Fake Woke

JaCrispy

46 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Nice he pulled a Trump and committed sexual harassment.

What do you think of the message of the song, though?  Do you think Tom MacDonald makes some valid points?

PS...you don’t have to feel guilty if you think “yes”...

I know the far Left likes to intimidate people, and make them feel ashamed of themselves (ie racist, homophobic, transphobic, etc) if they don’t conform 100% to their ideology...But moderates like me aren’t that rigid and demanding...you are open to think freely, where I come from, without fear of being called names, cancelled, or doxxed...👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

What do you think of the message of the song, though?  Do you think Tom MacDonald makes some valid points?

PS...you don’t have to feel guilty if you think “yes”...

I know the far Left likes to intimidate people, and make them feel ashamed of themselves (ie racist, homophobic, transphobic, etc) if they don’t conform 100% to their ideology...But moderates like me aren’t that rigid and demanding...you are open to think freely, where I come from, without fear of being called names, cancelled, or doxxed...👍

I like Tom Macdonald and listened to ***** he put out well before this song.

Edited by TBBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

Just as an update the song has been pulled from iTunes and Amazon.

Haha...of course it was! MacDonald’s message was waking people up from their hypnosis...

And we can’t have differing points of view that illustrate the fallacies of the prevailing wisdom of the day...it might change people’s minds about “wokeness”...👎

This is how you destroy a nation- by making free thought illegal...

• Like (+1) 3

On 2/11/2021 at 7:25 PM, JaCrispy said:

Haha...of course it was! MacDonald’s message was waking people up from their hypnosis...

And we can’t have differing points of view that illustrate the fallacies of the prevailing wisdom of the day...it might change people’s minds about “wokeness”...👎

This is how you destroy a nation- by making free thought illegal...

Right from the song —-

“Censoring the facts turns our children into idiots.  They claim it's for our safety, I'll tell you what it really is:
Removing information that empowers all the citizens. 

The truth doesn’t damage points of view that are legitimate”

• Thank you (+1) 1

A pleasant mix of truth and stupid...kind of not surprised when someone's lyrical angst includes Eminem's position on anything.

Never understood why anyone puts any stock into what entertainers have to say.

They may be talented, but they can still be dumb as a rock.

Generally put as much stock in their opinions as I do in those of my neighbor Jim.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, B-Man said:

GET WOKE…: Disney Stock Has Tumbled Nearly 50 Percent as Audiences Turn Away.

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2022/06/21/disney-stock-has-tumbled-nearly-50-percent-as-audiences-turn-away-n581861

Disney+ subscribers continue to increase.  Revenue is up year over year.    Now I'm no financial analyst but if audiences were turning away, wouldn't that be reflected in the numbers?  Wait, I am an analyst, and it absolutely would!!  Ms. Marvel is less popular then Loki (which is the "wokest" of all the Disney shows) is the only thing resembling analysis in that article and its mostly meaningless in describing equity prices.  

NFLX is down 71%.   Even DWAC is down "nearly 50%" YTD. DWAC!!!  Hell, the S&P 500 is down 22% YTD.   Has all of corporate America gone woke?!?! Using RedState logic, yes it has.  What is more likely: has there, in fact, been a sell off in streaming, tech, and media OR did a cartoon, lesbian kiss sink an iconic brand?

This is just the latest example of "Get woke, go broke" as a vapid, opportunistic talking point for headline readers who view the world through identity politics.   Correlation as causation, catchy headline, no real analysis, fish in a barrel.  Its bait for people looking for it. Same with the Gillette narrative where a 5 year trend in a declining business unit was retroactively blamed on a super bowl ad.   Same with Nike when the Kaepernick ad boycotts actually turned out to be a 30% uptick in sales.  Same as it ever was.  

17 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Disney+ subscribers continue to increase.  Revenue is up year over year.   

Real subscribers or like Twitter accounts?

Because lots of different packages with cell phone purchases and other "deals" throw in Disney + - doesn't the ESPN package include it?

I can assure you - people are dropping and will continue to drop Disney +

NFLX is down 71%.   Even DWAC is down "nearly 50%" YTD. DWAC!!!  Hell, the S&P 500 is down 22% YTD.   Has all of corporate America gone woke?!?! Using RedState logic, yes it has.

Yes.  Yes it has.  

The vast majority bc they feel they have no choice - the mob will cancel them - no one wants to be called a bigot because you didn't make your Baseball players wear pride pins.  

What is more likely: has there, in fact, been a sell off in streaming, tech, and media OR did a cartoon, lesbian kiss sink an iconic brand?

Yes.  Yes it did. 

Edited by Big Blitz

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Real subscribers or like Twitter accounts?

Because lots of different packages with cell phone purchases and other "deals" throw in Disney + - doesn't the ESPN package include it?

I can assure you - people are dropping and will continue to drop Disney +

Yes.  Yes it has.  

Yes.  Yes it did. 

Disney+ is a monthly, paid, subscription.  There are no bots and russian troll accounts inflating the numbers.  Brush up on the business model if you really want to have this talk. 

I just pulled their 10-Q and I'm looking at the figures which show a 20% increase in Disney+ (not ESPN, Hulu, Verizon bundles) domestic subscribers year over year but I will take your personal guarantee on the matter under the appropriate level of consideration. 

I could've sworn that rising interest rates were bringing some sanity back to equity markets after a decade long bull run propped up on cheap debt but it was wokeness all along.  Great points.  

18 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Disney+ is a monthly, paid, subscription.  There are no bots and russian troll accounts inflating the numbers.  Brush up on the business model if you really want to have this talk. 

I just pulled their 10-Q and I'm looking at the figures which show a 20% increase in Disney+ (not ESPN, Hulu, Verizon bundles) domestic subscribers year over year but I will take your personal guarantee on the matter under the appropriate level of consideration. 

I could've sworn that rising interest rates were bringing some sanity back to equity markets after a decade long bull run propped up on cheap debt but it was wokeness all along.  Great points.  

Disney plus when it launched had about 25 million people buy a three year plan for $150 total. Those plans end this November and I am very interested how many of them get renewed. You and I do agree with something about Disney, which is that going woke is not what is killing them. The products and customer service has fallen off terribly since 2019, in park, in movie, and on streaming. I think they are trying to use the "woke" stuff as cover for why their numbers are going south faster than about anyone else. I say this a person who can hear the Disney fireworks from my house.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Nobody goes there anymore; it’s always too crowded

With the new reservation system it often is "sold out" but is not too busy. They have definitely tried to figure out how to get every dollar out of each customer who shows up. I stopped getting annual passes because kids stopped wanting to go but most of my friends have stopped getting passes because the park experience is not the same as it used to be.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

With the new reservation system it often is "sold out" but is not too busy. They have definitely tried to figure out how to get every dollar out of each customer who shows up. I stopped getting annual passes because kids stopped wanting to go but most of my friends have stopped getting passes because the park experience is not the same as it used to be.

Oh, I agree with that. It’s a far worse experience now, worst in my memory (I went in January). But …. To assess whether there’s any negative impact on the parks, we’ll really need to wait till fall, when those who’d already booked have completed their vacations. There’s a lot of wishful thinking here. 

25 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Oh, I agree with that. It’s a far worse experience now, worst in my memory (I went in January). But …. To assess whether there’s any negative impact on the parks, we’ll really need to wait till fall, when those who’d already booked have completed their vacations. There’s a lot of wishful thinking here. 

If you came this year I appreciate you paying my taxes. 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Disney plus when it launched had about 25 million people buy a three year plan for $150 total. Those plans end this November and I am very interested how many of them get renewed. You and I do agree with something about Disney, which is that going woke is not what is killing them. The products and customer service has fallen off terribly since 2019, in park, in movie, and on streaming. I think they are trying to use the "woke" stuff as cover for why their numbers are going south faster than about anyone else. I say this a person who can hear the Disney fireworks from my house.

But they aren't using the woke excuse and their streaming numbers are rising....

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 12:59 PM, B-Man said:

GET WOKE…: Disney Stock Has Tumbled Nearly 50 Percent as Audiences Turn Away.

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2022/06/21/disney-stock-has-tumbled-nearly-50-percent-as-audiences-turn-away-n581861

Disney Shares Drop Almost 50%, Destroying Shareholders

Long-time shareholders of The Walt Disney Company are enraged. Its shares are down 45% over the last year, and much more from when they peaked last November. Disney has lost over $150 billion of its market cap since then.

Disney’s most recently reported quarter was mediocre, given that it was rebounding from the COVID-19 pandemic. Revenue rose 23% to $19.2 billion. Net income fell 48% to $470 million.

Bob Chapek, the company’s CEO commented: “Our strong results in the second quarter, including fantastic performance at our domestic parks and continued growth of our streaming services—with 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in the quarter and total subscriptions across all our DTC offerings exceeding 205 million—once again proved that we are in a league of our own.”

What Chapek did not say is that the growth of Disney+ slowed considerably. In a crowded field dominated by Netflix and Amazon Prime, the sharp increase in Disney+ subscribers, until recently, is probably over. Disney has bet its future on the digital world, and that is not paying off.

https://247wallst.com/media/2022/07/04/disney-shares-drop-almost-50-destroying-shareholders/