Bills host WR Tanner Gentry for visit.

MAJBobby

1 minute ago, BodyBagGame said:

Maybe the Bills don't like guys that can catch the ball?

The only offensive players that have gotten serious playing time in the NFL that Josh played with at Wyoming are Hollister and vaguely Hill he's bounced on and off with the Falcons. Gentry is getting considered for a PS spot in week 17 and the Jets WR core still exists. If you want to say other MW teams said Allen was surrounded by NFL talent then maybe that was true comparatively to them. But nobody in the NFL described his situation like that, if there was NFL talent on his team it was mostly on the defense.

12 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

What goes on when a player comes in?

Would allen throw to a player like stills during the visit?

I ask because maybe they didnt have chemistry or maybe stills is looking for a long term or more money than the bills are willing to give

Or maybe its another practice squad player that knows Allen and this is a nothing burger

I would think Davis Webb would be the QB throwing.

Allen and Barkley need to remain away from anybody that could have a contact trace.

As the emergency covid QB they got Fromm almost locked in a bubble ;) 

6 hours ago, BodyBagGame said:

Didn't know you were an  I am a wanna be NFL talent scout.

Could you recommend I can't recommend a good quarterback and wide receiver for the Bears this year in the draft? Because I lack knowledge on all things.

Apparently they are laxking. (And spell check escapes me). 

Fixed.

Edited by Draconator
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Welp, my “worried about Beasley” light is blinking.

it wasn’t with Stills cause that made sense a month ago. Now it is.

Mine was blinking right after he went down, if it is an ankle strain like I think it is it will take 3 to 4 weeks to come back from and still linger.

13 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

One has to wonder if this visit has to do with something like Josh Allen’s voice in the organization pulling some weight. 

IE “Beane we need to bring in my old teammate for a look. He could add to us”. 

I just don't see Josh as a guy who would do that (use is "clout" to push for a specific player). That's just not who he is, at least in my opinion he's not "that kind of guy". That's more of a "Marcia" Brady or Troy Aikman move because they're a-holes. I would have to go with @buffaloboyinATL's take on this (see below)  and say it's more of Bean giving courtesy to Josh by looking at a former teammate that he has had chemistry with for a 'as seamless possible" transition in the game dealing with the loss of Beasley if it comes down to that.  

12 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I would assume this is a courtesy to Josh. He and Gentry had great chemistry in college. 

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

The only offensive players that have gotten serious playing time in the NFL that Josh played with at Wyoming are Hollister and vaguely Hill he's bounced on and off with the Falcons. Gentry is getting considered for a PS spot in week 17 and the Jets WR core still exists. If you want to say other MW teams said Allen was surrounded by NFL talent then maybe that was true comparatively to them. But nobody in the NFL described his situation like that, if there was NFL talent on his team it was mostly on the defense.

Except what you just said isn’t even factually correct.  Ever heard of Chase Roullier? You know that guy from Wyoming who delivered the ball to Allen at Wyoming and who has started basically every game that he has been healthy since he entered the league.  You know that guy who is about to be a free agent poised to receive a massive contract.  Guess you don’t consider offensive linemen part of the offense. 

5 hours ago, ColeB said:

If that’s the case, why didn’t they just draft him or sign him as an undrafted free agent?

Because his relationship with the front office and coaching staff is completely different now than it was 2-3 years ago. I would imagine they trust him much more now than they did then. Not to mention, team needs change...

4 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Except what you just said isn’t even factually correct.  Ever heard of Chase Roullier? You know that guy from Wyoming who delivered the ball to Allen at Wyoming and who has started basically every game that he has been healthy since he entered the league.  You know that guy who is about to be a free agent poised to receive a massive contract.  Guess you don’t consider offensive linemen part of the offense. 

That's fair I missed the one O-lineman he had that made it to the NFL.