Fins Heaven is a hilarious read if you have the time

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Except drunken idiots who go out of their way at the neighborhood watering hole to harass someone not from the neighborhood or does not share DNA with them.  Not a problem I have ever had but I have known many cops who have told me about it.  There are plenty of places that a NYS trooper will not go without back up around WNY.  

there are drunkenassholes everywhere its not just a WNY thing.  

It's a drunkenasshole thing 

12 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I don't get the debate here at all.  Anybody that has ever attended a NFL game knows that there are people from all over the spectrum in terms of behavior.  The first priority whether a person likes it or not is to be preventative in terms of potential conflict.  

Here's my opinion.

Every adult should act like a responsible adult.  But they don't, you have to deal with it especially in this type of setting.  

So heckling that boy was wrong, I agree.  But this happened a while back and you're an adult now....he's labeling and entire fan base based on a few idiots.

Get over it, he makes it sound traumatic.  

1 hour ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

See, I think McD has a streak of ruthless calculation in him folks overlook.  He sent the sent the 2nd best team into the division plummeting into the offseason, questioning their QB and wondering why their defence can hold up against everyone except their division archrival.  Did he mean too?  Well there's no proof, but literally nothing associated with that game benefits Miami in the short or long term... 

McDermott is a big fan of an author named Mark Batterson.   He is one of my favorites as well.   His books talk a lot about this type of thing exactly.   Calculated risks that are a part of a larger goal.   I am currently reading his book "All In" and its literally McDermott to a tee.   In fact the term Humble and Hungry comes straight from that book.

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

You are sure some thin skinned fans on that site of yours.....I was banned for one post.  ONE POST!  You are here after 5 and will be here for quite a few more.....think about THAT.

Hey, hang on. Not a site of mine. I'm a Bills fan . I just said when we kicked it into gear with our backups, my first instinct was not to feel comfortable with it. But I also get why they should have.   

And the Fins site was hysterical for all the complaining.

• Like (+1) 2

Most of those Dolphin fans weren't around for the 1970's decade of Miami domination over Buffalo in which the Bills didn't win one game.

Don Shula owned Buffalo...much like the way Belichick has owned the Bills the last two decades. Marv Levy turned that Miami dominance around and it looks like McD is doing the same thing to the cheater. 

There was a lot of built up frustration from Bills fans over that decade of the 70's, and now the 2000's. 

I h8 the fish and am happy for every beatdown of Miami...same with the Patsies. The Jets are the clowns of the division and have been.

30 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I think perhaps Philly is the worst. I've worn my colors everywhere and the only place where they pee on fellow fans from the upper decks...

Oh, forgot about Cleveland 89 playoff game in which a Bills fan mysteriously fell to his death from an upper level while leaving that WC game. Who knows? 

Edited by Nihilarian
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Simon said:

Probably somewhere around "assaulting children".

I don't even want to know where yours is.

LOL

I never said the actions weren't right but my god, he wasn't getting shanked at an Oakland Raider game.  The kid was a teenager lol.  

"May his virgin eyes never deal with adversity again....Amen and Awoman" 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Everyone one thinks their struggling QB will break out like Josh Allen

truth and i hate it.... even the broncos compare lock to allen at least allen is the bar but now everyone thinks that bc allen did it their guy can to lol

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL

I never said the actions weren't right but my god, he wasn't getting shanked at an Oakland Raider game.  The kid was a teenager lol.  

"May his virgin eyes never deal with adversity again....Amen and Awoman" 

Plus, his story is most likely false and made up for message board clout.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Here's my opinion.

Every adult should act like a responsible adult.  But they don't, you have to deal with it especially in this type of setting.  

So heckling that boy was wrong, I agree.  But this happened a while back and you're an adult now....he's labeling and entire fan base based on a few idiots.

the thing with that story is that we've all heard it...multiple times...involving different people.  i'm certainly not saying that it never happened at that stadium.  we've all seen enough idiots there to know it could be true.  but with how many times and ways i've heard it, you would think there was a generation of football fans traumatized to go to games because they had beer dumped on them at bills stadium.

on top of that, i really don't think bystanders would let that go.  imagine watching a grown man dump a beer on a kid?  i think that would get a similar reaction to watching someone hit a woman.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Here's my opinion.

I don't even wear any Bills gear inside our stadium unless it is a cap.  Shirts and coats can get ruined by people who have no ill will towards me. People get excited over scores and big plays and spilt beer is a part of that there.  No use getting into an altercation over it.   I don't look at it as some devine right that all should bow to me because I wore a Bills jersey in.  Even my wife gets that and also wears plain clothing while there.  I used to laugh about a buddy that had a high maintenance girlfriend who wanted to wear expensive outfits there.  He got through to her quick that she could anticipate stuff being spilt on her and unwanted sexual harassment as well if she did.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Yeah, I get that but I can't comment about what happens outside of my area where I live.  But I can tell you about bars you don't even want to stop at if your car is broke down and your cell phone is dead.  But given what has gone on in the bar business over the last 10 to 15 years I would bet a lot of them have closed permanently.  

Edited by RochesterRob

3 minutes ago, teef said:

the thing with that story is that we've all heard it...multiple times...involving different people.  i'm certainly not saying that it never happened at that stadium.  we've all seen enough idiots there to know it could be true.  but with how many times and ways i've heard it, you would think there was a generation of football fans traumatized to go to games because they had beer dumped on them at bills stadium.

on top of that, i really don't think bystanders would let that go.  imagine watching a grown man dump a beer on a kid?  i think that would get a similar reaction to watching someone hit a woman.

When I was 12 at my first Bills game, I walk in the men's bathroom and I see 5 ***** facing me.  These drunks were pissing in the sink.  I think mine was more traumatic, especially since they all had bigger ones than me.

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, FastFreddy22 said:

truth and i hate it.... even the broncos compare lock to allen at least allen is the bar but now everyone thinks that bc allen did it their guy can to lol

John Elway never gets it wrong with QBs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When I was 12 at my first Bills game, I walk in the men's bathroom and I see 5 ***** facing me.  These drunks were pissing in the sink.  I think mine was more traumatic, especially since they all had bigger ones than me.

this...explains some things.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Most of those Dolphin fans weren't around for the 1970's decade of Miami domination over Buffalo in which the Bills didn't win one game.

Don Shula owned Buffalo...much like the way Belichick has owned the Bills the last two decades. Marv Levy turned that Miami dominance around and it looks like McD is doing the same thing to the cheater. 

There was a lot of built up frustration from Bills fans over that decade of the 70's, and now the 2000's. 

I h8 the fish and am happy for every beatdown of Miami...same with the Patsies. The Jets are the clowns of the division and have been.

I think perhaps Philly is the worst. I've worn my colors everywhere and the only place where they pee on fellow fans from the upper decks...

Dolphin fans could be terrible back in the 1980's.  One of the coolest guys I knew in college was a Jets fan.  I could talk football with him instead of fan talk.

41 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Our "nose tackle" back then Jeff Wright  was  274 pounds, can you imagine a starting NFL NT on a super Bowl teams today weighing 274 pounds?  I looked at the '92 roster, only 4 guys over 300?.

Not a Smerlas guy but we should have kept him for 1990 regardless of his big mouth.  He would have held his position versus being pushed around in our first SB.  Levy just lacked the vision to realize that he needed a few enforcers on the coaching staff as well as the roster.  Oh well. Water under the bridge at this point in time.

• Like (+1) 1