Biden's Foreign Policy Already GettING Results

Tiberius

Man oh man, some people on the Left are working overtime to pretend none of this Afghanistan mess is Biden’s fault. We realize they have spent many years blaming Trump for any and everything wrong in the WORLD, but pretending Biden was powerless or had to do this or was just following along is a stretch even for those stretchy mo-fos.

Planning to remove our troops from Afghanistan is one thing. Doing it in such a sloppy way that the Taliban has already taken over the country? That’s very different.

And even the Biden automatons have to know that.

We hate to break it to them (ok, not really), but Biden was talking about leaving Afghanistan when he was still our crappy Vice President.

One of my colleagues is a huge liberal (I still love the guy though).  He rarely ever talks to me about politics because he knows I'm an Independent who leans right.  While we were on break at the same time in the office, he said "man, what a mess Afghanistan is."  I was floored and said "yeah, the withdrawal was a disaster." 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

One of my colleagues is a huge liberal (I still love the guy though).  He rarely ever talks to me about politics because he knows I'm an Independent who leans right.  While we were on break at the same time in the office, he said "man, what a mess Afghanistan is."  I was floored and said "yeah, the withdrawal was a disaster." 

Democrats will have a tough decision to make very soon (myself included).  Many are not being fooled by the media, the bots on social media or their echo chambers.  Liberals, not so much.  They’re dug in, no matter what.  Blaming Trump for this mess in Afghanistan, is jaw dropping.  Only the truly ignorant are falling for that blatant lie.  This was 100% on this administration.  And there’s no ownership by any of them.  Truly horrific.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bidens_basement said:

Brain dead biden owns this!!!!

What a disaster!

This is a mess too.  Demented Biden and the Squad screwed the pooch on this and so many other things.  What an idiot.  What a mess.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

Democrats will have a tough decision to make very soon (myself included).  Many are not being fooled by the media, the bots on social media or their echo chambers.  Liberals, not so much.  They’re dug in, no matter what.  Blaming Trump for this mess in Afghanistan, is jaw dropping.  Only the truly ignorant are falling for that blatant lie.  This was 100% on this administration.  And there’s no ownership by any of them.  Truly horrific.

My colleague talks politics with our boss, who was a Dem who changed to unaffiliated (but is still mostly a Dem).  I'll ask him what he thinks of the situation in Afghanistan and what my colleague has said to him about it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

My colleague talks politics with our boss, who was a Dem who changed to unaffiliated (but is still mostly a Dem).  I'll ask him what he thinks of the situation in Afghanistan and what my colleague has said to him about it.

Funny, I had quite a few of these conversations today.  I needed to know if others were seeing this the same way (we never really know these days because of social media and the media’s influence).  Everyone I spoke to is just as mortified as I am.  

Perspective is everything when judging a wars success. If the true goal of this 20 year Afghanistan war was for the military industrial complex to steal trillions of dollars from the American people then it was a tremendous success.

If the goal was to continue production of 90% of the world's opium, which the Taliban were shutting down 20 years ago (Taliban controlled areas produced close to nothing in 2001 while the rest of the country cultivated 8,000 hectares, there is now ~350,000 hectares of opium cultivation); opium production has since boomed significantly, regularly hitting all time highs over the last 20 years under US control. It has again, been a tremendous success. 

On the subject of the current panicked withdrawal disaster; perhaps if Pompeo and Trump had invited the Afghan government and military to take part in the 'peace' treaty they negotiated, and perhaps if they hadn't agreed to release 5,000 taliban soldiers that are now overrunning the country; this inevitable withdrawal which they negotiated and agreed to would have gone more smoothly.

One of those 5000 they released is the current leader who is now the new Afghan President. Trump said the Taliban were our allies, Pompeo said they denounce Al Qaeda; neither statement was true.  By meeting and signing a treaty with them, especially with no Afghan govt present, they recognized the Taliban as a legitimate political entity and essentialy sealed the country's fate. Trump even wanted to invite the Taliban to Camp David without the Afghan govt on the weekend of 9/11 2019 but was talked out of it. 

Trump and Pompeo basically negotiated our surrender and withdrawal and agreed to release the Taliban army and leadership without the governing Afghan govt  even present. The Afghan govt and military we had set up at great cost, (American and Afghan lives including countless innocent civilians and  $$$$$$$$$$ taken from the American people) to rule the country after we left were not even invited or consulted as Trump agreed to release their murderous enemies and abandon their country. Wtf ?! 

This incomprehensible snub of the Afghan government completely humiliated them and undermined their authority. It also destroyed confidence, morale and hope in the ranks as they realized they were being abandoned and the US was making deals with their enemy without them; undermining them while releasing 5000 hardened extremist enemy soldiers in their fragile new country. It was as if they wanted the Taliban to win and the democracy to fail. Maybe there could be a lot more money to make there down the road that way? (pointless, endless wars that cost trillions make me cynical)

Ultimately there's plenty of blame to go around for both parties and 4 administrations for this whole debacle, but maybe one of the original intentions was to make an obscene amount of money for as long as possible. If that's the case it was a huge success for war profiteers and a complete disaster for everybody else, especially the Afghan people.

In other words, just like most wars.

Obama released a Taliban leader for Bowe Bergdahl.  And Biden could have reneged on the withdrawal if he thought it was so bad.  He didn't, which says he agreed with it.  Then botched it.  And it was under his watch so ultimately he gets the blame.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

Perspective is everything when judging a wars success. If the true goal of this 20 year Afghanistan war was for the military industrial complex to steal trillions of dollars from the American people then it was a tremendous success.

If the goal was to continue production of 90% of the world's opium, which the Taliban were shutting down 20 years ago (Taliban controlled areas produced close to nothing in 2001 while the rest of the country cultivated 8,000 hectares, there is now ~350,000 hectares of opium cultivation); opium production has since boomed significantly, regularly hitting all time highs over the last 20 years under US control. It has again, been a tremendous success. 

On the subject of the current panicked withdrawal disaster; perhaps if Pompeo and Trump had invited the Afghan government and military to take part in the 'peace' treaty they negotiated, and perhaps if they hadn't agreed to release 5,000 taliban soldiers that are now overrunning the country; this inevitable withdrawal which they negotiated and agreed to would have gone more smoothly.

One of those 5000 they released is the current leader who is now the new Afghan President. Trump said the Taliban were our allies, Pompeo said they denounce Al Qaeda; neither statement was true.  By meeting and signing a treaty with them, especially with no Afghan govt present, they recognized the Taliban as a legitimate political entity and essentialy sealed the country's fate. Trump even wanted to invite the Taliban to Camp David without the Afghan govt on the weekend of 9/11 2019 but was talked out of it. 

Trump and Pompeo basically negotiated our surrender and withdrawal and agreed to release the Taliban army and leadership without the governing Afghan govt  even present. The Afghan govt and military we had set up at great cost, (American and Afghan lives including countless innocent civilians and  $$$$$$$$$$ taken from the American people) to rule the country after we left were not even invited or consulted as Trump agreed to release their murderous enemies and abandon their country. Wtf ?! 

This incomprehensible snub of the Afghan government completely humiliated them and undermined their authority. It also destroyed confidence, morale and hope in the ranks as they realized they were being abandoned and the US was making deals with their enemy without them; undermining them while releasing 5000 hardened extremist enemy soldiers in their fragile new country. It was as if they wanted the Taliban to win and the democracy to fail. Maybe there could be a lot more money to make there down the road that way? (pointless, endless wars that cost trillions make me cynical)

Ultimately there's plenty of blame to go around for both parties and 4 administrations for this whole debacle, but maybe one of the original intentions was to make an obscene amount of money for as long as possible. If that's the case it was a huge success for war profiteers and a complete disaster for everybody else, especially the Afghan people.

In other words, just like most wars.

interesting idea but, 1 the Afghanistan war over twenty years amounts to a paltry 5% of the defense budget.  Sure there might be some of that enriching defense industry, but why OC such a shotty low tech opponent? 

Also suggesting Trumpy wanted to bring anyone to camp David is a patent lie. He hated the place, considered it a dump. Not enough gussy gold plated urinals or what ever gets him off. 

opium, maybe but how does that help our government objectives? Unless the idea was to let the opium export crest cash inflows to finance the country and any infrastructure build we wanted to award? 

This whole Afghanistan thing is just fascinating. This love to know the real story some day. 

Now maybe China and Russia will grapple over it for a bit? Assuming we get out finally. 

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

interesting idea but, 1 the Afghanistan war over twenty years amounts to a paltry 5% of the defense budget.  Sure there might be some of that enriching defense industry, but why OC such a shotty low tech opponent? 

Also suggesting Trumpy wanted to bring anyone to camp David is a patent lie. He hated the place, considered it a dump. Not enough gussy gold plated urinals or what ever gets him off. 

opium, maybe but how does that help our government objectives? Unless the idea was to let the opium export crest cash inflows to finance the country and any infrastructure build we wanted to award? 

This whole Afghanistan thing is just fascinating. This love to know the real story some day. 

Now maybe China and Russia will grapple over it for a bit? Assuming we get out finally. 

Afghanistan, and the middle east, has a ton of natural resources and strategic value. 

It's why nobody care about the human rights atrocities in Africa, they have little natural resources, the middle east is quite rich though.

It's all about the money, let china go mire there for a few decades trying to figure those people out now. 

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Camp David meeting called off at last minute.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/09/08/president-trump-criticized-taliban-camp-david/2255653001/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2019/09/08/trump-calls-off-secret-camp-david-meeting-with-taliban-afghan-leaders/&ved=2ahUKEwi2_JmmkbfyAhVJaM0KHSuhDK8QFnoECB8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1E3ewrxoBmpKvHuUOFciHy

It was called off after the Taliban claimed responsibility for a car bomb that killed 12 including 1 American.

My point was that Trump and Pompeo legitimized these guys and undermined the now failed Afghan govt. by only inviting the Taliban, then agreeing to release 5,000 enemy soldiers in their country without even consulting them. It is outrageous and completely against the stated objective of building a govt and security force to run the country when we 've gone.

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

Camp David meeting called off at last minute.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/09/08/president-trump-criticized-taliban-camp-david/2255653001/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2019/09/08/trump-calls-off-secret-camp-david-meeting-with-taliban-afghan-leaders/&ved=2ahUKEwi2_JmmkbfyAhVJaM0KHSuhDK8QFnoECB8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1E3ewrxoBmpKvHuUOFciHy

It was called off after the Taliban claimed responsibility for a car bomb that killed 12 including 1 American.

My point was that Trump and Pompeo legitimized these guys and undermined the now failed Afghan govt. by only inviting the Taliban, then agreeing to release 5,000 enemy soldiers in their country without even consulting them. It is outrageous and completely against the stated objective of building a govt and security force to run the country when we 've gone.

Trump and Pomeo released 5,000 prisoners?

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You seem to be more aware of the real Trump compared to most right leaning people.  He would've been in his early 30's when the Camp David Accords happened and Carter got great press from it.  Do you find it that much of a stretch that Trump is unaware of the "Camp David summon" symbolism when it came to peace talks over the years and would've loved to make a "deal" with the Taliban there?