Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I wonder if Reich had them practice outdoors this week?  If not, it will be a change of pace that will take some time to adjust.

If they do need to adjust, it could be a nice advantage for us.

I could be mistaken but I thought I heard that the colts did two walk-throughs this week instead of one.

Just to confirm, did anyone else hear this too?

9 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Oh my.... damn you're still a baby (figure of speech), but I can certainly understand that's likely why you feel this way. In any event, a lot of us are feeling this way also. I mean I was born in 79 and started watching the Bills hardcore in 87. Lol damn, almost 10 years before you were born. I'm feeling old now.

All you young 'uns Get Off My Lawn!

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

All you young 'uns Get Off My Lawn!

Lol, I assume this means I'm a young buck in your eyes. Lol I definitely don't feel that way. So many problems with my hips and knees I feel like I'm 69 bout to be 70. Just guessing though I don't think your but too much older than me. I'm 41 going on 42.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

3 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

If they do need to adjust, it could be a nice advantage for us.

I could be mistaken but I thought I heard that the colts did two walk-throughs this week instead of one.

Just to confirm, did anyone else hear this too?

Yes, Reich said that they did 2 walk-thrus and only one practice this week, though they did extend the practice time.  Said he felt it was right because with the short week they can cover a lot more plays with a walk-thru and also that the players needed the extra rest.

He said he always feels confident but some weeks he feels super-confident.  Then he got cute and said "I'm not saying which way I feel this week" but he rather implied he felt super confident.

His DC Eberflaus also came across as "Josh Allen no big deal, we played Deshawn Watson twice"

5 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Lol, I assume this means I'm a young buck in your eyes. Lol I definitely don't feel that way. So many problems with my hips and knees I feel like I'm 69 bout to be 70. Just guessing though I don't think your but too much older than me. I'm 42 going on 43.

You Spring Chicken you.  I'd love to be 43 again.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

So Diggs and Beas both questionable right?  And today is a walk-thru?

Correct.  My personal take: Diggs will play.  He's in pain but functional and can/will use pain management. 

Beasley probably intends to play but really shouldn't and physically probably can't do a lot of the explosive things that make him great, and the coaches are going to have to make a difficult decision whether a hindered Beasley is better than their alternatives.  I think McKenzie made a strong case for being able to hold down the #3 as long as Diggs and Brown can go and Davis is plainly feeling feisty.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, Reich said that they did 2 walk-thrus and only one practice this week, though they did extend the practice time.  Said he felt it was right because with the short week they can cover a lot more plays with a walk-thru and also that the players needed the extra rest.

He said he always feels confident but some weeks he feels super-confident.  Then he got cute and said "I'm not saying which way I feel this week" but he rather implied he felt super confident.

His DC Eberflaus also came across as "Josh Allen no big deal, we played Deshawn Watson twice"

Thanks for confirming, Hap.

What’s your take on doing the two walk-throughs? Do you think that was a smart move? Or, do you think that’s an advantage for us?

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You Spring Chicken you.

Correct.  My personal take: Diggs will play.  He's in pain but functional and can/will use pain management. 

Beasley probably intends to play but really shouldn't and physically probably can't do a lot of the explosive things that make him great, and the coaches are going to have to make a difficult decision whether a hindered Beasley is better than their alternatives.  I think McKenzie made a strong case for being able to hold down the #3 as long as Diggs and Brown can go and Davis is plainly feeling feisty.

lol, ahhh, I see. You must be one of those that doesn't want to tell your age. No problem I get it lol. Wish I was a spring chicken, just happen to be one of those that had health problems that started at an early age. Anyway, it's nice to hear that you think I'm still young lol

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You Spring Chicken you.  I'd love to be 43 again.

Stills is also an option.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You Spring Chicken you.

Absolutely Diggs will play. No doubt. I was never concerned that he wouldn't play myself. Beasley either, personally I would be shocked if Beasley doesn't play tomorrow.

The thought of Diggs never crossed my mind, not once. Hope they all stay healthy throughout the game

3 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Stills is also an option.

Stills will remain on the PS. At least for tomorrow imo anyways. I think he is there for insurance and a just in case we lose a WR during this playoff run(yes, I feel the Bills will go deep). I think the team also expects to be playing the next few weeks.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

I expect the Colts to choose getting the ball first if they win the coin toss.  That would be logical given the Bills strength on offense.

Not that it's up to me, but I can't decide if it's a good idea to defer or not if the Bills win the toss.  Normally, I like it when we defer. It's always nice as the 1st half winds down - no matter how it's gone - to know we start the 2nd w/ the ball.

But in this case, I'm having some nightmares about that running game chewing up a huge part of the 1st quarter if the Colts start w/ the ball, and the Bills don't have a chance to put them in any kind of catch-up mode.

Any thoughts?  Probably doesn't matter too much, I guess.  But my mind is like a hamster wheel right now.

5 hours ago, bills6969 said:

I’m becoming increasingly worried for this game for the following reasons:

1) Phil Rivers is 17 year veteran,  he’s been here before,  won’t be phased by the moment. He’ll have that offense prepared for whatever we throw at them.

2) All the pressure is on us to win,  how will we handle it?  We know JA is a stud, but how will he handle the pressure of this game if things get tight?  Going back to last years debacle in the playoffs,  we were crushing Houston then Houston woke up and got things going and we folded like a cheap suit.   It’s been a awhile since this team has faced any adversity.  If we struggle early or get behind will the team play tight?

Fair analysis.

Let me emphasize that this team is a year older and wiser. Also, this is NOT the same team that was in the playoffs last year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

I expect the Colts to choose getting the ball first if they win the coin toss.  That would be logical given the Bills strength on offense.

Not that it's up to me, but I can't decide if it's a good idea to defer or not if the Bills win the toss.  Normally, I like it when we defer. It's always nice as the 1st half winds down - no matter how it's gone - to know we start the 2nd w/ the ball.

But in this case, I'm having some nightmares about that running game chewing up a huge part of the 1st quarter if the Colts start w/ the ball, and the Bills don't have a chance to put them in any kind of catch-up mode.

Any thoughts?  Probably doesn't matter too much, I guess.  But my mind is like a hamster wheel right now.

The Bills inability to stop the run is a myth.  Since week 9 they are like 7th in the league and Derrick Henry had his worst game against the Bills.

They will reasonably contain Taylor.

Edited by BillsfaninSB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan619 said:

Thanks for confirming, Hap.

What’s your take on doing the two walk-throughs? Do you think that was a smart move? Or, do you think that’s an advantage for us?

At this stage of the season with a vet team I think it's a push, I think.  On the one hand, less wear-and-tear.  On the other hand, it's one thing to recognize and react to a pattern on a walk-through, it's another to do it at speed.

It's fairly standard for teams on a short week I think.  

Bangedup Bills has his injury assessment up:

https://bangedupbills.com/

About Beasley:

There is no video present of running, jumping, or cutting at full speed to indicate how he will perform. While he doesn’t need the practice, it is concerning whether he was available for the offensive game plan installation. I simply don’t know if he plays. On one hand, it’s the playoffs, if you don’t win, you’re done. But does the team want to risk aggravating his injury and losing him for the remainder of the postseason?

If Beasley does play, I would expect he has difficulty running his routes to the right and having to cut on a dime to that direction having to push off the left knee. I would also expect him to have difficulty with jumping and getting yards after the catch to move the chains. In addition, he would be going up against one of the best slot corners in the NFL in Kenny Moore. Going up against a healthy slot corner with Beasley not being 100% makes me question whether it’s worth getting him out there. Can he tough it out and play? Absolutely, but it doesn’t mean it may be the best option.

About the Colts, people are speaking of their OL as a strength of the team, but is it? Emphasis mine.....

OUT: T Will Holden (Ankle) 

While Holden is the backup right tackle, the loss of him leaves the Colts very thin at the tackle position in general. They’ve already lost Anthony Constanzo to season-ending ankle surgery and lost his backup La’Raven Clark to a torn Achilles right after. 

They are down to their 3rd string tackle Chaz Green and anyone backing him up will be coming from the practice squad or playing out of position. The Pittsburgh Steelers managed to sack Phillip Rivers 5 times, who is dealing with an injury of his own, so he can be pressured. The Bills could potentially use part of that game plan for success. 

QUESTIONABLE: DT Deforest Buckner (Ankle)

He originally injured his ankle a few days before Christmas on the 17th, played through it, and has had some great games including a 3-sack performance days after the injury. He either had a high ankle from getting his heel hit or a bad inversion ankle sprain; either or it hasn’t stopped him.

The fact that he is that far out from the original injury and continues to play indicates that he will play Saturday and I would expect that he still gets his numbers.

• Like (+1) 2