Bills depth chart: Norman ahead of Wallace. Discuss.

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Norman won't be with the Bills next year...at least not at that $6M.

One of the Bills Podcast had the Bills mismanage the cap this year by keeping the following on the roster:

* Trent Murphy -   $8M towards the Cap

* Tyler Kroft    -    $4.5 towards the Cap

* Norman   -    6M towards the cap

If we had cut these three people. we would have been able to add that 20M to next years cap that will help you sign Milano, Williams, Feliciano.

Oh well

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, sven233 said:

Yeah......those of us that were calling for Murphy to be cut before the season to save a ton of cap space were completely wrong.......  They definitely did the right thing by keeping him so they could make him inactive and chew up that much needed space for next year,  Yeah......we never know better than they do......

Look.  They have more information to go in than we do, but let's not pretend that we don't know what we're watching on the field.  I'm not positive that we have a better option right now at 2nd CB, but this team is in desperate need of a CB that can really play across the field from White.  If Wallace starts tonight, so be it.  But, if he continues to struggle again, I want them to try Norman or Jackson.  I'd have no problem throwing Jackson out there.  He's done nothing but impress in the limited snaps he's had out there.  We need to find someone that can hold up instead of getting picked on every time a ball is thrown.  I mean, whoever plays across from White will see a lot of targets, but we need better than what Wallace has been giving us most of the year,

Im going to go ahead and say that Brandon Beane and sean McDermott know more than you do. I get that this is a place for people to debate, and I do question some of their decisions, but I trust the process 

Edited by Brennan Huff
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Norman won't be with the Bills next year...at least not at that $6M.

One of the Bills Podcast had the Bills mismanage the cap this year by keeping the following on the roster:

* Trent Murphy -   $8M towards the Cap

* Tyler Kroft    -    $4.5 towards the Cap

* Norman   -    6M towards the cap

If we had cut these three people. we would have been able to add that 20M to next years cap that will help you sign Milano, Williams, Feliciano.

The team can still do exactly this in the offseason and get out of Butler and Jefferson to save money and revamp the middle of the line if they want.

Wallace is better than Norman and Jackson right now. Norman was really terrible when he played while Wallace was hurt. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, TUBSTER said:

Yes as well as involving Ebron a lot, especially as of late (11 targets in each of the last two games).  I think against us Ebron and Dionte Johnson could be the most dangerous.  

i think we will see James Washington a ton today over Johnson. He’s the exact kind of receiver that Wallace struggles to cover. Fast, good on the outside, makes tough contested deep catches. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just wandered by buffalobills.com and had a glance at the depth chart.

Noticed that Josh Norman is listed ahead of Levi Wallace.  Don't know when this switch-up occurred or if it was always that way save when on IR.

Wallace played 98% of the snaps last week.

Norman played 2 snaps - on Special Teams.

Should Norman get the playing time ahead of Wallace?

On the one hand: "Dance with the ones that Brought Ya".

On the other hand: We do see Levi Wallace getting picked on every week. 

On the third hand: Our defensive scheme, as Collinsworth noted, depends upon everyone knowing their job and not making mistakes.

Do you trust Josh Norman to know his job and not make mistakes?  Can he actually keep up with WR and tackle?

Discuss.

No.

3 hours ago, QB Bills said:

They're both garbage. Put Dane Jackson in. 

all in good time my pretties , all in good time...

But yes, i i have hope Jackson can be , and Is the future.
and i am still a Wallace fan. yes i said it :)

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

My eyes tell me that Wallace >> Norman.  Looks like Norman should transition to safety after this season.

Or further than that  lol

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

all in good time my pretties , all in good time...

But yes, i i have hope Jackson can be , and Is the future.
and i am still a Wallace fan. yes i said it :)

Or further than that  lol

Yeah...I don’t mean he should transition to FS with US.  In general, he’s probably better suited for it nowadays.  

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah...I don’t mean he should transition to FS with US.  In general, he’s probably better suited for it nowadays.  

agreed. He sees the field well , knows the game. he is just too slow to switch hips , turn and run etc,

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just wandered by buffalobills.com and had a glance at the depth chart.

Noticed that Josh Norman is listed ahead of Levi Wallace.  Don't know when this switch-up occurred or if it was always that way save when on IR.

Wallace played 98% of the snaps last week.

Norman played 2 snaps - on Special Teams.

Should Norman get the playing time ahead of Wallace?

On the one hand: "Dance with the ones that Brought Ya".

On the other hand: We do see Levi Wallace getting picked on every week. 

On the third hand: Our defensive scheme, as Collinsworth noted, depends upon everyone knowing their job and not making mistakes.

Do you trust Josh Norman to know his job and not make mistakes?  Can he actually keep up with WR and tackle?

Discuss.

What's up with this third hand, I'd like to know?  The only time I've ever seen a third hand was with the T-1000 flying the helicopter in Terminator 2.

2dRpQ.png

1 minute ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I think Wallace is a good, smart CB that draws some unfair heat.  Tre's talent means our CB2 is constantly targeted.  I think Wallace fits our team and scheme, even though he is no Tre White.  I would take Jackson second and Norman third and then only in an emergency.  

Thank you for a solid perspective !

that aligns with mine exactly by chance

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why haven't they elevated Jackson to the 53-man roster?

No idea, likely because we seem to need every swinging Ricardo to play STs that isn’t a undisputed #1 roster spot, that and Sean won’t take my calls so I can convince him otherwise, can ya believe this guy...

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1