Week 17 maybe see Fromm???

ILBillsfan

1 hour ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Is this his punishment for his off the field comments that came to life in the spring 

No, it's because he's the worst QB on the roster.

The coaching staff that developed Josh Allen into a certified franchise QB doesnt want Fromm within 6 feet of the offense.

What does that tell you? This Fromm thing isn't happening.

1 hour ago, Perry Turtle said:

No, it's because he's the worst QB on the roster.

The coaching staff that developed Josh Allen into a certified franchise QB doesnt want Fromm within 6 feet of the offense.

What does that tell you? This Fromm thing isn't happening.

That Fromm is on the 53-man roster because the Bills didn't/don't want to risk cutting him to try to get him on the PS tells me everything.

2 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Is this his punishment for his off the field comments that came to life in the spring 

I think it’s because He is a third string QB.

But just so I’m clear, is there anyone here who wouldn’t be ok with watching pro football practice from 20 feet away in a hazmat suit for $912k?? 

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Oh man. I'm calling your mother so she can wash your mouth out with a bar of soap. We don't use that derogatory Bills  term around here anymore.

And we'll tell her to use Lifebuoy.

Soap-Poisoning-Totally-Definitely-Real-Thing.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I am at the point where I don’t want to see Barkley start a meaningless week 17 game either.  I am not sure Fromm gets the call up though.  

For me I keep Fromm segregated and use a PS call up on Davis Webb.  I would rather see what he can do for going forward and use Barkley as a back-up.

I have no issues resting the starters and using it like an extra bye week - especially as KC has a real bye week - I would not mind getting some rest in, but the roster is just so small it makes things hard to rest enough people - as we saw last year with McKittrick (LOL) playing DB against the Jets.

Since Webb has not been isolated this makes sense for it gives staff to get a look him in game conditions if playoff position is not at stake.

Some players may however have incentives which may not be reached if they are not active or playing.

17 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

First of all not a big fan of resting starters but it will definitely be an option should the two seed be wrapped up and f so then then maybe the Bills put Barkley as inactive and have Fromm active for the last game of the year. Get a chance to get some live in game action and a chance to see where he is at.

Been written about this a fair amount.  Probably not because first off Fromm hasn't been able to even practice much with regular players as he's been isolated form the rest for the most part so little knowledge of eachother.

That would also defeat the entire idea of isolation.  Currently if Allen or Barkley turned up positive a good change the other would be ruled out by close contact.  But Fromm would be OK to go.  Now you've just thrown Fromm into the mix so he too could very likely be ruled ineligible based on close contact or if he were positive, he's now infected the rest of the team.

So no!

57 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Been written about this a fair amount.  Probably not because first off Fromm hasn't been able to even practice much with regular players as he's been isolated form the rest for the most part so little knowledge of eachother.

That would also defeat the entire idea of isolation.  Currently if Allen or Barkley turned up positive a good change the other would be ruled out by close contact.  But Fromm would be OK to go.  Now you've just thrown Fromm into the mix so he too could very likely be ruled ineligible based on close contact or if he were positive, he's now infected the rest of the team.

So no!

So again Allen or Barkley assume that roll so there si no issue with the COVID so isolation is not key anymore

1 hour ago, mushypeaches said:

I don't want to see Jake Fromm until August 2021 at the earliest.  I don't care if he's TB12 reincarnated.  This season is about Josh Allen and how far we can go

Anything else is just unnecessary noise

I don't want to EVER see Jake Fromm.  Reports from practice in pre season were pretty bad.  I'd rather have Davis Webb than Fromm.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ILBillsfan said:

So again Allen or Barkley assume that roll so there si no issue with the COVID so isolation is not key anymore

That would work great if there was some type of valve you could turn on/off so to eliminate any potential spread of Covid!

The day Fromm joins the active roster assume next Tuesday after the NE game, you don't know if he was exposed the day before, but he''s not going to test positive until maybe Saturday the day before the Miami game and he's now also exposed himself to half the active roster and also Barkley. 

Or maybe Barkley turns up positive next Thursday, but since he was still with Allen up until Monday, Allen is now ruled out due to exposure, but starting Tuesday he was also with Fromm so now he's also out.  So no there are no QB's for the Miami game and maybe all three turn up positive so they are all ruled out for the first round of playoffs too.

While obviously far from ideal at least if Fromm is kept away from everyone else, he could still play, but now you've just created a complete co-mingling and everyone can potentially be out.  Think of the Denver situation.  The Bills have spent 16 weeks doing their best to make sure this can't happen, but you want to rip it all up.

It's like three ships passing in the night in different directions, but you want to allow people to jump off one ship onto either of the others and who knows what you'll end up with.  But that's OK!