Peterman signed to extension

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol "so many" huh?

Preseason Game 1 (Panthers):  NP is the starter in 1st Q for 2 series.  McCarron in for 2 series.  After the half, Allen plays every snap.

Preseason game  2 (Browns):  After 3 punts in the 1st Q, AJM gets the hook.  Allen and then Peterman finish.

Preseason Game  3 (Bengals):  AJM gets zero snaps

Preseason Game  4 (scrubs only):  it's the AJM farewell show.

"Everyone" thought he was superior to NP?  Not the Bills staff, it seems.  He had 1 more career win than NP when they signed him. They brought in this bum to see if he was any better than NP.  Turns out he was worse.  It shouldn't have cost them 4.1 million to figure that out (or to realize that you start your top 10 QB pick when you have no solid vet to sit him behind.....).

McCarron got injured. That's why he didn't play game 3, which he would have started and gotten significant snaps in. It was a competition and it was widely speculated that he would win that competition. He was the highest paid QB on the team. The team expected him to start.

But he didn't win the job so they shipped him off.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

McCarron got injured. That's why he didn't play game 3, which he would have started and gotten significant snaps in. It was a competition and it was widely speculated that he would win that competition. He was the highest paid QB on the team. The team expected him to start.

But he didn't win the job so they shipped him off.

He was a mess before he was injured.  After his 3 punt drives in Game 2 1st Q, the "competition" was over.  

"He was the highest paid QB on the team."  Yeah, see?  That's the funny part I was posting about.......4.1 million to confirm he's worse than Nate Peterman.

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was a mess before he was injured.  After his 3 punt drives in Game 2 1st Q, the "competition" was over.  

"He was the highest paid QB on the team."  Yeah, see?  That's the funny part I was posting about.......4.1 million to confirm he's worse than Nate Peterman.

This is a strange thing to cry about. But go ahead. Keep crying about a few million dollars spent trying to find a bridge QB 3 years ago. You usually complain about everything, so this is normal behavior.

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

This is a strange thing to cry about. But go ahead. Keep crying about a few million dollars spent trying to find a bridge QB 3 years ago. You usually complain about everything, so this is normal behavior.

If you had read through my posts, you would see that I was not crying, but laughing.

You come in with easily disproven nonsense, so you have to change the narrative.

More laughter ensues.... 

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If you had read through my posts, you would see that I was not crying, but laughing.

You come in with easily disproven nonsense, so you have to change the narrative.

More laughter ensues.... 

Nope. Everything I said was accurate. You are the one trying to change history with your alternate reality.

But keep laughing. I'm happy for you.

Just now, MJS said:

Nope. Everything I said was accurate. You are the one trying to change history with your alternate reality.

But keep laughing. I'm happy for you.

Yeah,  AJM comes into camp with that career 2-1 record and looked so sweet before the injury that he really had McD's head spinning.  An embarrassment of riches at QB----competition got HEATED.   What to do??!   

Awesome stuff. 

You define "alternate" reality. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah,  AJM comes into camp with that career 2-1 record and looked so sweet before the injury that he really had McD's head spinning.  An embarrassment of riches at QB----competition got HEATED.   What to do??!   

Awesome stuff. 

You define "alternate" reality. 

Your complaint is giving him a contract thinking that he was a 3rd string QB. But he wasn't signed to be a 3rd string QB. That is alternate reality conceived in your mind with no basis in fact.

He was signed to compete to start. That's a fact. Regardless of how he performed after signing the contract, he was initially signed to compete for a starting job. And Allen was supposed to sit and learn, which is a very common approach when drafting a QB.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, MJS said:

Your complaint is giving him a contract thinking that he was a 3rd string QB. But he wasn't signed to be a 3rd string QB. That is alternate reality conceived in your mind with no basis in fact.

He was signed to compete to start. That's a fact. Regardless of how he performed after signing the contract, he was initially signed to compete for a starting job. And Allen was supposed to sit and learn, which is a very common approach when drafting a QB.

Nope.  Not when you draft a kid top 7 and you have no other real QB on the roster.  

AJM was competing for the backup job (just like NP is in LV).   He's a backup QB.  McD inexplicably chose NP to start week 1---a decision he quickly corrected at halftime when he came to his senses and made the logical move....and the rest is history.   

keep it coming though...

Any QB that thinks they have any ability (Kap) must be losing their minds.  

I would rather put a punter in at QB than let Natan see the failed.  

This makes zero sense to me 

Edited by Virgil

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Nope.  Not when you draft a kid top 7 and you have no other real QB on the roster.  

AJM was competing for the backup job (just like NP is in LV).   He's a backup QB.  McD inexplicably chose NP to start week 1---a decision he quickly corrected at halftime when he came to his senses and made the logical move....and the rest is history.   

keep it coming though...

Regardless of how YOU feel about it, it is, in fact, a very common tactic to attempt to have rookies QB's sit their first year or at least multiple games of their first year.

Maybe you don't like that. But that's not relevant. Lots of coaches do that. Mahomes sat his entire first year. Coaches often try to bring along rookie QB's slowly, even those drafted in the top 10.

The plan was for Allen to sit as long as possible. And it soon became apparent that such a tactic would not be viable.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, MJS said:

Regardless of how YOU feel about it, it is, in fact, a very common tactic to attempt to have rookies QB's sit their first year or at least multiple games of their first year.

Maybe you don't like that. But that's not relevant. Lots of coaches do that. Mahomes sat his entire first year. Coaches often try to bring along rookie QB's slowly, even those drafted in the top 10.

The plan was for Allen to sit as long as possible. And it soon became apparent that such a tactic would not be viable.

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

You're joking now, right? 

We've covered this already (see above).  Mahomes sat for a year....behind Alex Smith , who had gone to a SB with SF and won 50 games and was a 3 time Pro Bowler for the Chiefs!  

AJM was an inexperienced backup who had 3 starts where he completed only 79 passes in Cincy.

Allen in his rookie season, sat for a total of 30 minutes until, for McD, it "became apparent that such a tactic would not be viable."

• Eyeroll 1

12 hours ago, MJS said:

No question—NP legit earned his Baltimore starting spot because he was better, plain and simple, during camp and preseason. The implosion came in the reg season, not a minute earlier. 
https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/09/03/nathan-peterman-buffalo-bills-starting-quarterback-josh-allen-baltimore-ravens/1185281002/

14 hours ago, Virgil said:

Any QB that things they have any ability (Kap) must be losing their minds.  

I would rather put a punter in at QB than let Natan see the failed.  

This makes zero sense to me 

"Catnip for Coaches on the Whiteboard" is all I can figure

Either that, or naughty pictures of the offensive staff.