Let’s see your holiday lights

SDS

11 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

Anyone with a Fetivus Pole?

I had to get rid of it. We couldn’t get the strippers off of it!

I wish I could post ours, but experience tells me the file will be too big. I was always an adamant real tree guy. Several years ago my wife started getting sick when we brought the real tree in the house. I initially poo-pooed it, but it became clear it was real. I’m not sure if they started spraying them with a chemical or my wife changed. 

We’ve had an artificial tree for three years now and I must admit they are much better than they used to be (not to mention easier). I’m good with it, it’s very nice and I’ll try to post a pic. 

This will be the strangest Christmas ever. Just my wife and my 93 year old mom. Life has stages, make the most of every one of them. We will watch Mass on TV and do our son/DIL and grandson on different dates. Just roll with it! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Our neighborhood goes nuts at Christmas. We throw a few light nets on the bushes and call it a day. But we got a big snow over the weekend so I can't even do that now.

I've got to the point of just throwing a few flood lights up under the trees.  Done.  Getting too old for this stuff.

This year I extended it to the library where my wife works.  Those "smart" LED floods are nice, change to any color you want.

20201129_165319.thumb.jpg.14308322c7bb750e77f078b676d2b04f.jpg

Gotta do it yourself.   It's EZ-PZ to do.  This one was 3mb.  It's now under the site limits...200kb

8 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

all my pics were too large to lead.  It didn't give me the option to use a smaller file to load. 

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I've got to the point of just throwing a few flood lights up under the trees.  Done.  Getting too old for this stuff.

This year I extended it to the library where my wife works.  Those "smart" LED floods are nice, change to any color you want.

20201129_165319.thumb.jpg.14308322c7bb750e77f078b676d2b04f.jpg

Gotta do it yourself.   It's EZ-PZ to do.  This one was 3mb.  It's now under the site limits...200kb

Great idea.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Great idea.

It's  not the best.  Still need a few more on backside so from the other side of road people can see... AND I am not sure how it will react when the snow flies. ???  LEDs run cool and won't melt snow.  But, maybe we won't have snow this year! 😆 🤣 😉 

I am using the library as my "testing ground."

I was surprised how the bulbs lit up tree.  I guess we can leave them in and change colors for different holidays.   Next red, Valentine's Day, then green St.Pat's, go pastel for Easter,  etc... 😆 

1772944248_Screenshot_20201129-184604_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.81872d1804808e864a479aa29c2ebc9e.jpg

I am using these.  Only 13 bucks on Amazon.  Comes each with a remote.  Heck,  a PAR38 incandescent flood is around 10 or more bucks.  So not too terribly expensive. 

The remotes are universal.   So you can just open one.  Save rest.  BUT, gotta be really close to bulb to utilize.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.