Bills have banged up receivers now

wjag

The seeming strength of this team are all now sporting injuries. Diggs - oblique, McKenzie- ankle, Beasley - ankle?/knee and maybe even Brown with  some residual calf stuff strain. 

My guess is three will be on injury report this week. Beasley clearly was limping around with a brace and sporting some tape on his ankle. 

This bears watching all week.  I doubt receivers are going to catch much practice time this week. 

• Like (+1) 1

My biggest concern is if Daboll's brain is injured... Running the ball when the strength is the pass. When the Bills passed the ball they had no problems, the second they tried to run the whole drive fell apart... And he tried to do it many times.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

My biggest concern is if Daboll's brain is injured... Running the ball when the strength is the pass. When the Bills passed the ball they had no problems, the second they tried to run the whole drive fell apart... And he tried to do it many times.

I assumed all the runs were designed to (a) slow down the pass rush and (b) loosen up the zones a bit.  The fact that they genuinely struggled to get a yard (one exception was 26 run) was eye opening.  

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I agree, I recall one series where he ran the ball 3 times and punted. I was losing my mind. He’s got to do better. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Our RBs had 10 carries the entire game......  That is not running the ball too much.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, wjag said:

I assumed all the runs were designed to (a) slow down the pass rush and (b) loosen up the zones a bit.  The fact that they genuinely struggled to get a yard (one exception was 26 run) was eye opening.  

It wasn't eye opening b.c this has been who the Bills are. They cannot run, they have been slowing down pass rushes with quick passes but Daboll forgot that yesterday and it almost cost this team the game.

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

Our RBs had 10 carries the entire game......  That is not running the ball too much.

That includes Josh? 21 rushing attempts for a team that doesn't rush... Next time pass the ball b.c it actually works.

Edited by TBBills

Just now, TBBills said:

It wasn't eye opening b.c this has been who the Bills are. They cannot run, they have been slowing down pass rushes with quick passes but Daboll forgot that yesterday and it almost cost this team the game.

To me it was.  We’ve seen all season them get 7-8 yards on first down and run on subsequent downs to pick up the first. Yesterday was tough sledding for Moss. 

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

That includes Josh? 21 rushing attempts for a team that doesn't rush... Next time pass the ball b.c it actually works.

Josh was averaging close to 5 yards a run and not all his runs are considered called runs.  A lot are RPOs were josh makes the call, not Daboll.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Yup.

John Brown has become the biggest liability on the offense.

They're better off with John Brown not playing.

Categorically don’t agree. The week before he had a beautiful route beater and TD.  How is that a liability? 

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, wjag said:

The seeming strength of this team are all now sporting injuries. Diggs - oblique, McKenzie- ankle, Beasley - ankle?/knee and maybe even Brown with  some residual calf stuff strain. 

My guess is three will be on injury report this week. Beasley clearly was limping around with a brace and sporting some tape on his ankle. 

This bears watching all week.  I doubt receivers are going to catch much practice time this week. 

I think this is the untold story of the game. I believe all our wide receivers, save Davis, played less (maybe far less) than 100% today and Daboll's game planning and play calling was about managing the situation.

- With MacKenzie and Beasley, it their limitations were clear.

- With Diggs, while he had a great game, he was not working the underneath routes in high traffic areas where he has been so dominant. I think he was being protected.

If this is correct, it makes today's win very impressive.

Heal fast and go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The WRs, if banged up, should do nada more than rehab & walk through. They can catch! No further practice is needed.

Brown does need to be replaced with a younger, larger version. Hey, make the Super Bowl and win it and all kinds of FAs will be knocking on the door to play in Buffalo in September!