Milano out for Seahawks game

YoloinOhio

26 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Dude, wow.

Ok you’re right. Matt Milano is the healthiest person on the team.

We are here ---->>>>>Impute to others views they've never held. 

Take an extreme position yourself. 

When called on it, behave as though you're persuading people to the position they actually held instead of the position they actually held

and

Complain that they're somehow misinterpreting or overinterpreting your extreme position

Also, this seems political related

Horseradish, you silly boy!  I just went back and looked at your posts in this thread and diagrammed what you did.

Which I've seen before, in football threads.

But it's interesting that you see it as such.....

I’m done responding to you

Promises!

24 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

It is political, which is uncool, especially from the mod warning us about it on the top of the Wall.  But so is hyperbole.  It makes for shite discussion, because reasonable people see it and react in kind.  

It’s not worth it man. This is his kingdom. 

Another major miscalculation by the overrated Beane. With oftinjured Milano and poor depth at cover lb, we are vulnerable against high powered passing attacks. Dbs are also pitifully mismatched against teams like Seattle, Arizona, SD, and Pittsburgh. Bills fans must hold Beane responsible for fixing these defensive weaknesses. I give him credit for putting a formidable offense together,  but linebacker talent and dbs that can hang with top end receivers a not there.

7 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

When Milano gets anywhere near 50% active for his career let us know.

he obviously must have (or now has) a tear, so he's on Mongo time.. he likely needs to sit until after the bye.... 

boy, Josh is going to need to be freakin Superman the next couple games.  

13 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

he obviously must have (or now has) a tear, so he's on Mongo time.. he likely needs to sit until after the bye.... 

boy, Josh is going to need to be freakin Superman the next couple games.  

No, he is not on mongo time. Mongo had a full tear and needed surgery. Milano has a partial tear and does not need surgery. It’s a 2-6 week recovery, typically. They tried to ease him back after 2 weeks and he needs more time to be effective. After the bye does make sense to me but if so IR won’t work for him to come back vs the chargers because it’s 3 games,  not 3 weeks. But would be good to get the roster spot for Del shaun Phillips who has been practicing. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, dneveu said:

This will be his 6th game missed due to injury in 4 seasons.  

Your math is off it will be more like 9 counting this week and the playoff games(he missed the 2017 playoff game with a hamstring injury).

And he only became the top of depth chart starter in December of 2017 so that will make 9 no-plays-at-all in 47 chances(19%).

The big issue isn't just the missed games though...... it's the missed snaps...........he's only played in 34% of the Bills snaps so far this season.

In this defense he is an every down player.

He has had so many different injuries and those lead to a lot of snaps missed in games that he technically played in. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No, he is not on mongo time. Mongo has a full tear and needed surgery. Milano has a partial tear and does not need surgery. It’s a 2-6 week recovery, typically. They tried to ease him back after 2 weeks and he needs more time to be effective. After the bye does make sense to me but if so IR won’t work for him to come back vs the chargers because it’s 3 games,  not 3 weeks. But would be good to get the roster spot for Del shaun Phillips who has been practicing. 

I didn't realize Del'Shawn Phillips had been practicing.   Do you remember when he started practicing?

I think for Milano to DNP this week he's worsened the injury in some way and giving him 4 weeks to heal would only make sense.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we can IR Milano as late as 4 pm Saturday?

Also, I *think* we get a 1 week roster exemption for Knox coming off the covid IR as we did for Smith, so we may have an extra spot and could activate Del'Shawn Phillips?  Very uncertain here.....

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I didn't realize Del'Shawn Phillips had been practicing.   Do you remember when he started practicing?

I think for Milano to DNP this week he's worsened the injury in some way and giving him 4 weeks to heal would only make sense.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we can IR Milano as late as 4 pm Saturday?

Also, I *think* we get a 1 week roster exemption for Knox coming off the covid IR as we did for Smith, so we may have an extra spot and could activate Del'Shawn Phillips?  Very uncertain here.....

Not sure when he started but they mentioned it on radio today (Sal). He was eligible to come off IR last week so I think it was then. 

2 hours ago, par73 said:

I think they will sit Milano until after the bye. The next two games are going to be rough with the way the defense is playing. Best to be as healthy as possible for the stretch run.

This was my thought.

If you are going to risk losing two games.........these are the two left on the schedule that you take more liberties with.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

McDermott was on WGR this am and when prompted about it he didn't indicate in any way.......tone or otherwise......that Milano had re-injured anything or that it had worsened.........he said something along the lines of we are learning about the injury as we go.  Which could mean that they think that a few weeks of no stress to the pec muscle and he might be full go.

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Jim.jpg

I found this funny... and if accurate, just shows the blatant overaction in this whole thread.

I too have the impression he has missed a lot of time, and he's my favorite Bills on defense with White. But if he has played 86% of games, just CHILL everybody. And LOL at saying the dude should retire. He'll make some serious cash with his next contract.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m ok with putting him out there on some passing downs and making him active but he’s been here like 3 days, not sure he will know the scheme well enough to line up correctly 

As a rusher, coverage, or both?  I'm not familiar with Lee.

57 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Another major miscalculation by the overrated Beane. With oftinjured Milano and poor depth at cover lb, we are vulnerable against high powered passing attacks. Dbs are also pitifully mismatched against teams like Seattle, Arizona, SD, and Pittsburgh. Bills fans must hold Beane responsible for fixing these defensive weaknesses. I give him credit for putting a formidable offense together,  but linebacker talent and dbs that can hang with top end receivers a not there.

I am not happy about many of the defensive decisions that were made.  But to be fair, I think they felt they had depth with Dodson and Del'shawn Phillips.   It's hard to predict your backup LBs going down to injury as your starters are injured.

IMO the major miscalculation was the AJ Klein signing.

It does sometimes feel as though Beane can only focus on one side of the ball at a time

33 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

McDermott was on WGR this am and when prompted about it he didn't indicate in any way.......tone or otherwise......that Milano had re-injured anything or that it had worsened.........he said something along the lines of we are learning about the injury as we go.  Which could mean that they think that a few weeks of no stress to the pec muscle and he might be full go.

That would be good  - thanks for the info!

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I am not happy about many of the defensive decisions that were made.  But to be fair, I think they felt they had depth with Dodson and Del'shawn Phillips.   It's hard to predict your backup LBs going down to injury as your starters are injured.

IMO the major miscalculation was the AJ Klein signing.

It does sometimes feel as though Beane can only focus on one side of the ball at a time

Hey that final comment made good sense. Check Milano's attendance record since he joined the team, and Dodson and Phillips are perennial practice squad fodder. I know it's not fashionable to point fingers at Beane when we're 6and2 but you're deluding yourself if you didn't see problems with the Pats taking the ball right down the field 3 straight times with the game on the line. This Patriots team is decimated and Cam is not playing well.  Our defense is not good. 

5 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Hey that final comment made good sense. Check Milano's attendance record since he joined the team, and Dodson and Phillips are perennial practice squad fodder. I know it's not fashionable to point fingers at Beane when we're 6and2 but you're deluding yourself if you didn't see problems with the Pats taking the ball right down the field 3 straight times with the game on the line. This Patriots team is decimated and Cam is not playing well.  Our defense is not good. 

I think in the cap-limited FA era if you expect a GM to stock the roster with quality depth down to the practice squad, you're going to be perennially disappointed.

There's all kinds of stuff about Milano's "attendance record" up thread.  Dodson can not be "perennial practice squad fodder" since he was on IR last season and played in 6 games this season before going on IR.  Whether he's gonna make a habit of this or will have that "availability" does remain to be seen. 

Phillips can not be "perennial practice squad fodder" since he was an UDFA rookie this season.

4 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

That is a start. I’m proud of you. You guys take things too literal. Obviously if he was “always hurt” then he would have been on the IR for his entire career and never played a snap in the NFL

Some just exaggerate when their point is weak.

I was taught this by my debate teacher: Exaggeration is a tool of those with weak arguments.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think in the cap-limited FA era if you expect a GM to stock the roster with quality depth down to the practice squad, you're going to be perennially disappointed.

Could you point out the drives you mean by the Patriots "took the ball right down the field 3 straight times with the game on the line"? 

image.thumb.png.6dcb6331c250733a160bbce8f2844d0b.png

The second half, after they drove the field and tied the game at 14 with the 2 pt. Conversion  They onside kicked and the Bills took the lead with a great drive. Then, mostly running the ball with Harris,  they drove right down and tied the game at 21. The Bills then had a long drive ending in a Davis drop in the end zone, resulting in a field goal.  The Patriots then drove the ball, again with mostly runs and featuring missed tackles and miraculously Cam was stripped by Zimmer inside the 20. The Bills were defenseless on the final drive and pulled the game out of their rear end.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

🙄

Impute to others views they've never held. 

Take an extreme position yourself. 

When called on it, behave as though you're persuading people to the position they actually held instead of the position they actually held

and

Complain that they're somehow misinterpreting or overinterpreting your extreme position

Now where have I seen this argument strategy before 🤔

You forgot lawsuits.