Josh shoulder injury affecting his play?

DBilz2500

I know the injury is to his non throwing shoulder but since that injury he just doesn’t look the same and has started to revert back to some of his old bad habits. Do you think it is possibly playing a part in his mechanics and mental physique? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

LEFT Shoulder injury    

Not Right Shoulder.  

I understand it’s to his non throwing shoulder as I stated in the post. But maybe the injury is throwing off his body motion and torque. Just an observation 

• Like (+1) 2

I re-watched several plays and to me it looks like his throwing mechanics, release, body placement have been impacted by the left shoulder injury.  The support brace/sleeve he had on also looked to be greater than the week before.  They won't say it but I think the Chiefs knew this and tailored their defensive strategy to crowding the line and daring Allen to throw knowing his physical form is compromised by the injury which is altering his delivery.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I re-watched several plays and to me it looks like his throwing mechanics, release, body placement have been impacted by the left shoulder injury.  The support brace/sleeve he had on also looked to be greater than the week before.  They won't say it but I think the Chiefs knew this and tailored their defensive strategy to crowding the line and daring Allen to throw knowing his physical form is compromised by the injury which is altering his delivery.

This.  His offseason work focused on bringing his LEFT arm in tight during the throw (“taking a bite out of the hamburger” or whatever Cover1 was calling it).  He can’t do that as well, or without causing pain, and it’s throwing his mechanics totally out of whack.  That’s my theory, at least.  The ball seems to be sailing a lot more than it was pre-injury.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I dunno...that ball he fired all the way down the field to back of the end zone Diggs dropped seemed right on the money.

What do fans like to say about when Buffalo loses?

oh!  Right.  “Blueprint”

Maybe the Titans just started to show the league the “Blueprint” for Buffalo’s offense.  And then KC picked up that “Blueprint” and used it their own way, thus adding to the “Blueprint”.  Now other teams will see those “Blueprints” and try to follow those “Blueprints”.

Blueprint.

Yeah, the whole Blueprint thing is really annoying.

I think it is. Either the brace he is wearing is restricting his motion or he still has some pain and he's not torquing through his left side as much causing him to throw with more arm which was his problem the first two years. Watching the highlights of his good throws the first four games it was because his mechanics was a lot better with a more rotational torque motion getting his hips and shoulders through

• Like (+1) 2

When we beat the Jets this week our record will be 5-2. If we beat the Pats the following week our record will be 6-2. That's not a bad first 8. Even 5-3 wouldn't be a bad first 8. We need to get healthy. Milano is necessary and I'd rather have Levi out there than Norman getting a majority of the snaps at this point. Hopefully Ford's injury is not long term. Josh is already struggling for time in the pocket. Outside of Diggs and Beasley no one is getting open. Or when they are open they're not securing the catch. People are going to ride Josh and try to say everything is his fault because that's what clowns do. Anyone who actually watches the games and sees it for themselves know there are many factors to the performances the last two weeks. 

• Like (+1) 2

Not sure if it's due to injury, but I've noticed Josh Allen's mechanics falling off since the Raiders game.  

His throwing motion is definitely off, and it's resulting in numerous missed throws.

The offense is also struggling because our run blocking is pathetic, which also consistently puts us into 3rd and long situations.

Add in the injury to John Brown, which is hurting our ability to stretch the field.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This.  His offseason work focused on bringing his LEFT arm in tight during the throw (“taking a bite out of the hamburger” or whatever Cover1 was calling it).  He can’t do that as well, or without causing pain, and it’s throwing his mechanics totally out of whack.  That’s my theory, at least.  The ball seems to be sailing a lot more than it was pre-injury.

I have been thinking about this over the past two games. No hard evidence, but there is certainly a different look from Allen- post injury and wondered whether others had sensed it. We may all be crazy about this point- as opposed to the obvious 5 Alarm Tire Fire on D, but no doubt, we’ll find out at Season’s end.

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I dunno...that ball he fired all the way down the field to back of the end zone Diggs dropped seemed right on the money.

What do fans like to say about when Buffalo loses?

oh!  Right.  “Blueprint”

Maybe the Titans just started to show the league the “Blueprint” for Buffalo’s offense.  And then KC picked up that “Blueprint” and used it their own way, thus adding to the “Blueprint”.  Now other teams will see those “Blueprints” and try to follow those “Blueprints”.

Blueprint.

Yeah, the whole Blueprint thing is really annoying.

blueprint=copycat

• Like (+1) 1

All I know is he looked GREAT the first 4 games, then gets injured just before half and the brace goes on.

Looks off the next 2 games until late in the game yesterday he comes out for that last scoring drive WITHOUT the brace on, marches down the field in 2:33 and looks great.

Why would the brace suddenly come off in the 4th unless Josh felt it was affecting his game?

Time will tell, I have full faith that Josh is our franchise QB and will bounce back even better.

Our D on the other hand...

• Like (+1) 2

He’s missing some throws and the WRs ain’t catching other throws. It all adds up. Also had the Chiefs DBs taking blatant pass interference calls when we had good separation. It moves the chains but takes his stats down. Josh ain’t as accurate as he was earlier, maybe it is the shoulder, but there have been plays to made the he past two weeks that were left in the field