Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk: Blackmailing Advertisers Can ***** Off.

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

When they were banning, shadow banning conservatives on the regular the mantra was Twitter is a private company that can do what it wants.

True then. Still true now.

Therefore I'm only left to conclude that the kvetching is only about Twitter no longer being a leftist haven.

Twitter will be nothing more than the safe place @Foxxcreated for your clone. 

It’s so boring over there that’s why you are here.

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

When they were banning, shadow banning conservatives on the regular the mantra was Twitter is a private company that can do what it wants.

True then. Still true now.

Therefore I'm only left to conclude that the kvetching is only about Twitter no longer being a leftist haven.

Kvetching….nice! I’m going to have to use that three times in a sentence today. 

Wasn’t the entire purpose of Mr Musk buying the platform to eliminate the censorship? I can’t imagine people are all that upset about the lack of a foosball table in the staff lounge at a company where they don’t even work. 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I still don’t get it. Mr Musk owns the company. He can do whatever he wants with it. What’s all the blathering about? 

I don’t get it either, Deek. What is particularly interesting to me is that people who suggested that Twitter was a private enterprise and could do its own thang before, suddenly want to complain about Twitter doing its own thang now.  

@nedboy7 

Add “sometimes using thang instead of thing like it’s 1982” the list. 

The Apprentice

Some of Barry Manilow’s music. 
Opera. 

Thing/Thang. 

It’s not an all-inclusive list fyi. 

9 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Elon: I want anybody who is good at their job to question whether or not they should work for my company. 

Normies: That seems like it incentivizes good people to leave.

Weird Nerds: Elon is a genius and if you don’t get it, you’re dumb!

LOL. Yeah, what owner doesn’t want hard working people?  If you work at a law firm, do you think they want you to work remotely or only when you want?

43 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL. Yeah, what owner doesn’t want hard working people?  If you work at a law firm, do you think they want you to work remotely or only when you want?

There’s a difference between creating a culture that incentivizes your employees to work hard and creating a culture that incentivizes your best employees to leave. 

58 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

There’s a difference between creating a culture that incentivizes your employees to work hard and creating a culture that incentivizes your best employees to leave. 

The lazy ones appear to be leaving.  They're not the best employees.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

And how do you know that?

My point is that Musk could basically do the exact same thing but over 3-6 months instead of 3 weeks. It would allow for a more orderly approach that would avoid the pitfalls of having to rehire people he already laid off and wouldn’t create the MASSIVE legal exposure he’s currently facing. It also would allow the company to maintain stability which would have prevented the chaos that chased away advertisers and ensure that the top talent would stick around.

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

It’s a basic messaging platform that really hasn’t changed much since 10 guys coded it up and probably sits on a platform that autos scales and os patches in the cloud. Of the 7500 employees there they were probably doing about 500 employees worth of work. Once he pares that down he’ll have a nice cash generating machine. Which is good because it’s going to take decades to recoup that investment cost. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

And how do you know that?

My point is that Musk could basically do the exact same thing but over 3-6 months instead of 3 weeks. It would allow for a more orderly approach that would avoid the pitfalls of having to rehire people he already laid off and wouldn’t create the MASSIVE legal exposure he’s currently facing. It also would allow the company to maintain stability which would have prevented the chaos that chased away advertisers and ensure that the top talent would stick around.

I'm comfortable in my belief that if an employee that quits because they don't want to work hard and/or come back to the office,they aren't one of the best employees and are JAG.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm comfortable in my belief that if an employee that quits because they don't want to work hard and/or come back to the office,they aren't one of the best employees and are JAG.

Or maybe they are a good employee but value stability and/or time with their family. 

Or maybe simply saying “work harder” is just a really dumb thing that was literally a Simpsons joke about bad management so smart people saw the writing on the wall. 

I’m sure the other Silicon Valley firms are happy to scoop up all the new engineers out on the market. 

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Or maybe they are a good employee but value stability and/or time with their family. 

Or maybe simply saying “work harder” is just a really dumb thing that was literally a Simpsons joke about bad management so smart people saw the writing on the wall. 

I’m sure the other Silicon Valley firms are happy to scoop up all the new engineers out on the market. 

Doubtful. But hey, on the bright side, they’ll have more free time with their families…

• Haha (+1) 1