Baldy Breakdown - Tre destroys Claypool at the LOS on 3rd down - LOVE IT!!

Big Turk

This was the play where Wallace almost got a pick 6...Big Ben was looking for Claypool but White pancaked him at the LOS and put him on his @ss and basically held him down on the ground...just a great, aggressive play against the short passes...

Claypool has been tearing it up but was almost non-existent in yesterday's game except for a few short catches.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 22
  • Awesome! (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Wow---whole new meaning to the phrase "bump 'n run" coverage--I had no idea this could be a legal thing anymore in today's pass happy league! 

Same. I truly did not know it was legal to just....TACKLE THE WR AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE! 😯

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Same. I truly did not know it was legal to just....TACKLE THE WR AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE! 😯

Been legal for maybe 10 years as long as you are within one yard (or is it 5)  of the LOS i believe

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Could we do this to the Pats' WR's, all of them, all game? 

If DBs did that constantly the way to counter if is for the QB to throw to where the DB has taken out the receiver and than it is an easy pass interference call

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Been legal for year as long as you are within one yard of the LOS i believe

Wonder why we don't see this more often then? With D advantages whittled down like they are, you'd think D coordinators, esp. those playing say, the Chiefs, would be all over this?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Wonder why we don't see this more often then? With D advantages whittled down like they are, you'd think D coordinators, esp. those playing say, the Chiefs, would be all over this?

Because it is a high risk high reward type play...if he misses the jam it is an easy TD

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

It happens every game, the problem is it prevents the CB from covering as well if the WR gets away and can lead to a bigger gain if a pass is completed.  And while contact is allowed, you're not supposed to tackle the receiver or hold him down, I'm pretty sure that's a penalty.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I've never seen this before.  I've seen jams where the WR can't get off (that's what she said) and where they knocked them off balance....but not just smashing them to the ground.

He didn't tackle him, he jammed him and Claypool fell down from it

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Captain Caveman said:

contact is allowed within 5 yards I think.  tackling is not, which this maybe comes a little close to, but no harm no foul :)

^^ this.  you can knock a guy on his ass, but you cant tackle him, that would be a holding call.  What it looks like Tre' did these kinda straddles the line.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

He didn't tackle him, he jammed him and Claypool fell down from it

Yes I dont think he "tackled" him.  I think Tre saw Claypool totally not looking in his direction, instead he was watchinjng for the snap, a rookie mistake if you care going to be that close to the line.  Tre barely had to move to knock Claypool.  I bet Claypool will think twice before he tries that again.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Been legal for maybe 10 years as long as you are within one yard (or is it 5)  of the LOS i believe

If DBs did that constantly the way to counter if is for the QB to throw to where the DB has taken out the receiver and than it is an easy pass interference call

The way to counter it is for the WR to get past it. The DB has to come forward. Get past that and the WR is gone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1