[Misleading Title] Here is something to spoil your day.

As to QB's for Miami, the top 2 (Lawence and Fiedls) will be gone, although Miami could easily move up to take either one, due to all their draft capital. (remember that moving up to get Allen was a 2 year affair).

They could get Zack Wilson or Lance, who are the other top two.  Little question of this although somebody could overpay and jump the que.

There are also Trash (Florida), Newman (Georgia) and Jones(Alabama) who might be somewhere in the lower part of round 2.

There is also a potential trade from Houston, which looks like it is in a meltdown. They could get rid of the unhappy QB and draft a new one with the #3 pick.

I don't know why Tua looked so bad last year and pretty good in college.  Maybe there is a hidden injury or something of the like.

4 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

If you’re Houston, would you trade Watson to Miami for the 2 #1’s, 2 #2’s and Tua?  Of course, the irony is that two of those picks are their own picks.      I’d do that deal.  Would Miami?  

I don't think it would cost that much.  The #3 pick and a high second might do it. They have to unload him and the cap is down.

1 minute ago, st pete gogolak said:

If you’re Houston, would you trade Watson to Miami for the 2 #1’s, 2 #2’s and Tua?  Of course, the irony is that two of those picks are their own picks.      I’d do that deal.  Would Miami?  

No. I'd rather have two #1s this year, a #1 next year and then a #2 and another pick. I don't get this obsession with people wanting to give the Texans Tua (or Darnold) in trades. Why would the Texans want them when one of the picks that Miami would be giving them is their own #3 overall (the Jets would be giving #2 overall) and there are 4 good Quarterback prospects in this draft? 

I am not giving up Deshaun Watson unless there is absolutely no chance of resolving the situation if I am Houston. If I am forced into dealing him to the Jets or the Dolphins and I have a top 3 pick then you better believe I am taking one of these Quarterbacks rather than a guy another team are getting rid of. It is different if they trade him to Carolina or San Francisco where I am not guaranteed even with their #1 to be in position to pick a guy. Then I want Bridgewater or Jimmy G as part of the deal to give some semblance of respectable QB play until I can take another swing at my long term guy. But if they have the #2 or #3 pick (and a chunk of other draft capital too) then they would be insane not to take a Quarterback. 

2 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I don't think it would cost that much.  The #3 pick and a high second might do it. They have to unload him and the cap is down.

Jamal Adams went for 2 first round picks. A safety. 

A top 5 NFL Quarterback is costing 3 first round picks. There is absolutely no question about it. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sad Fan said:

I'm never EVER going to lose sleep over the Bills having a pick in every round and picking in the 30s every year.

The years of me being excited about multiple picks high in the draft are hopefully well behind us. Go Bills

You don’t sound all that sad!   :)

Yes, the Dolphins have a freaky number of high picks. A lot of maybe’s. We traded last years #1 maybe for Diggs, and that worked for me!  Until you have the QB none of that matters too much. I’ll prefer to keep picking in the 30’s. 

• Like (+1) 2

This looks like a down year for drafting, plus it takes time for 1st rd picks to develop and that’s if you pick the right one. 

I feel like if NE finds a good QB in FA they will be the team that we are fighting with for the division. I think Flores will soon be getting into the long line of failed Belicheat HC’s.

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

This looks like a down year for drafting, plus it takes time for 1st rd picks to develop and that’s if you pick the right one. 

I feel like if NE finds a good QB in FA they will be the team that we are fighting with for the division. I think Flores will soon be getting into the long line of failed Belicheat HC’s.

I disagree on Flores. He has done a nice job rebuilding the Fins. I hope he fails obviously but I don't think so. He does have a QB problem (IMHO) as I don't see Tua as the answer. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I disagree on Flores. He has done a nice job rebuilding the Fins. I hope he fails obviously but I don't think so. He does have a QB problem (IMHO) as I don't see Tua as the answer. 

Only time will tell but I don’t see Miami beating us next year or the Patriots if they sign a Stafford type QB. They will be 3rd or last in the division and Flores will be fired in 2023.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

As long as Tua is their QB, they will never be a threat, IMO.

I agree and  contend they need to draft a QB, they have all the draft capital they need.  Flores is no fool, even nothing else we exposed Tua when he didnt have old man Fitzpatrick to bail him out.  Either that or Trade Tua to Houston and some picks for D Watson, that would be our worst case scenario imo.

3 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

The phins were a tough out this year.   What improvements might come to them from the draft? 

(.....)

Of course they already have their QB, so that 3rd pick is a luxury.

(.....)

AMMENDMENT:  yes we blew them out the very last game.  We beat them by 3 points in the first game.

We as fans don't seem to do very well playing "draft pick bingo" for our own team, so it seems a bit of a futile exercise to play "draft pick bingo" for another team.

I'll just point out the contradiction of the 2nd and 3rd statements.  Miami played us hard (at a point where our defense was struggling) with Fitzpatrick at QB, yet against Tua, some of our players sitting from the start, then even more at the half, we blew them out in the last game.

I'm not sure Miami already has their QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

The AFC East will be a tough division this season.

The Patriots have a ton of cap space and all those players that opted out over Covid will be back. All they need to do is find a QB, Stafford, Aaron Rodgers, a rookie in the draft? 

The Dolphins will be improved and might just draft a QB with that #3 overall pick.

QB Zach Wilson?

The NY Jets with a new defensive minded HC, could keep or trade away Darnold and draft a QB like Justin Fields with their #2 overall pick.

One of them will probably draft WR Devonta Smith, Alabama.

The division won't be creampuffs this season and I highly doubt the Bills sweep them all again. 

Buffalo will improve too. 

Patriots: Need a QB

Dolphins: Need a QB

Jets: Need a QB

Bills: MVP-caliber QB already on the roster, only a matter of time until he's extended long-term

Until one or more of those other three teams resolve their QB situation, the Bills will rightly be strongly favored to repeat as division champs.  We'll talk when somebody trades for Watson or something.  Until then . . .

4 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Just remember that other fans may have been saying the same exact thing about the Bills in 2018 after Allen's rookie year

True but Allen can throw a football farther than a 5 year old. I am not so sure about Tua.

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

They’re probably the biggest threat we’ll face in the AFC East, there’s no doubt about it. Josh Allen masks a lot of deficiencies on this Bills team.. I think if we build a more complete team around him, we should be fine. Give Allen a running game and a stout defense and we should win the division and be right back in the playoffs next year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

How does one change the title?   Maybe,,, Miami has a strong draft position to rebuild quickly