Jerry Hughes named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, ColeB said:

So, where was he the first 6 games?

Hughes has been playing well all year, it doesn't always show up on the stat sheet but his win and pressure % is top 10 in the league (#2 win rate behind TJ Watt as of now). The push up the middle has been lacking and the coverage spotty so sacks have been hard to get. Hughes has not been the problem on D imo.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So who got AFC special Teams player of the week?  While Bass missed two, making six field goals is still pretty impressive, thought he had a shot at that one too.  I'll guess the KC player who returned a kick for the TD??

yes

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

Hughes has been playing well all year, it doesn't always show up on the stat sheet but his win and pressure % is top 10 in the league (#2 win rate behind TJ Watt as of now). The push up the middle has been lacking and the coverage spotty so sacks have been hard to get. Hughes has not been the problem on D imo.

I haven't been too impressed with Hughes this year. Granted he took over the Jets game, he really brought that defense alive. But the other 5 games I just haven't seen it from him. Last year he didn't put up the sacks but you saw with your eyes how much he was getting pressure and disrupting things. But this year he isn't bursting off the edge like he used to. Hopefully we see more of the Hughes we saw in the Jets game and not the first 5.

3 hours ago, Cubanmist said:

I hate to be a stickler, but come on his performance came against the Jets with a beat up O-line. He should have had that outburst. Let’s see how he does against the better teams and then circle back around to this post to further discuss.

Charming 1st post. 🤦‍♂️

You'll find friends here. Unfortunately..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Cubanmist said:

I hate to be a stickler, but come on his performance came against the Jets with a beat up O-line. He should have had that outburst. Let’s see how he does against the better teams and then circle back around to this post to further discuss.

I don't think you know what stickler means.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, NewEra said:

Mostly on the left vs fant.

This.  Hughes has been playing the left the majority of the year

That’s what I noticed also. He’s been 100% right end forever, but this year he’s moved around, on right side a bunch. 

I love me some angry Jerry...

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Congrats to JH

The Old Junkyard Dog has a lot of fight left in him  :)

I couldn't Billieve it he was making plays like it was 6-7 years ago when Mario was on the other side....after the game was over I thought man he was just fabulous and player of the game.

I guess he still has Mario on the other side.....Addison ;)

• Like (+1) 1

Jeeeeeeeeerrrrrry!!!!!!

I know most of y’all want him gone next year because of his salary, but I don’t think he’s going anywhere.  He’s taken the leadership role by the horns and after losing Kyle than Lorenzo, I think McD wants him around.  And he’s not a bad player either.  He’s had his fair share of lost containment’s this season but he’s still our best pass rusher and can still be a difference maker.