The Law and Order President Pardons All His Criminal Friends

31 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Pardons are always an issue, just depends on who ya voted for.  

These are particularly odious...60 of the 65 pardons the Trump has issued involve people directly involved with Trump and his criminal enterprise.  

I wonder when he sneaks the Ghislaine Maxwell pardon in...

14 minutes ago, Buftex said:

These are particularly odious...60 of the 65 pardons the Trump has issued involve people directly involved with Trump and his criminal enterprise.  

I wonder when he sneaks the Ghislaine Maxwell pardon in...

Compelling stuff Buf.  Edge of the seat observation.  I hadn't thought of a presidential pardon as political in any way/shape/form in the past.  This is the first time ever, and of course goes along with @transplantbillsfan and @Bob in Mich theory that no president has ever lied about anything ever.  It's pretty shocking. 

Of course you're right --all  the pardons that went before were those issued out of the goodness of presidential hearts to right wrongs and set the wrongly accused free.  

I am curious though--How would he "sneak" the Maxwell pardon in?  Are you suggesting that there are secret pardons beyond the 65 that cause you such olfactory distress? 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Compelling stuff Buf.  Edge of the seat observation.  I hadn't thought of a presidential pardon as political in any way/shape/form in the past.  This is the first time ever, and of course goes along with @transplantbillsfan and @Bob in Mich theory that no president has ever lied about anything ever.  It's pretty shocking. 

Of course you're right --all  the pardons that went before were those issued out of the goodness of presidential hearts to right wrongs and set the wrongly accused free.  

I am curious though--How would he "sneak" the Maxwell pardon in?  Are you suggesting that there are secret pardons beyond the 65 that cause you such olfactory distress? 

By "sneak", I meant that he will do it at a time when there is a minimal amount of media attention... I am sure, even the blindest of Trump supporters have caught on to his "weekend newsdump" practice, after four years.

As for the rest...bury your head in the sand.  No doubt, other presidents have pardoned people who's fortunes were intertwined with their own...but not to this extent. But no other president has been soaking in so much criminality.  

If you think this is what all presidents do, you are a hopeless Cult .45'er. It's Christmas.  Not worth the time to try to argue with you.

27 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It's bad when the Repubs do...the same stuff they do.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Buftex said:

By "sneak", I meant that he will do it at a time when there is a minimal amount of media attention... I am sure, even the blindest of Trump supporters have caught on to his "weekend newsdump" practice, after four years.

As for the rest...bury your head in the sand.  No doubt, other presidents have pardoned people who's fortunes were intertwined with their own...but not to this extent. But no other president has been soaking in so much criminality.  

If you think this is what all presidents do, you are a hopeless Cult .45'er. It's Christmas.  Not worth the time to try to argue with you.

I wasn’t arguing.  I was saying if you think presidents and parties don’t maximize use of pardons for personal political gain, you’re a fool. 

Thank you for the clarity, you went with the ...”not to this extent” argument that’s so fashionable for liberal voters these days.  Sound reasoning.  

Thanks for clarifying your point on ‘sneak’.  That’s most definitely a thing, done all the time.  

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's bad when the Repubs do...the same stuff they do.

Oh yeah, but only because of the “extent” rule.  

When Biden was accused of sexual assault by Tara Reade, I think the argument was that while he was alleged to have forcefully penetrated her with his fingers, it wasn’t to the “extent” that it mattered because as a non-Biden supported she was disposable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

When Biden was accused of sexual assault by Tara Reade, I think the argument was that while he was alleged to have forcefully penetrated her with his fingers, it wasn’t to the “extent” that it mattered because as a non-Biden supported she was disposable. 

Oh yeah this reminds me has Trump given his DNA in that rape lawsuit yet?

24 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Oh yeah this reminds me has Trump given his DNA in that rape lawsuit yet?

The one where the woman had to be convinced by her friend that she’d been raped?  And then later claimed that women fantasize about being raped and that it’s “sexy”?

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

The one where the woman had to be convinced by her friend that she’d been raped?  And then later claimed that women fantasize about being raped and that it’s “sexy”?

No the one where he attempted to use the Department of Justice as a shield.

7 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I wasn’t arguing.  I was saying if you think presidents and parties don’t maximize use of pardons for personal political gain, you’re a fool. 

Thank you for the clarity, you went with the ...”not to this extent” argument that’s so fashionable for liberal voters these days.  Sound reasoning.  

Thanks for clarifying your point on ‘sneak’.  That’s most definitely a thing, done all the time.  

A list of Obama's pardons.  I think a reasonable person can see that that most all of them did not involve people who were trying to facilitate crimes for the benefit of the president.

https://www.thoughtco.com/people-pardoned-by-president-barack-obama-3367599

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Buftex said:

A list of Obama's pardons.  I think a reasonable person can see that that most all of them did not involve people who were trying to facilitate crimes for the benefit of the president.

https://www.thoughtco.com/people-pardoned-by-president-barack-obama-3367599

The amazing part is that he didn’t pardon any of the folks targeted during the no-holds barred partisan 4 year investigation into every aspect of his personal and political life.  

oh, wait....

• Like (+1) 1