Week 17: Dolphins at Bills - Squish the Fish playoff hopes and dreams

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean Gilliam ran those two guys over when Josh got his long running TD.

Oh, I 100% agree that his blocking has been a pleasant surprise. None more evident than plays like that. But, for the playoffs, where every possession matters, I’m taking the 4.2/4.3 guy to stretch the defense and be a threat to score on a flick of Josh Allen’s wrist. Gilliam is definitely a nice piece moving forward though. Reminds me a little of a young Charles Clay. A “do everything” sort of guy. 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He does have a 91 yd performance against SF and an 11 target, 88 yd performance against Cincy but overall, yeah, I see your point.

Don’t get me wrong— he is pretty good. When he plays against us, he is spectacular! Touchdowns, one-handed catches, the whole works! It’s nuts. 

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Parker will play and play well. He's a Bills killer for some reason.

Parker has averaged 59 yards in 10 games against the Bills, including one game (a loss) where he caught 135 yards.  Hardly a killer.

• Like (+1) 1

Has anyone heard an update on Duke Williams?

Just wondering if maybe he wasn't at practice because another team was sniffing around offering to sign him...

...though unclear how that works with 1 game left in the regular season.  Normally if you sign someone, they get to spend 3 weeks counted against your roster and get 3 weeks of NFL minimum pay, which is significant.

Though $8,400/week Practice Squad salary for 17 weeks is $142,800, which is pretty handsome money by ordinary-Joe standards.

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Has anyone heard an update on Duke Williams?

Just wondering if maybe he wasn't at practice because another team was sniffing around offering to sign him...

...though unclear how that works with 1 game left in the regular season.  Normally if you sign someone, they get to spend 3 weeks counted against your roster and get 3 weeks of NFL minimum pay, which is significant.

Though $8,400/week Practice Squad salary for 17 weeks is $142,800, which is pretty handsome money by ordinary-Joe standards.

My guess is his time is up.

27 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know seems like an odd time to dump a WR that at this point has to be well versed in your system especially in this Covid season.

Well they added some WRs to the PS and released some other players.  And if they add Stills, they'll need to do something with someone on the roster.  Meanwhile how many WRs do you need?

I thought I read Christian Wade is available for the Miami game.  Is it crazy to give him a few chances to run in the 2nd half assuming the game is in hand.  Personally, I would like to see what he has learned in the past 2 seasons.  He is no longer protected after this season I believe. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well they added some WRs to the PS and released some other players.  And if they add Stills, they'll need to do something with someone on the roster.  Meanwhile how many WRs do you need?

I don't think Jennings on the PS is even being considered as a viable playoff player call-up option.

If Stills is signed it's because they think he can help with a deep playoff run.

They got 6 WRs on the main roster (one being gimpy).  A total of 7 is not crazy.

I would imagine they use Yeldon's spot for Stills and worry who to cut after Yeldon is eligible to return.

They could cut Yeldon/Gilliam or someone like that and even see if they could go to the PS and be called up for games if needed.

3 minutes ago, DCBongo said:

I thought I read Christian Wade is available for the Miami game.  Is it crazy to give him a few chances to run in the 2nd half assuming the game is in hand.  Personally, I would like to see what he has learned in the past 2 seasons.  He is no longer protected after this season I believe. 

You're right. If we don't call him up I hope Beane is fired.

• Haha (+1) 4