Calling it now - Dane Jackson will be our #2 CB next year and be a great player

JerseyBills

Dane was a stud when he played, we really could've used him in the playoffs. McD seems like a high school coach who only plays seniors, sticking with Norman who was bad all year aside from a couple plays over Dane who looked clearly better. No idea why he won't give young guys a shot, even after they prove they can play.

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

The title says it all. 

Norman and Wallace are both FA next year. 

I feel the coaches felt Dane needed this year to adjust to the NFL but they are extremely high on him and see him as our #2 for the foreseeable future. 

Just watched his limited plays and you can see that he definitely can play at this level and be a huge part of this secondary going forward. I feel he'll be a playmaker in the secondary. 

I'd love to re-sign Wallace, as depth,  if the price is right but I def think Dane takes over as the clear #2 and forms one of the best duos in the game,  along with Tre.  

Thoughts? 

So we have EJ Gaines on a minimal contract for the next 2 years, right?  He opted out this season, after missing 2019 with a core muscle injury.

That's 2 years of not playing a down of football. 

-do guys come back from that?

-he was signed I believe as quality depth, would we count on him behind Dane Jackson?

4 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I’m actually a big fan of Levi Wallace. He’ll give up short gains sometimes but seems to hold up pretty well overall for the most part. Not saying he doesn’t get beat but I think he is a decent starter. Hope we bring him back and add some competition.

It would help Wallace and Dean Jackson immensely if we actually built a dominant defense of line that didn’t require blitzing on every player to get pressure

• Like (+1) 1

Wallace should hopefully be brought back, but I do feel that they will give Dane a chance to start and be on the depth chart. Gaines is another guy they will give a chance on the depth chart. I also think they will sign another veteran reclamation project like Norman and another late round pick. Which would leave the Bills with Tre, T.Johnson, Wallace, Dane, EJ, vet project and a late round pick on the roster for 2021. Seems solid. 

17 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

He's certainly flashed. Beane wasn't in love with him in the draft and admitted that they took him because they needed a CB and he was next up. But they do seem to have a knack for acquiring secondary talent.

Beane as well stated that he picked BPA at positions of need for most of the draft, so nothing new with the “need” choice, it’s how the vast majority of draft picks are taken league wide annually.