Your 4 Team Playoff Predictions Please.....

Bill from NYC

23 minutes ago, Beast said:

1- Alabama

2-Clemson

3-Texas A&M

4- Ohio State

Notre Dame's poor showing yesterday will knock them out.

Aggies poor showing vs Bama tho... 28 points. ND has the better win of the two. 

23 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Can we boot notre dame?.  I get they bring TV ratings from all the Yankees and patriots fans but it's a guaranteed snoozer blowout

The only thing is don’t give me a Nd-Clemson three-match.  Do not want that game again. Make it osu-Clemson and ND-Bama.

Edited by YoloinOhio

What a clown show this thing is.  Why not just name next year's four right now?  

I can't really question the top three but I do think Ohio State sucks.  Life and death with Northwestern for most of the game.  Was anyone watching ND get slapped around?  Let someone competitive in or just screw it and give somebody a bye.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Can we boot notre dame?.  I get they bring TV ratings from all the Yankees and patriots fans but it's a guaranteed snoozer blowout

Watching Notre Dame get blown out in a game they don’t belong in is a holiday tradition. I really have nothing against ND, but the NCAA constantly goes for the big TV ratings with them, and it’s quite apparent. I really don’t think the college playoff is anymore exciting than the old national championship game format. College football is so top heavy, even with just a four team format you’re always including someone who doesn’t stand a chance. 

Edited by SirAndrew

22 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Watching Notre Dame get blown out in a game they don’t belong in is a holiday tradition. I really have nothing against ND, but the NCAA constantly goes for the big TV ratings with them, and it’s quite apparent. I really don’t think the college playoff is anymore exciting than the old national championship game format. College football is so top heavy, even with just a four team format you’re always including someone who doesn’t stand a chance. 

That’s why they need to expand.

Did anyone besides the degenerate gamblers watch Clemson/ND 2nd half last night? 

Garbage product.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Might as well start with OSU vs ND for the bronze.  

Bama vs Clemson should be a great game 

Honestly, it's so dumb.

Expand to 6. Bye weeks for the first 2. CFB wild card round 3 v 6, 4 v 5.

A&M gets to play ND to prove they deserve to play for the Natty.  Cinci gets to play OSU.

Is there any doubt these would be better games than ND vs Bama?

37 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Honestly, it's so dumb.

Expand to 6. Bye weeks for the first 2. CFB wild card round 3 v 6, 4 v 5.

A&M gets to play ND to prove they deserve to play for the Natty.  Cinci gets to play OSU.

Is there any doubt these would be better games than ND vs Bama?

The teams in the title game would have to play 15 games in a non-covid season. This is too many and unfair to the players imo. I am against playoff expansion unless they shorten the season and eliminate the conference title games. 

What did the Alabama- Florida game accomplish other than getting our excellent starting center hurt?

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bama will annhilate ND

I actually don’t think anyone will beat Bama this year. 

I am less sure. The Tide defense improved from the start of the season but they are still a bit vulnerable. 

It looks to me as if all 4 of these teams have liabilities, ya know?

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

The teams in the title game would have to play 15 games in a non-covid season. This is too many and unfair to the players imo. I am against playoff expansion unless they shorten the season and eliminate the conference title games. 

What did the Alabama- Florida game accomplish other than getting our excellent starting center hurt?

I would keep conference title games and eliminate a random tune up game.

Besides, it would make the byes extremely valuable. The Bama-Florida game would have meant the Tide gets a week of rest as compared to OSU or ND.

6 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am less sure. The Tide defense improved from the start of the season but they are still a bit vulnerable. 

They do. But I think Bama can outscore anyone. I don’t know who out there can cover Smith. And Mac Jones is incredibly consistent.

On 12/20/2020 at 2:43 PM, Bill from NYC said:

One extra game or “just give it to em” Bama every year?  Without expansion they should just add another division and and have a championship for teams like Cincy, UCF, and others that are disqualified by the committee before the season starts.  At this point it is simply not a legitimate championship when a team can go undefeated and be summarily ignored.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.