Dan Shaunnessy: For Patriots, Bills means it’s over: the division, the path to playoffs, and the dynasty

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Shaunnessy has ***** all over Buffalo for 20 years. Whether they had a good season or not, he threw dirt on them and the city. So this is just satisfying. If you told me a year ago we would be reading this on nov 1 2020, I wouldn’t have believed it. 

But it's also true that Shaunnessy is Boston's Jerry Sullivan: a guy who just overreacts to everything to get a rise out of people. He's just happy he can finally land a few blows on a guy (Belichick) who's been untouchable until now.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

But it's also true that Shaunnessy is Boston's Jerry Sullivan: a guy who just overreacts to everything to get a rise out of people. He just happy he can land a few blows on a guy (Belichick) who's been untouchable until now.

Or is still untouchable. Hell Brady could still run for Governor and win in a landslide up here lol

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Or is still untouchable. Hell Brady could still run for Governor and win in a landslide up here lol

Of course. Haven't they shown every Tampa game on local TV this year? Probably more people watching than the Pats right now.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Of course. Haven't they shown every Tampa game on local TV this year? Probably more people watching than the Pats right now.

Yes they have.  I am sure it was even split in the beginning when NE started 2-1.. but I am sure a lot of the bandwagon starting to empty to Tampa now.  It feels good I don’t have to face palm when some dumb bandwagon fan says something well stupid anymore lol.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Yes they have.  I am sure it was even split in the beginning when NE started 2-1.. but I am sure a lot of the bandwagon starting to empty to Tampa now.  It feels good I don’t have to face palm when some dumb bandwagon fan says something well stupid anymore lol.

I live in NH too. My boss is a Pats STHer. Said he wasn't missing going to games at all if they are going to be that bad.

I also show him my Bills ST invoice. Comparable seats I pay about 20% what he pays.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If Belichick remains at New England, he will at some point be likely to mount a successful rebuild.  Beane needs to really work at solidifying the team and shoring up the weak spots this season has revealed if they hope to fend off Belichick's rebuild and hold on the the AFC East crown, and of course, move far into the playoffs and, hopefully, win a few Super Bowls.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I live in NH too. My boss is a Pats STHer. Said he wasn't missing going to games at all if they are going to be that bad.

I also show him my Bills ST invoice. Comparable seats I pay about 20% what he pays.

Ya I use to have season tickets, but I just couldn’t afford them anymore.  Reason why Gillette is so quiet is because it’s mostly businesses that own seats, a lot of us die hard fans were priced out.

• Like (+1) 1

He called us the "pathetic Bills Mafia" this offseason, and also said the Bills would be a "tomato can" for the Pats yet again.

How ya like us now, Danny? Welcome back to the true golden age of Boston sports (a.k.a. back to being the lovable losers....)

7 minutes ago, Success said:

He called us the "pathetic Bills Mafia" this offseason, and also said the Bills would be a "tomato can" for the Pats yet again.

How ya like us now, Danny? Welcome back to the true golden age of Boston sports (a.k.a. back to being the lovable losers....)

Lmao celtics and Bruins still two very good teams so we are still set up be championship city.. lol. But ya this guy is a tool.. 

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lmao celtics and Bruins still two very good teams so we are still set up be championship city.. lol. But ya this guy is a tool.. 

Nah.  Celts aren't built well, and keep getting knocked out in the same round of the playoffs.  The benefits from that Brooklyn deal are over, and they've basically hit a ceiling, while 4-5 other teams in the East continue to get better.

And the Bruins are definitely done.  That team is in for a rebuild now just like the Pats.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Cam looked good for 3 games, then COVID happened and well it’s like his body aged 20 years in a week.  I personally expected a down year, I wanted Stidham to start. (I said so here before Brady officially left I expected Stidham be our QB this year) maybe it’s because I’ve been around football long enough to see the end when it happens. (Shrug) 

oh and if the Pats lose out they would pick before the Jets since the Jets would have beaten them twice. 

Yeah Stidham sucked at Auburn and he sucks now, you don't want him as your QB.  The best thing for the Pats now is to try to ship Gilmore off, tank the season and zero in on a QB.  Not sure if the Pats could get Lawrence, but Fields would be a nice consolation prize.  

& as far as who was more responsible BB or Brady, I will say this.  BB is a great coach but every successful long tenured coach has something in common over the past 25-30 years.  They have had a true franchise QB to work with.  BB had the greatest QB to ever play the game.  That had a lot to do with his success.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- It rained here all morning, snowed as night fell, and in between, the Patriots' 2020 season turned to mud and slid into nearby Lake Erie.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots

Buffalo, Seahawks, @Cardinals, Chargers, @49ers, Steelers, @Broncos, @Patriots, Dolphins. Five teams with winning records. 6-2

Dolphins remaining games-Cardinals, Chargers, Broncos, NY Jets, Bengals, Chiefs, Patriots, Raiders, Bills.  Four teams with winning records. 4-3

Patriots remaining games at 2-5 - NY Jets, Ravens, Texans, Cardinals, Chargers, Rams, Dolphins, Bills, NY Jets. Six teams with winning records. 2-5

Gonna be interesting...for Buffalo and Miami.

Nihi, we absolutely must win at least 3 games before the finale...most likely (although not guaranteed) Broncos, Charges, and Pats again.  If anyone disagrees with me I just ask, do you see the Bills beating the Cardinals, Seahawks, Steelers or 49ers?  

Be at least 9-6 going into the finale and I believe it is still there for the Bills, with the hope that the Phins will also be no better than 9-6 (please Cincy Bengals keep playing the way you have and give the Dolphins a run for their money), with maybe Miami's only losses being the Cards, Chiefs and Raiders.  

...but we MUST win 3.

5 minutes ago, Success said:

Nah.  Celts aren't built well, and keep getting knocked out in the same round of the playoffs.  The benefits from that Brooklyn deal are over, and they've basically hit a ceiling, while 4-5 other teams in the East continue to get better.

And the Bruins are definitely done.  That team is in for a rebuild now just like the Pats.

We will disagree about the Celtics, they have 3 1st round picks in this draft to use to trade for a big man.  As for the same round? They lost in the eastern Finals, much better than the year before.. add in Brown and Tatum are just starting come into their own and well damn future looks good. 

as for the Bruins, our best player is 25? Our best D player is 26 I think.. (macavoy) the only rebuild needed here is replacing an old Chara on the Defense. We had the best goalie tandem in the league as well.. their issue is getting by TB!

pats rebuild isn’t that much, a QB, not elite just a capable QB to not make stupid mistakes cost games.

4 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Yeah Stidham sucked at Auburn and he sucks now, you don't want him as your QB.  The best thing for the Pats now is to try to ship Gilmore off, tank the season and zero in on a QB.  Not sure if the Pats could get Lawrence, but Fields would be a nice consolation prize.  

& as far as who was more responsible BB or Brady, I will say this.  BB is a great coach but every successful long tenured coach has something in common over the past 25-30 years.  They have had a true franchise QB to work with.  BB had the greatest QB to ever play the game.  That had a lot to do with his success.

Same can be said for great QBs almost all have had a great coach even Manning had Dungy. 

43 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

If Belichick remains at New England, he will at some point be likely to mount a successful rebuild.  Beane needs to really work at solidifying the team and shoring up the weak spots this season has revealed if they hope to fend off Belichick's rebuild and hold on the the AFC East crown, and of course, move far into the playoffs and, hopefully, win a few Super Bowls.

I have a feeling Beiichick is going to retire, it is a gut feeling based on the thinnest of evidence. He has become a pitchman for Subway. As far as I am aware he has never done anything like that before. I think he is cashing in while he is still relevant. Like I said very thin.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Shaunnessy has ***** all over Buffalo for 20 years. Whether they had a good season or not, he threw dirt on them and the city. So this is just satisfying. If you told me a year ago we would be reading this on nov 1 2020, I wouldn’t have believed it. 

I have a friend who reads the Globe regularly and sends me Shaughnessy bits from time to time.   

I finally realized that if you put him in perspective, Shaughnessy is just a narrow-minded loud-mouthed fan just like fans we all know.  He's 100% homer.  If you're looking for a balanced, insightful look at your team, Shaughnessy isn't your guy.  If you want a cheerleader when your team is great, Shaughnessy is perfect.  

Bottom line for me is that he 100% deserves to be ignored. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think they will lose enough games to get fields unless they trade up. I have a feeling fields ends up in Atlanta. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the pats trade for Matt Ryan. Belichick doesn’t seem like the type who really wants to “start over” at QB. Plus ryan went to BC, seems like a match made in heaven for him possibly. 

Fields could easily end up in Jax -  I'd bet Lawrence would love to go the Falcons given that he played HS ball in Cartersville and he could sit behind Ryan for a year.

14 minutes ago, papazoid said:

the dynasty is over.....

NE should have kept brady for 2-3 more years.

having said that, i fully expect them to be back to competing for the division next year. plenty of cap space and covid opt outs will return.

It's kind of funny reading the Pats boards right now. They think a rebuild is a matter of "if you do X and then Y, you'll be back in contention by Z."  

They may be back competing, and they may not.  I remember when Shula was the feared coach - until the league caught up w/ him and he got older.  I'm not sure that I fear BB as much as I used to without Brady. I don't doubt his abilities as coach, but I don't think he's a great GM.  And it may take them as long to find a replacement for Brady as it has for us to replace Kelly.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think if you look at his good Tampa has been this year and how bad the pats have been, it tells a lot of that story. Brady has completely elevated that team to a SB contender. 

No, explain more the "masterful game manager" Brady is. Same (or almost same)Tampa  team with a careless Winston is a losing record team, the same NE team whit Brady, and his mistake free philosophy, clearly has a shoot to win yesterday