Poll: Edmunds in 2021

BillsfaninSB

Edmunds in 2021  

81 members have voted

1. 1. If you were the GM what is your next move with Edmunds?

• Make a good faith effort to extend him?
    • Pick up 5th year only.
    • Let it ride and see how he does in year 4.
    • Try and trade him.

Similar to Shaq you should take the 5th year option. It’s not that costly and that extra cost controlled year can be huge. I still think it was a mistake to not take lawsons 5th year. I was fine letting him walk but I would of gladly kept him around one more year at that price. 

• Like (+1) 1

• BillsfaninSB changed the title to Poll: Edmunds in 2021

Absolutely agree with him being only 22! I see him taking bad angles and being too committed to his original attack. He needs to learn to make adjustments. He was also playing on a bad shoulder for half the season. Seems like a great character guy.

I  hope they draft his replacement and let him play out a lame duck season next year. His athleticism is wasted on his soft, bad instinct play.

35 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Similar to Shaq you should take the 5th year option. It’s not that costly and that extra cost controlled year can be huge. I still think it was a mistake to not take lawsons 5th year. I was fine letting him walk but I would of gladly kept him around one more year at that price. 

We declined Shaq's 5th year option. I agree though that we should treat them the same way. Let Edmunds play out year 4 and have someone else overpay him to a regrettable contract.