Jump to content

Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football


Recommended Posts

As long as we don't come out flat to start the game. I don't want our offense to be going "3 and out" very quickly with the first 3 drives.

 

And the Ravens can't score with their first 3 drives.

 

- No fumbles from us.

- No interceptions from us.

- No easy field positions for Ravens to be within the Red Zone.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone that says they are afraid of the Ravens, or that they are praying for us to have a chance, is getting banned. I already confirmed with @Chandler#81   You are fans of an 13-3 football

Hey y'all,   Ravens fan checking in. I've spent every couple minutes I get between meetings catching up on this thread (while I was waiting for my account to be approved - thanks!) and I'm s

We need to be aggressive early and put the Ravens in a hole. I don't care if the Ravens are practically begging us to run the ball. Pass it anyways. Force Lamar Jackson to throw the ball playing catch

Posted Images

Picking the Ravens is completely reasonable. There are perfectly valid reasons to give them the edge. Anyone who's mad about someone picking the Ravens is just kind of uncool. You pick the team you think will win the game, not the team you WANT to win. Picks shouldn't be influenced by which team you're a fan of.

 

All you overconfident and "I don't get it" folks have me very worried that a massive attitude correction is going to slap you across the face in 14 hours. If it happens, I'll try very hard not to name names and say I told you so, but you know who you are. Stop messing with our karma!

 

Go Bills.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Picking the Ravens is completely reasonable. There are perfectly valid reasons to give them the edge. Anyone who's mad about someone picking the Ravens is just kind of uncool. You pick the team you think will win the game, not the team you WANT to win. Picks shouldn't be influenced by which team you're a fan of.

 

All you overconfident and "I don't get it" folks have me very worried that a massive attitude correction is going to slap you across the face in 14 hours. If it happens, I'll try very hard not to name names and say I told you so, but you know who you are. Stop messing with our karma!

 

Go Bills.

 

People here were slapping me for it. We still have a lot to prove. That's why we take the field.

 

One of the official mottos this year is "Humble and Hungry."

 

Tons of people are forgetting the "humble" part. Now, let's go out and try to win this thing.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are you two seeing all these over-confident fans?

 

Half of this thread is gnashing of teeth over possible snow, wind, Ravens corners, Ravens blitzing, Lamar Jackson, Baltimore’s run game etc etc etc 

 

Im not over confident.  I’m simply hopeful our defense steps up from their poor performance against Indy.  I’m hopeful Josh Allen and the pass offense are up to the challenge against what the Ravens will bring.  

If those things happen, we win.  If one or the other happen, it’s a close game.  If neither happens, we probably lose. 
 

The Titans have a bad defense and held their own against this Ravens Offense.   They lost because the Ravens shut down their run game and the Titans pass offense could not pick up the slack when they had to rely on Tannehill.   That was the story of that game... and before that, Baltimore was annihilating the dregs on the NFL down the stretch.  
 

Josh Allen will have to be the best player on the field tonight.  We’re getting to a point where week in/week out, he is.  And if your QB is the best player on the field, and sometimes by a large margin, you have a good chance at winning any game.  
 

Seems weird that you’d have to resist saying “I told you so” to other Bills fans if we lose.  I’d hope they won’t call you out if we win. 
 

 

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

As long as we don't come out flat to start the game. I don't want our offense to be going "3 and out" very quickly with the first 3 drives.

 

And the Ravens can't score with their first 3 drives.

 

- No fumbles from us.

- No interceptions from us.

- No easy field positions for Ravens to be within the Red Zone.

 

 

 

yes, yes, and yes, yes, yes

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Yeldon is not a good runner 


He’s only in the top .0001% in his field and gets paid 1.9 million dollars to run. 
 

Story checks out.   

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Where are you two seeing all these over-confident fans?

 

Seems weird that you’d have to resist saying “I told you so” to other Bills fans if we lose.  I’d hope they won’t call you out if we win. 
 

 

Again, not going to call anyone out, but I have five posters in mind right off the top of my head. They've been all over the board putting the Ravens down and saying we shouldn't be worried about them for weeks, going back to before the playoffs.

 

And Twitter. Yikes.

 

No one would have to say they told me so, because I've never said we're going to lose this game. I just think it's a coin-flip game that could go either way and we absolutely should recognize the Ravens as a formidable opponent. That is not the reverse of being overconfident and saying we're obviously better than them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Picking the Ravens is completely reasonable. There are perfectly valid reasons to give them the edge. Anyone who's mad about someone picking the Ravens is just kind of uncool. You pick the team you think will win the game, not the team you WANT to win. Picks shouldn't be influenced by which team you're a fan of.

 

All you overconfident and "I don't get it" folks have me very worried that a massive attitude correction is going to slap you across the face in 14 hours. If it happens, I'll try very hard not to name names and say I told you so, but you know who you are. Stop messing with our karma!

 

Go Bills.

 

I agree , but there are a few exceptions out there;

 

Pros and media are getting paid to offer takes, so if there are gaps in their logic, this should get brought up and is fair game.

 

Florio and Sims, espec Florio has ridiculous rational this week. Rodney Harrison basically laughed at him when he implied Bills spirits and psyche would be damaged after Colts game. He's cherry picked select stats to articulate his gut feeling.

 

Sims is just picking Ravens to not look like a JA homer. His analysis was fairly spotty as well.

 

Nick Wright; this guy is just a troll hot take guy who has found a vein of attention. 

 

Pete Schraeger; i didnt catch his take, but he was pretty affirmative we were the team to beat, now flops his vote. This year he's another guy in love with recency bias and "cold takes" that he switches / flops around on fair winds. He used to be the "writer" on the panel bringing everyone relevant data and research.....now he just kinda phones it in. 

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Again, not going to call anyone out, but I have five posters in mind right off the top of my head. They've been all over the board putting the Ravens down and saying we shouldn't be worried about them for weeks, going back to before the playoffs.

 

And Twitter. Yikes.

 

No one would have to say they told me so, because I've never said we're going to lose this game. I just think it's a coin-flip game that could go either way and we absolutely should recognize the Ravens as a formidable opponent. That is not the reverse of being overconfident and saying we're obviously better than them.


No issue with any of this.  I certainly underestimated the Colts.  Definitely not doing so with the Ravens. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

 

I agree , but there are a few exceptions out there;

 

Pros and media are getting paid to offer takes, so if there are gaps in their logic, this should get brought up and is fair game.

 

Florio and Sims, espec Florio has ridiculous rational this week. Rodney Harrison basically laughed at him when he implied Bills spirits and psyche would be damaged after Colts game. He's cherry picked select stats to articulate his gut feeling.

 

Sims is just picking Ravens to not look like a JA homer. His analysis was fairly spotty as well.

 

Nick Wright; this guy is just a troll hot take guy who has found a vein of attention. 

 

Pete Schraeger; i didnt catch his take, but he was pretty affirmative we were the team to beat, now flops his vote. This year he's another guy in love with recency bias and "cold takes" that he switches / flops around on fair winds. He used to be the "writer" on the panel bringing everyone relevant data and research.....now he just kinda phones it in. 

If we beat the Crows, they will pick KC to beat us. If we beat KC, it doesn't matter who comes out of the NFC, the talking heads in the media class will pick them over us. We just need to get used to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

If we beat the Crows, they will pick KC to beat us. If we beat KC, it doesn't matter who comes out of the NFC, the talking heads in the media class will pick them over us. We just need to get used to it.


I can’t shake the feeling that the Browns might take down KC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

If we beat the Crows, they will pick KC to beat us. If we beat KC, it doesn't matter who comes out of the NFC, the talking heads in the media class will pick them over us. We just need to get used to it.

We just have to realize that it doesn’t matter

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Putin said:

You know what amazes me is that all the talk is around Lamar Jackson and how electric of a runner he is , and not much talk AT ALL about Josh Allen who shuttered ALL Bills passing records and TD’s , 

I thought I heard somewhere something about this being a passing league AND Baltimore is 32nd in the league in passing, 

 

 

We've heard all week how the "Bills can't run the ball" and are "one dimensional" yet the Bills' rushing attack is better than the Ravens passing attack but nary a word is spoken about how one dimensional the Ravens are on offense. The Ravens are the most one dimensional team in the NFL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Magox said:

 

Josh Allen has by far the fastest measured throw out of any QB in the past 10 years.    Lamar has one of the weakest ones.

 

And I think they both have been working on their throwing for the last 3 years, so who knows by now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Bruschi actually roasted us pretty good. Showed how we did not have the athletes to contain...had nice gamefilm from Ravens and Cards game... Addison and Hughes getting toasted. LBs whiffing.

 

And yet we kept Murray to 61 rush yards (his average is 51) and last year Lamar to 40 (when his average was 80)

People were counting us out the first 6 games of the season because our defense was terrible, and yet, here we are.

 

I understand John Harbaugh planned to whinge at the NFL that our DL was holding their OL last season and that's how we did it.  I hope the NFL plans to look closely at any holding or DPI the Ravens may have been committing if so.

 

Just as a team doesn't usually play as well as their highlight reel makes it look, I think you can probably find film of guys wiffing on every team.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...