Jump to content

1/24/21 AFC Championship Game Postgame Thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, RockyBalboa said:

Into double coverage!

Diggs got a few shots deep and the corner was glued to his back. 
 

Beasley did what he could underneath, but he’s not going to

pick up Diggs’ slack. 
 

Brown was mostly invisible again and this staff punted on using McKenzie all  three Playoff games.

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

 

Nobody is saying he is better, but be honest...it's not like Mahomes was out of this world tonight; he didn't have to be because it was like playing catch out there.  Very little pressure and everyone was simply wide open.  Henne would have put up a similar game based on this defensive game plan.

He had 325 yards, 71 of it came on a dump off to a wide open Hill who outran our entire defense.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We disguised an inability to run the football enough through 19 games to be entitled to play tonight. But we were exposed by KC.  Adding to this,  Chiefs were confusing Josh while blanketing everyone

1st....Congratulations to the Bills for their season......You have a great QB.....you'll be competing for YEARS.  I remember when Mahomes lost this same game in 2018....it sucked...but you'll be back

I’m heartbroken, as we all are. But if I told you before the preseason that never happened we would seriously compete in the AFC Championship Game I think most of us would have taken that as a good re

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Into single coverage...and the receiver decided to gift the ball to the defense with abysmal hands lol safety was nowhere near close enough to contest the catch 

It was double coverage and terrible throw!

  • Disagree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

 

Just stop... Mahomes had Kelce wide open all game and Hill was torching us.  
 

I’m not saying Allen is better right now, but it’s absurd that you pretend to not have watched the same game we all watched.  
 

Romo literally pointed out how no one was getting open for us multiple times throughout the game.  


Romo pointed out a lot 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Daboll did him no favors, but he sucked tonight. Hes not better. He’s no Mahomes dude.... and that’s ok. He’s damn good. 

I was at the game and thought allen actually played really well after some early jitters considering what he had to work with...maybe things look different on tv idk lol.   Mahomes being better overall sure ill concede that point to anybody.  Mahomes does nothing tonight under center for the bills...every receiver was locked up all night long and the offensive line was consistently getting steamrolled. You cannot even come close to comparing the two qbs vastly different situations this game.  Honestly thank goodness mahomes started Chad henne wouldve lit us up tonight 

5 minutes ago, RockyBalboa said:

It was double coverage and terrible throw!

What game were you watching lol ball hit brown's hands and deflected upward and the safety coming in to assist on the tackle that wasn't quite there yet had the ball land in his lap...it was an on the money throw to brown and then brown made an on the money throw right to the chiefs 🤣

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I was at the game and thought allen actually played really well after some early jitters considering what he had to work with...maybe things look different on tv idk lol.   Mahomes being better overall sure ill concede that point to anybody.  Mahomes does nothing tonight under center for the bills...every receiver was locked up all night long and the offensive line was consistently getting steamrolled. You cannot even come close to comparing the two qbs vastly different situations this game.  Honestly thank goodness mahomes started Chad henne wouldve lit us up tonight 

From the TV it just looked like every WR (especially on the outside - Brown and Diggs) were draped in coverage.

 

Only Beasley was able to get away from time to time.

 

Also, it looked like pressure was coming from both DEs and Allen couldn’t step up because Jones was right there as well pushing Morse back.

 

Is that what it looked like from higher up? 

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I was at the game and thought allen actually played really well after some early jitters considering what he had to work with...maybe things look different on tv idk lol.   Mahomes being better overall sure ill concede that point to anybody.  Mahomes does nothing tonight under center for the bills...every receiver was locked up all night long and the offensive line was consistently getting steamrolled. You cannot even come close to comparing the two qbs vastly different situations this game.  Honestly thank goodness mahomes started Chad henne wouldve lit us up tonight 

And again, not much pre snap movement, or McKenzie, or wide formations. We ran a lot of Colts formations with tight trips and less spacing. 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I was at the game and thought allen actually played really well after some early jitters considering what he had to work with...maybe things look different on tv idk lol.   Mahomes being better overall sure ill concede that point to anybody.  Mahomes does nothing tonight under center for the bills...every receiver was locked up all night long and the offensive line was consistently getting steamrolled. You cannot even come close to comparing the two qbs vastly different situations this game.  Honestly thank goodness mahomes started Chad henne wouldve lit us up tonight 

What game were you watching lol ball hit brown's hands and deflected upward and the safety coming in to assist on the tackle that wasn't quite there yet had the ball land in his lap...it was an on the money throw to brown and then brown made an on the money throw right to the chiefs 🤣

Same one as you! Double coverage, too many around to be forcing that throw!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RockyBalboa said:

It was double coverage and terrible throw!

Knox did drop the ball one play before as well. He doesn’t come through enough despite having enough athleticism. 
 

Its instincts. Maybe not being counted on as a main threat in college. He’s just an athlete it seems, not a heady dependable player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

From the TV it just looked like every WR (especially on the outside - Brown and Diggs) were draped in coverage.

 

Only Beasley was able to get away from time to time.

 

Also, it looked like pressure was coming from both DEs and Allen couldn’t step up because Jones was right there as well pushing Morse back.

 

Is that what it looked like from higher up? 

 

When I watched live (like all of us), they just showed Allen in the pocket, and it's easy to have a gut reaction of "just get rid of it!" and all that. But then they showed the replay from a different angle, and you could see what Allen was seeing - it was a real eye opener.   Every time they did that, guys were just blanketed.  No one was getting free.

 

I'm still a little floored by how that part of the game played out. We haven't had many games like that - and I've seen Chiefs games where they didn't seem to cover quite at that level.  Just one of those nights.

 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RockyBalboa said:

Same one as you! Double coverage, too many around to be forcing that throw!

That was probably pretty close to the most separation our receivers had in man coverage all night lol if you're faulting Allen for making that well thrown pass bevause there was a defender close we wouldve had about 30 yards of offense all night 🤣 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Game ball to Cole Beasley!! #15 was useless. #13 clearly wasn't healthy. 


I thought Stills was going to be active?  Did he play.?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RockyBalboa said:

Same one as you! Double coverage, too many around to be forcing that throw!


Maybe someone besides Beasley could get open... otherwise, Allen forcing throws was necessary, especially with Jones and Clark bearing down on him with minor resistance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That was probably pretty close to the most separation our receivers had in man coverage all night lol if you're faulting Allen for making that well thrown pass bevause there was a defender close we wouldve had about 30 yards of offense all night 🤣 

Mahomes doesn't throw that pass or pick in the clutch time baby! Enough said!

  • Eyeroll 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

From the TV it just looked like every WR (especially on the outside - Brown and Diggs) were draped in coverage.

 

Only Beasley was able to get away from time to time.

 

Also, it looked like pressure was coming from both DEs and Allen couldn’t step up because Jones was right there as well pushing Morse back.

 

Is that what it looked like from higher up? 

And again, not much pre snap movement, or McKenzie, or wide formations. We ran a lot of Colts formations with tight trips and less spacing. 

Thats exactly what it looked like...it was far from just brown and diggs too they took the entire passing game away with press man I did not think they had the personnel for that...that is scary if they can cover that well on a consistent basis i just dont see how they'll ever lose 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Success said:

 

When I watched live (like all of us), they just showed Allen in the pocket, and it's easy to have a gut reaction of "just get rid of it!" and all that. But then they showed the replay from a different angle, and you could see what Allen was seeing - it was a real eye opener.   Every time they did that, guys were just blanketed.  No one was getting free.

 

I'm still a little floored by how that part of the game played out. We haven't had many games like that - and I've seen Chiefs games where they didn't seem to cover quite at that level.  Just one of those nights.

 

Only thing I could point out on Allen.

 

There was a fixed throw to Brown or Diggs outside the numbers when Yeldon was wide open for a 15 yard dump off.

 

I think I saw a similar Beasley open play, as you said, from the other side of the coin vantage point.

 

And Allen’s escape instincts always take him right and I wonder what defenses do to force that even more. Tonight they didn’t get any toe tap

miracles. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RockyBalboa said:

Mahomes doesn't throw that pass or pick in the clutch time baby! Enough said!

Haha mahomes has not thrown a pick on a well thrown ball because its bounced off his receivers hands in his entire career? I'll have to research this 🤣 youre beating up allen for honestly a great throw its so odd to me.  A wide open receiver could just as easily tip a ball up in the air and get it picked.  The defender that actually made the interception was trailing the play.  So you're just never gonna pass because every ball can be picked off at any time? And im supposing you're never gonna run cuz you can fumble the snap lol might as well punt on first down 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RockyBalboa said:

Mahomes doesn't throw that pass or pick in the clutch time baby! Enough said!

That was deep in the game, and the story was already being played out. 
 

That didn’t “set the tone” for the game

or anything like that. The Bills were down multiple scores and Allen was in a scramble drill. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Only thing I could point out on Allen.

 

There was a fixed throw to Brown or Diggs outside the numbers when Yeldon was wide open for a 15 yard dump off.

 

I think I saw a similar Beasley open play, as you said, from the side

of the coin.

 

And Allen’s escape instincts always take him right and I wonder what defenses do to force that even more. Tonight they didn’t get any toe tap

miracles. 

Allen made one preposterous play rolling right but it was more in the middle of the field.  Chiefs got him on a really nice corner blitz from the side he was rolling too early on I think it was right but im not 100% sure...much like we were doing against lamar.  Yea I noticed one where he had beasley and he went for a deep corner route instead thats the only play that stood out to me. Im sure josh was shocked that he was getting the single coverage looks he wanted and nobody could beat their man

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Haha mahomes has not thrown a pick on a well thrown ball because its bounced off his receivers hands in his entire career? I'll have to research this 🤣 youre beating up allen for honestly a great throw its so odd to me.  A wide open receiver could just as easily tip a ball up in the air and get it picked.  The defender that actually made the interception was trailing the play.  So you're just never gonna pass because every ball can be picked off at any time? And im supposing you're never gonna run cuz you can fumble the snap lol might as well punt on first down 

Mahomes wouldn't throw that pass or pick on that play in that situation! Allen choked in the clutch time! Enough said!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

That was deep in the game, and the story was already being played out. 
 

That didn’t “set the tone” for the game

or anything like that. The Bills were down multiple scores and Allen was in a scramble drill. 

It wasn't even a bad pass though haha thats the part thats confusing me.  Did I see it wrong did it not hit brown directly in both hands? Honestly if this guy is a chiefs fan and doesn't trust mahomes to make that throw then thats a negative for mahomes not a positive

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...