Any Hypothetical Chance Bill Belichick leaves the Patriots for another team.

Chaos

For sure.  Belichick has football in his veins.  I can't picture a guy like him leaving the game unless he is forced to.

I do not believe he willingly leaves the patriots though, at least at this time.

I can picture kraft though, if next season doesn't go well and fans and media are dragging belichick over the coals, he can buy in and make a change

I think belichick could be in high demand.  I have always pictured him coming home to the giants.  Imo a new change in scenery would probably do him good.

First, I don’t see it.  He and Kraft are tight.  Consider he will be 69 in April and Pete Carroll turns 70 this summer.  George Halas retired at 72 (318 carrier wins), Don Shula at 75 (328 Carter wins and holds the record)

BB is known as a football historian and my bet is he is chasing Shula’s record.  BB has 280, so can he hold on as he would have to coach into his early to late 70’s.  Kraft will be patient, be he grow weary of it in two to three years unless Belichick gets the Pats back on track which is a tall order.

He may get pushed by Kraft to take say the President of operations, or the GM role (I know his drafting hasn’t been the best the last 5 years), but he integrally involved in these reponsibilities now.  Kraft could want to elevate Josh McDaniels in two to three years.

Next year will determine if this was a fluke or the Lats trajectory doesn’t look good going forward.

I just know if he has the appetite to rebuild a team, as HC vacancies are usually teams with problems with some exceptions.

15 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I could care less, everyone knows that he is just a good HC without Brady. He will keep losing without Brady and his status as a elite HC will drop like the Titanic.

Same, and now everyone has now seen he isn't really that great without Brady. Meanwhile Brady's new team made the playoffs.

What about all that interest in Pats OC Josh McDaniel's who has had several chances to be a NFL HC again in years past. Yet now after Cam Newtons failed season NOBODY is thinking of hiring him. 

It would not be surprising to me to see Belichick retire soon and suddenly Robert Kraft doesn't want McDaniel's as his next HC. I'd think at this point, I can see Kraft offer that HCing job to Brian Daboll. Yet, Dabs would be a fool to take that job with that offensive roster.

15 hours ago, freddyjj said:

I can't imagine that monotone, sedative laden voice or his disheveled appearance working on broadcasts.

You know, I actually find Belechick fairly entertaining. If circumstances were different, I might actually like him.  Whenever I see him doing any sort of "talking head" commentary on NFL productions, I think he is great.  He has a great love of the game, is knowledgable about X's and O's, and loves the history of the game.  Like him, I suppose, I find sports media/journalism to be fairly absurd...I think his reactions are pretty funny.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

You know, I actually find Belechick fairly entertaining. If circumstances were different, I might actually like him.  Whenever I see him doing any sort of "talking head" commentary on NFL productions, I think he is great.  He has a great love of the game, is knowledgable about X's and O's, and loves the history of the game.  Like him, I suppose, I find sports media/journalism to be fairly absurd...I think his reactions are pretty funny.

I agree with this... although at times he does come across as childish and petty.

I have a deal of admiration for Belichick.  As far as the football history books, he is our generation's Halas/Paul Brown/Shula.  I really like how much reverence he holds to the history of the league.

I actually do not like that little troll Bob Kraft though.  I would love to see a split and for Belichick to have some late success with some NFC team and watch Kraft waddle around to a nice playoff drought firing coaches every 2 years.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Broadcast??? Are you kidding? I wouldn't want to listen to this pos if gold fell from his mouth... could you imagine his dry annoyed tone as a commentator? Noooooooo thanksssssss

They all change when they get to the booth. I too would change the channel right quick. 

21 hours ago, Chaos said:

I would never have guessed Tom Brady would retire as other than a Patriot. Same for Belichek. 

But maybe nice weather in San Diego and Justin Hebert or Houston and Deshaun Watson or Jacksonville and Trevor Lawrence are more appealing to someone Bill's age, than rebuilding from scratch in the cold of NE. 

Well if the Bills have some coaches leave due to promotions on other teams, maybe we can bring him in to coach our DB's?