Chris Simms: The Bills are a perfect matchup for the Pats right now. Can't run, can't stop the run.

Thurman#1

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I understand his logic.  Same logic had him pick the Panthers to beat the Falcons....we know how that went down.

I love Florio's line about the Patriots..."They're the Terminator.  They're not dead until they're melted down and the liquid is dispersed over 5 different continents"

Here's wishing the Bills a good blast furnace and dispersal mechanism.

I think Stefon Digg's frustration and Josh Allen's self-doubt are being over-estimated, and Buffalo's inability to stop the run (provided they focus on that) is being under-estimated.

Hope you're right.

Simms doesn't claim to know what's going to happen. He wants to do his best to make the right prediction but knows he'll miss many. He wants to be thoughtful and have a line of thought that makes sense and gives him a good chance to be right.

IMO he achieved that there. Thoughtful. Makes sense. The Bills could certainly prove him wrong. That's what I'm hoping for. And yeah, I loved that Florio line as well.

What I really don't understand is the national media's refusal to just admit that this years version of the Patriots is just a bad football team. It's not disrespect or a "hot take" or sensationalism. Just take a look at the talent level across the board of the team they will be fielding today, IMHO on paper the players are pretty much on level with the Jets. The catch is the game is played on the field and not on paper. The Patriots big advantage over the Jets is with their organization and coaching staff and that's why their fans can have hope that they will NEVER play that bad, and they will recover with an influx of talent.

Some of the reasons they are bad are that they lost some darn good players to free agency, another wave of "talent drain" came when an inordinate amount of players opted out due to the covid flu, they've suffered injury loss (like every other team) to an already thin roster, and I don't think the Cam Newton "gamble" is paying off for them. I was one of the only people who thought that they had upgraded the QB position when Brady left and Newton was picked up. I STILL think a HEATHY Newton gives the Pats more options from the QB position and could more easily "cover up" the teams short comings at WR than todays Brady. After watching the last few Pats games it's my opinion he is NOT healthy, I think that shoulder injury a few years back was wayyyyyyyy worse than anyone thought and although it may have felt good to start the season it's pretty much FUBAR now.

I think the Bills success today depends on if the reputation of the Pats last decade and a half gotten into their heads and they are trying to beat those ghosts, or do they truly believe the Pats "mystic" is just so much laundry and what matters is the players wearing the uniforms.

3 hours ago, Beast said:

The Bills can 100% sell out to stop the run.

Newton and his wideouts should not do any harm today.

They better.  I really hope the Bills defense makes this adjustment.  Why do I get the feeling they won't make the adjustment. Hopefully I am wrong.

Agree 100%... This Bills team is infuriating for me....they are winning which I love. But they just have so many FLAWS I EXPECT them to lose every game at some point..I WANT them to win...but the deal is...they can not DECISIVELY beat ANYONE because the D is so BAD.... They NEVER TAKE ADVANTAGE of a teams WEAKNESS...its almost like they find that impossible to do.....and the Cure for any team thats got a ailing O and cant score points is...Play the Bills! They cant stop ANYTHING.....this is born out over years by pure factual experiences////

Go back Years now to Bills and I believe JP Losman....they are playing the Pats team thats DB's were DECIMATED with in jury so they started WR's converted to DB I think 2 of them...So as a Bills fan what SHOULD the Bills have been able to do well..PASS...they even if they didnt win...pass for 300+ yards with these WR posing as DB's//// Nope lost

Move to this year....Titans leagues WORST running D....Bills should get 200+ rushing...NOPE Bills get less than 100...

FFS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF TEAMS WEAKNESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  nope its the Bills they cant...

Todays game NE is a bad team....they are injury decimated....what SHOULD happen   Bills:28 NE 13

What probably WILL happen..Bills D makes the Pats O look like its a SB offense...Bills get run and passed over by a bad team with no weapons..simply because this is historically what the Bills do VS teams they should CRUSH... the Pats this year suck...the Jets sucked and the Bills BARELY could squeak one out Vs them.... I ALWAYS WANT THE BILLS TO WIN....I HAVE ZERO CONFIDENCE IN THEM DOING SO BECAUSE THEY ARE A TEAM THAT MAKES WINNING A TON HARDER VS BAD TEAMS THAN IT ACTUALLY IS...aks look to other good teams that play bad teams or teams with a weakness and EXPOSE it and win 38-10, 44-17 and such..thats something the Bills just CAN NOT do.

Last weeks game SHOULD have been 38-10 it was 18-10 instead.....  The Titans game should have been super close win or loss because the Bills SHOULD have had 200+ yards rushing...but instead they got blown out... This game should be like 35-13 or so because the Pats are BAD and injury riddled...But lest see just how Billsy these guys can make a easy game.....

On 10/30/2020 at 11:32 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Tennessee ran 34 times to 28 pass attempts.  Even considering that 4 of those rushes were Tannehill and likely to be scrambles, that's still pretty much even.

Derrick Henry ran 19 times for 57 yds, average of 3 ypc.  That was a season low for Henry, but not that much lower than 3 other games, and for another back/team, pretty good number of carries.  McCoy in his workhorse days with Philly/Buffalo averaged 14-20 carries/game.  So 30-34 carries ain't exactly minimalist in the run game.  (McNichols had 9)

That's what I'm saying. They knew we'd stack the box but they were fine with that. They didn't care that Henry only had 3 ypc because it allowed Tannehill to do whatever he wanted when he dropped back.

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Well, it was great for them that the Bills couldn't stop the run.

But the Bills proved they could run it themselves.

Was a half right prediction by Simms. I actually agreed with him going into the game and knew it be close overall game. It was great to see us follow the 49'er way to a W by straight pounding the Ball down their throats. 

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1