Shady gets 2nd ring

deanjf

11 hours ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

I mean, did he? Sure he has two rings but i donno if he would even say he earned them? He was on the teams, its a nice keepsake but his accolades rest in his regular season yardage and touchdown totals.  HOF? 

We all remember Shady from his time in Buffalo and it has to be killing him inside to know that he has 2 rings but didn’t really contribute much to winning either of them.  

I’m sure he’ll take them.  They won’t hurt his legacy, but his SB victories are very much an afterthought

15 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Better keep track of which team he ends up on next year for betting reasons.

New TJ yeldon?  

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

We all remember Shady from his time in Buffalo and it has to be killing him inside to know that he has 2 rings but didn’t really contribute much to winning either of them.  

I’m sure he’ll take them.  They won’t hurt his legacy, but his SB victories are very much an afterthought

Hey - at the very least they're worth some money.

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

New TJ yeldon?  

Hey - at the very least they're worth some money.

True!  But Shady is set for life.  I know he was very much concerned about his legacy and how he’ll be remembered.  

He badly wanted to get his first victory against Jacksonville in 2017.  These 2 Super Bowl rings kind of have an asterisk next to them and it can’t sit well with him.  It would be like calling Bernie Kosar “a Super Bowl winning QB”

Edited by JohnNord

9 hours ago, Pokebball said:

A buddy of mine and I were talking last night.  Do the players that opted out get a ring?

That's up to the team. The NFL contributes part of the cost for up to 150 rings. Any more than that, the team pays for.  When the Bills were AFC Champions, Mr. Wilson made sure everyone on the team and office personnel received rings. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

The most interesting game stat I heard was JPP is undefeated in the playoffs....he has never lost a game......only fingers ;)

I was surprised he was pretty well behaved when he was in Buffalo....he went back to Philly to cause shjt ;)

Good for him getting 2 in a row.

get Shady and JPP here!

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Love that Leveon bell didn't get a ring haha thats likely the main reason he went to kc...he could've gone to Buffalo or Miami and contributed and earned himself a nice payday on his next contract 

Honestly, wonder if Bell could have helped the Bills running offense? Food for thought.

23 hours ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

I mean, did he? Sure he has two rings but i donno if he would even say he earned them? He was on the teams, its a nice keepsake but his accolades rest in his regular season yardage and touchdown totals.  HOF? 

If you are part of a team that won the SB and accepted the role asked of you for good of the team, you earned your ring.

• Like (+1) 1