Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Again, not saying that Lamar can’t play well against us but we have shown that we can shut him down even if he is better than some of the rushing QBs we’ve faced this year.

Our defense was different last year, not just in terms of efficiency but also base personnel.  The concern is that our interior D line will not hold up like we did last year through the game.  Lamar ripped off his TD “scramble” against the Titans last week right up the middle. Our interior D line against the run will certainly be tested. Also, Baltimore’s O line this year is bigger (though less athletic) and is more focused on power running which typically bodes well against physically smaller D lines. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

im sick and tired of hearing about don martindale. i hope JA17 and Diggs shred his stupid defense

The amazing thing about Baltimore is it really doesn’t matter who their DC is. They have lost a bunch of them over the years and the new/next guy comes in and they don’t miss a beat. Amazingly consistent defense is played there. I suppose it helps when Ray Lewis was your ML for so many years.   Wink is just a guy.  If they replaced him tomorrow with “chad”, they’d be the same. 

4 minutes ago, Golden said:

Our defense was different last year, not just in terms of efficiency but also base personnel.  The concern is that our interior D line will not hold up like we did last year through the game.  Lamar ripped off his TD “scramble” against the Titans last week right up the middle. Our interior D line against the run will certainly be tested. Also, Baltimore’s O line this year is bigger (though less athletic) and is more focused on power running which typically bodes well against physically smaller D lines. 

I get what you’re saying. That’s why I said that I didn’t mean that Lamar can’t play well against us. I also realize that it’s a week to week league, let alone looking back at last year.

That said, we have come up with a game plan before to contain him. I know our defense is different but who’s to say that we can’t come up with another game plan to contain him again.

26 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

this is why we need 3 RB's activated. 

if the winds suppress our pass attack what is our plan b? Yeldon is not a good runner 

Yeldon will have the freshest legs on either team. 

29 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

this is why we need 3 RB's activated. 

if the winds suppress our pass attack what is our plan b? Yeldon is not a good runner 

We’re already going to have 3 activated. I don’t see us having 4 though. 

If the wind takes away our pass then we are done. No amount of RBs will matter.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

It’s supposed to be 13-16 mph winds throughout the game.  

That shouldn’t affect anything. 

I guess the snow scaries crowd have morphed into the wind worriers. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, wjag said:

The amazing thing about Baltimore is it really doesn’t matter who their DC is. They have lost a bunch of them over the years and the new/next guy comes in and they don’t miss a beat. Amazingly consistent defense is played there. I suppose it helps when Ray Lewis was your ML for so many years.   Wink is just a guy.  If they replaced him tomorrow with “chad”, they’d be the same. 

Well......I can tell you many Ravens fans were pleased to see Dean Pees vacate the Castle. But overall, I think you’re spot on. Defense is a culture in Baltimore. In 2000 the offense scored zero TD’s in five games. And still won a SB. 

But THAT was a defense that scared people. 

4 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Wind is a real. Josh mentions it. 
Snow Is fine and Josh mentions wet vs dry snow. Dry is nothing. 

Doomed without our dome 😮

Speaking of wind, has Bass had any games this year where wind was a factor with FG’s and PAT’s? 

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, with Allen, we really need a dome - we'll just win more.

That said, people think the wind will hurt the Bills more tomorrow, because of the Ravens running game. But it's not like the Ravens can abandon the pass.  And I trust Allen's arm to throw accurately in the win MUCH more than Jackson's arm.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Success said:

Honestly, with Allen, we really need a dome - we'll just win more.

That said, people think the wind will hurt the Bills more tomorrow, because of the Ravens running game. But it's not like the Ravens can abandon the pass.  And I trust Allen's arm to throw accurately in the win MUCH more than Jackson's arm.

IN THE WIN

that’s a Freudian slip I can live with!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

We’re already going to have 3 activated. I don’t see us having 4 though. 

If the wind takes away our pass then we are done. No amount of RBs will matter.

Unless the weather takes away their run.  If the weather is so bad that we can’t pass, than they definitely won’t be able to pass, so we can sell out to stop the run. We stop the run and anything is possible.  

Edited by NewEra

18 hours ago, SCBills said:

Well said.  

Im not guaranteeing a victory, but we have an elite level QB, good OL and five playmaking WR’s.  If our Defense steps up in any way, we should win this game.  

Of course, some people still need to make known they’re scared as to provide themselves a defense mechanism resulting from the past few decades of pain.  

You know what amazes me is that all the talk is around Lamar Jackson and how electric of a runner he is , and not much talk AT ALL about Josh Allen who shuttered ALL Bills passing records and TD’s , 

I thought I heard somewhere something about this being a passing league AND Baltimore is 32nd in the league in passing, 

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Unless the weather takes away their run.  If the weather is so bad that we can’t pass, than they definitely won’t be able to pass, so we can sell out to stop the run. We stop the run and anything is possible.  

If both teams are selling out to stop the run I still like their ability to run the ball way more than ours. 

Doesn’t even sound like the wind will be a big factor though

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

If both teams are selling out to stop the run I still like their ability to run the ball way more than ours. 

Doesn’t even sound like the wind will be a big factor though

Maybe.  I still like our ability beat them on a couple big passes.  Might only take 1 or 2 big plays.  

Definitely hope that the weather doesn’t play a role in the game