Week 9 Around the League + Bills Rooting Interests

whatdrought

Lot of Covid and injury implications this week - it also feels like we're in the part of the season where all bets are off. You spend the first 4 weeks trying to figure things out, the next 4 thinking you know, and the last 8 convinced you know nothing. 

giphy.gif

All that to say- should be another good weekend of football! 

Rooting Interests for Bills (feel free to disagree/discuss) 

• NYG v. WFT | WFT - A Giants loss improves their chance of getting #1 overall from their cross town rivals.
  • CHI v. TEN | CHI - Obvious here, NFC > AFC. Plus, ***** the Titans.
  • DET v. MIN | ?? - Not sure there's any implications here. 
  • CAR v. KC | CAR - Would be a huge upset, but would be nice to see the Chiefs drop a couple going forward.
  • HOU v. JAX | HOU - This one doesn't affect the Bills playoffs, but we don't want AFCE team to get high picks. Jags could get #1 from Jets, Texans winning a couple hurts MIA.
  • BAL v. IND | IND? - This one is the weirdest to guess. They're both likely playoff teams, but in a world where IND could steal the South from TEN we would be better off.
  • SEA v. BUF | BUF - Contrary to popular opinion, we do want to win NFC games. 
  • DEN v. ATL | ATL - NFC > AFC.
  • LV v. LAC | LAC? - Probably better to have the better AFC team lose, but I don't see LV winning the West and them winning could help our strength of schedule. 
  • PIT V. DAL | DAL - NFC > AFC - this one would help with Seeding as well. 
  • MIA > ARI | ARI - MIA losing would boost our AFC aspirations.
  • NO v. TB | ?? - Probably the second one that doesn't matter even a little, but ***** Tom Brady. 
  • NE v. NYJ | NYJ - Jets getting some wins helps them lose the #1, so long as the Pats don't get it. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I was just thinking about this topic. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30272947/new-york-jets-qb-sam-darnold-shoulder-start-new-england-patriots

New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold, still bothered by an ailing right shoulder, won't start Monday night against the New England Patriots, the team announced.

Backup Joe Flacco will make his third start of the season for the winless Jets (0-8).

The only NFC games with impact to me are those playing AFC contenders. 

unless the Bills have a low draft pick from a trade then I’m not worried about who gets what for the draft.  

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

Good analysis. Right now it looks like Tennessee has the best team in the AFC.  If we're hoping to get to the SB and not just the playoffs, anything that hurts the Titans is a good thing.

What? Tennessee is no better than 3rd in AFC.

• Like (+1) 3

Thanks for taking the time to post this. 

I don't know why but I have a feeling Dallas beats Pittsburgh tomorrow.  Steelers are obviously due for a loss, and nobody thinks the Cowboys have a chance.  That's my upset special.  

I also have Arizona beating Miami.  

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Wouldn’t we want the Raiders to win since we beat them and haven’t played the chargers yet?

Only if you think there’s a real chance the chargers make noise down the stretch. Which could be possible, but I don’t know if I buy it with Lynn finding new and inventive ways to choke each week.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Thanks for taking the time to post this. 

I don't know why but I have a feeling Dallas beats Pittsburgh tomorrow.  Steelers are obviously due for a loss, and nobody thinks the Cowboys have a chance.  That's my upset special.  

I also have Arizona beating Miami.  

AZ is my survivor pool pick tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty good about it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Utah John said:

Good analysis. Right now it looks like Tennessee has the best team in the AFC.  If we're hoping to get to the SB and not just the playoffs, anything that hurts the Titans is a good thing.

Steelers Nation would like to disagree.

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Steelers Nation would like to disagree.

Agreed. I'd actually put the Titans fourth behind KC, Steelers and Ravens. I'm convinced if we play them 10 times, only once does the game end a blow out not in our favor. The majority of games would be much closer with the offense not shooting themselves in the foot every other play and to start the game. Also, throw out our game and they could literally be anywhere from 1-6 to 5-2 right now. All of their games were close except for the Bengals and Bills game. One a convincing win and the other a convincing loss.

2 hours ago, Turk71 said:

AZ is my survivor pool pick tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Great... Miami will win then. When ever someone feels pretty good about something I figure the opposite will happen.