Moscow Marge + Lauren Bobo = the face of Putin and the QOP

On 2/2/2021 at 11:36 AM, Tenhigh said:

The one from Georgia is pretty clearly nuts, the other sounds like it as well if she incited violence, but I'm not sure I'd call either the face of the party. Right now, it's generally faceless, with the exception of mushy mouth Mitch. I think the party could use an intelligent moderate as it's new face.  I think Jon Huntsman would be a good candidate, he seems like a pretty good guy, smart, willing to work across the aisle, and is well versed in international an domestic policy.  Unfortunately, I don't think the @$$holes on the far right would accept a Mormon who gave illegal immigrants driver's licenses, and the @$$holes on the far left wouldn't accept a guy who served as Trump's Russian ambassador due to TDS.  

The GOP has a "far left"?  Seriously?  Who would be in that group? 

15 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Far Left?  - Kasich, Romney, Collins to a degree.  They do exist.

Far Right - Paul Rand (Tea Party people) 

Outer Space Far Right - MTG 

(Its why we have a space force) ;)  ;)  

House Democrats, as this post is being typed, are preparing to strip Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) of her committee assignments.

Has to be done, you see, because she represents the radical extremists who control the GOP, who launched a failed coup d’tat on January 6 and who will wreak lethal havoc in every city, town and village across America if Greene isn’t punished.

John Daniel Davidson takes on this fairy tale and subjects it to a thorough dose of reality.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/02/04/the-qanon-takeover-of-the-gop-is-a-fantasy-of-corporate-media-and-democrats/

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, B-Man said:

House Democrats, as this post is being typed, are preparing to strip Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) of her committee assignments.

Has to be done, you see, because she represents the radical extremists who control the GOP, who launched a failed coup d’tat on January 6 and who will wreak lethal havoc in every city, town and village across America if Greene isn’t punished.

John Daniel Davidson takes on this fairy tale and subjects it to a thorough dose of reality.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/02/04/the-qanon-takeover-of-the-gop-is-a-fantasy-of-corporate-media-and-democrats/

MTG is a ***** nutbag, man. She doesn't belong as a representative, she belongs in an institution. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Sorry, I could have been clearer.  I'm mean the @$$holes on the far left of the democratic party would never allow the centrists to work with Trump's 2017-2019 ambassador to Russia.  

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Far Left?  - Kasich, Romney, Collins to a degree.  They do exist.

Far Right - Paul Rand (Tea Party people) 

Outer Space Far Right - MTG 

(Its why we have a space force) ;)  ;)  

Sorry, not what I meant, see above.  

Edited by Tenhigh

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Sorry, I could have been clearer.  I'm mean the @$$holes on the far left of the democratic party would never allow the centrists to work with Trump's 2017-2019 ambassador to Russia.  

Sorry, not what I meant, see above.  

The left wing of the Democratic Party doesn't control what the Republican Party does, so don't try to shift the blame from where it belongs.  The Republicans used to have a left wing, back in the 1960s and early 1970s.  Now, they all they have are Right Wingers, Far Right Wingers, Far Right Extremists, and Wacko Trumpists (ie, traitors and fascists).   That's their "big tent", and the Wacko Trumpists want to purge the Right Wingers for not being "pure" enough.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The left wing of the Democratic Party doesn't control what the Republican Party does, so don't try to shift the blame from where it belongs.  The Republicans used to have a left wing, back in the 1960s and early 1970s.  Now, they all they have are Right Wingers, Far Right Wingers, Far Right Extremists, and Wacko Trumpists (ie, traitors and fascists).   That's their "big tent", and the Wacko Trumpists want to purge the Right Wingers for not being "pure" enough.

My point is that a guy like Huntsman would be dead in the water because he was associated with Trump.  If you don't think that the left wing of your party has any effect on the republican party at all, I don't know what to tell you.   Hell, even look at the news.  You really think CNN would be reasonable with that guy?  I don't.  

14 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

My point is that a guy like Huntsman would be dead in the water because he was associated with Trump.  If you don't think that the left wing of your party has any effect on the republican party at all, I don't know what to tell you.   Hell, even look at the news.  You really think CNN would be reasonable with that guy?  I don't.  

My point is that it's Republicans who have made -- and continue to make -- their own trouble.  Huntsman isn't acceptable to most of the GOP because he's not close enough to Wacko Trumpism.   Marjorie Taylor-Greene obviously is acceptable because she's a true believer in Wacko Trumpism.   Right now, "moderate Republicans" -- ie, Republicans unwilling to kiss Trump's ass -- are an endangered species in the GOP.   When the Republicans fix their own issues, then you can complain about the left wing of the Democratic Party not being willing to work with "moderate" Republicans.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

My point is that it's Republicans who have made -- and continue to make -- their own trouble.  Huntsman isn't acceptable to most of the GOP because he's not close enough to Wacko Trumpism.   Marjorie Taylor-Greene obviously is acceptable because she's a true believer in Wacko Trumpism.   Right now, "moderate Republicans" -- ie, Republicans unwilling to kiss Trump's ass -- are an endangered species in the GOP.   When the Republicans fix their own issues, then you can complain about the left wing of the Democratic Party not being willing to work with "moderate" Republicans.  

I agree that they tend to make their own trouble, but I'm not sure that "Wacko Trumpism" is really the cause, but more of a symptom.  A large portion of the party thinks that establishment politicians on both sides of the aisle act in only their own best interest, not in that of the American public.  That's why the idea of Trump is/was so attractive to many, he represents/represented an outsider who wasn't beholden to special interest, and promised to put America and Americans first.  Huntsman, on the other hand, is about an established a politician as they come, and if the base wants to win back the white house it needs to find a way to get comfortable with guys like this again.

But I don't think that moderates are an endangered species, and I think you really don't either.  There are plenty out there, I think that a lot of them are keeping their heads down and trying to just get past the fallout associated with January 6th.  It's a no win situation, and politicians (on either side of the aisle) are nothing if not obsessed with self preservation.  

I believe that once the impeachment process is passed I think you'll see them out in a little more force.  But I think that right now, the media is stoking the flames of the Trump fire, because it keeps people tuning in, and it makes the liberal agenda look more mainstream when you highlight the far right crazies.

On 2/4/2021 at 12:38 PM, B-Man said:

You and MTG seem to be birds of a feather.  

For more than five years, I begged Republicans to reject the creeping anti-Semitism Donald Trump brought to the party, noting on the eve of the 2016 election that “when a demagogue begins to identify scapegoats, the Jews are never far behind.”

But I never expected I would see in my lifetime, in the United States of America, what occurred on the floor of the House this week. One hundred ninety-nine Republican members of Congress rallied to the defense of a vile, unapologetic anti-Semite in their ranks who calls for assassination of her opponents.

This is more than a Republican problem; it’s an American problem. You don’t have to be a scholar of 20th-century Europe to know what happens when the elected leaders of a democracy condone violence as a political tool and blame the country’s ills on the Jews.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.), who is quickly becoming the de facto face of the Republican Party, has suggested that the deadly neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, where white supremacists chanted “Jews will not replace us,” was actually an “inside job” to “further the agenda of the elites.”

She shared a video in which a Holocaust denier claimed that an “unholy alliance of leftists, capitalists and Zionist supremacists have schemed to promote immigration and miscegenation” with the purpose of “breeding us out of existence in our own homelands.”

She posed for campaign photos with a white-supremacist leader and then refused to renounce the man.

She approved of a claim that the Israeli intelligence service assassinatedJohn F. Kennedy, and she speculated that wealthy Jewish interests — the Rothschilds, a target of anti-Semites since the 19th century — set forest fires in California using lasers from space.

This isn’t idle bigotry, for she “liked” a social media suggestion that “a bullet to the head would be quicker” to remove House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (Calif.), who has committed “a crime punishable by death.” She posted on social media about hanging Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, approved of a suggestion that FBI agents be executed, and posted a photo of herself with an automatic weapon next to three Democratic members of Congress, calling herself their “worst nightmare.”

On the House floor this week, she offered no apology and no direct mention of her anti-Semitic and violent statements. Using Christ-on-the-cross imagery, she condemned those who would “crucify me in the public square for words that I said, and I regret, a few years ago.”

But she didn’t regret them. She had tweeted the night before: “We owe them no apologies. We will never back down.” She retweeted an article featuring another QAnon adherent attacking the Republican Jewish Coalition. And several Republican colleagues gave her a standing ovation Wednesday night when she delivered a private speech that Republicans said was similar to the unrepentant one she gave in public on Thursday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/02/05/199-house-republicans-have-embraced-anti-semitism-violence/?arc404=true

• Like (+1) 4

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

For more than five years, I begged Republicans to reject the creeping anti-Semitism Donald Trump brought to the party, noting on the eve of the 2016 election that “when a demagogue begins to identify scapegoats, the Jews are never far behind.”

But I never expected I would see in my lifetime, in the United States of America, what occurred on the floor of the House this week. One hundred ninety-nine Republican members of Congress rallied to the defense of a vile, unapologetic anti-Semite in their ranks who calls for assassination of her opponents.

This is more than a Republican problem; it’s an American problem. You don’t have to be a scholar of 20th-century Europe to know what happens when the elected leaders of a democracy condone violence as a political tool and blame the country’s ills on the Jews.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.), who is quickly becoming the de facto face of the Republican Party, has suggested that the deadly neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, where white supremacists chanted “Jews will not replace us,” was actually an “inside job” to “further the agenda of the elites.”

She shared a video in which a Holocaust denier claimed that an “unholy alliance of leftists, capitalists and Zionist supremacists have schemed to promote immigration and miscegenation” with the purpose of “breeding us out of existence in our own homelands.”

She posed for campaign photos with a white-supremacist leader and then refused to renounce the man.

She approved of a claim that the Israeli intelligence service assassinatedJohn F. Kennedy, and she speculated that wealthy Jewish interests — the Rothschilds, a target of anti-Semites since the 19th century — set forest fires in California using lasers from space.

This isn’t idle bigotry, for she “liked” a social media suggestion that “a bullet to the head would be quicker” to remove House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (Calif.), who has committed “a crime punishable by death.” She posted on social media about hanging Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, approved of a suggestion that FBI agents be executed, and posted a photo of herself with an automatic weapon next to three Democratic members of Congress, calling herself their “worst nightmare.”

On the House floor this week, she offered no apology and no direct mention of her anti-Semitic and violent statements. Using Christ-on-the-cross imagery, she condemned those who would “crucify me in the public square for words that I said, and I regret, a few years ago.”

But she didn’t regret them. She had tweeted the night before: “We owe them no apologies. We will never back down.” She retweeted an article featuring another QAnon adherent attacking the Republican Jewish Coalition. And several Republican colleagues gave her a standing ovation Wednesday night when she delivered a private speech that Republicans said was similar to the unrepentant one she gave in public on Thursday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/02/05/199-house-republicans-have-embraced-anti-semitism-violence/?arc404=true

If they keep letting this fringe be the face of their party they're going to break it in half.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Warcodered said:

If they keep letting this fringe be the face of their party they're going to break it in half.

Have you considered that the left thinks she is the face of the Republican party for the same reason that the right sees AOC and Omar as the face of the left? And because the news you watch props them up as heels/foils? 

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

Have you considered that the left thinks she is the face of the Republican party for the same reason that the right sees AOC and Omar as the face of the left? And because the news you watch props them up as heels/foils? 

Wrong the left just likes that the right is fighting each other thanks to the feeble minded republicans.

Edited by TBBills

18 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

That is kind of funny. The left points out that an anti-Semitic, conspiracy theory spewing hater who wants to murder Democrats is given a standing ovation by the Republicans, while AOC who promotes green energy is....well, you get the point, right? 

• Like (+1) 3