Ever seen a ghost?

EmotionallyUnstable

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’d rather go to bed hungry than eat too late at night.

I'm convinced every horror movie made has been conceived by somebody who ate a big meal right before bed...

I think those with sleep paralysis need to look heavily into their eating habits especially! Even those that could have real paranormal events occurring in that state I believe can find the strength to break that with simple changes to take back control from negative entities that can feed on that negativity induced by poor digestion.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I'm convinced every horror movie made has been conceived by somebody who ate a big meal right before bed...

I think those with sleep paralysis need to look heavily into their eating habits especially! Even those that could have real paranormal events occurring in that state I believe can find the strength to break that with simple changes to take back control from negative entities that can feed on that negativity induced by poor digestion.

So, Marley's ghost really was a bit of underdone potato? Of course Sherlock Holmes would be a rationalist . . .

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Is all plastic and cardboard bad or just stuff marketed as magical?

It is marketed as a kids game not as something supernatural...

Everything is fun and games until skeptics have a demon or multiple demons oppressing them or worse, then they will be begging for divine intervention or possibly committing suicide if they can't overcome it:cry:

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

So, Marley's ghost really was a bit of underdone potato? Of course Sherlock Holmes would be a rationalist . . .

I deduce it was that mixed with the undigested bit of beef and the crumb of cheese that kicked the whole ***** up night off:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back in the mid 80's we bought our first house from a friend of the family. It had been his grandmothers home. Mrs. Murphy was the previous owner and a beloved matriarch of the family. Our friends aunts had met us to show the house, we looked it over and the price was right, so we decided to buy it it. The aunts were wonderful and when we were chatting while standing outside, one of them looked at the house with a smile and said "Mom likes that you are here and is happy to have you". 

After moving in we spent about 3 weeks deciding what kind of renovations we wanted to do and started knocking down walls and tearing out everything. One discovery was a mattress we found in the attic, as well as a nightgown. We joked about it and said "Ooops, we found Mrs. Murphy's bedroom". My sister in law was there and she kind of paused and said, lets wash the nightgown and put it back with the mattress in a nice neat box (she was superstitious). We did it and put everything away in the attic which is not accessible.

After renovations things were fine, no ghosts or anything. We had our first son within the first year, and I remember dreaming one night that an older woman was taking care of our son, it was a comforting dream, not scary at all. At times, he would wake in the middle of the night, and before we could get to him, he would quiet down, as if being soothed or quieted by someone.  After our second son was born, we had outgrown the house and bought a new one and kept Mrs. Murphy's house as a rental. This is when some of the strange things started happening. One tenant said she would constantly hear footsteps up and down the stairs, like someone was looking for something or someone, but no actual sightings , a dish may end up being put away, or door that was previously open is now closed or anything but nothing spooky. 

A more recent set of tenants apparently connected with Mrs. Murphy and these were a bit unsettling. Two girls (mid 20's) were renting. They were "active" and sometimes may have had parties and people over that Mrs. Murphy would not have approved. One day, the girls were on the deck outside, they heard a crash and came in to find a framed photo of one of the girls and her most recent BF tossed across the room, 20 feet from its original place on the shelf. Also from the same shelf, a heavy speaker belonging to the BF had been tossed halfway across the room. Several other items on the same shelf were undisturbed.

Another event that they described was a pretty late party/hangout with friends that went late. Both girls went to bed after partying and left the kitchen a mess. In the middle of the night, the girl in the downstairs bedroom heard the water running and the dishes clanking and thought "Oh, Judy is up there cleaning up and I feel guilty". At the same time Judy hears the same thing, and thinks "Oh *****, I left that mess for Tara, I will hear about it in the morning". The next morning the girls woke up and found the dishes cleaned up, in the drying rack were all the dishes, clean and dried. On the edge of the sink, the towel was neatly folded (these girls were not clean freaks) and the room looked great. The counters were wiped down and neatened up, dishes done, everything in its place. Both girls recounted hearing the same noises, at the same time and admitted that they felt guilty allowing the other to do the work. Neither one was "sleepwalking/cleaning" since they both recall the same sounds and time of the night/morning. They have other stories they told, but those stand out.

Now my daughter and her fiancé live in the house, and other than the dog acting weirded out in the middle of the night, they haven't really had any good stories so far.  

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

No.

Because...they don't exist. 

Only angels and demons exist. 

3 hours ago, Guffalo said:

Back in the mid 80's we bought our first house from a friend of the family. It had been his grandmothers home. Mrs. Murphy was the previous owner and a beloved matriarch of the family. Our friends aunts had met us to show the house, we looked it over and the price was right, so we decided to buy it it. The aunts were wonderful and when we were chatting while standing outside, one of them looked at the house with a smile and said "Mom likes that you are here and is happy to have you". 

After moving in we spent about 3 weeks deciding what kind of renovations we wanted to do and started knocking down walls and tearing out everything. One discovery was a mattress we found in the attic, as well as a nightgown. We joked about it and said "Ooops, we found Mrs. Murphy's bedroom". My sister in law was there and she kind of paused and said, lets wash the nightgown and put it back with the mattress in a nice neat box (she was superstitious). We did it and put everything away in the attic which is not accessible.

After renovations things were fine, no ghosts or anything. We had our first son within the first year, and I remember dreaming one night that an older woman was taking care of our son, it was a comforting dream, not scary at all. At times, he would wake in the middle of the night, and before we could get to him, he would quiet down, as if being soothed or quieted by someone.  After our second son was born, we had outgrown the house and bought a new one and kept Mrs. Murphy's house as a rental. This is when some of the strange things started happening. One tenant said she would constantly hear footsteps up and down the stairs, like someone was looking for something or someone, but no actual sightings , a dish may end up being put away, or door that was previously open is now closed or anything but nothing spooky. 

A more recent set of tenants apparently connected with Mrs. Murphy and these were a bit unsettling. Two girls (mid 20's) were renting. They were "active" and sometimes may have had parties and people over that Mrs. Murphy would not have approved. One day, the girls were on the deck outside, they heard a crash and came in to find a framed photo of one of the girls and her most recent BF tossed across the room, 20 feet from its original place on the shelf. Also from the same shelf, a heavy speaker belonging to the BF had been tossed halfway across the room. Several other items on the same shelf were undisturbed.

Another event that they described was a pretty late party/hangout with friends that went late. Both girls went to bed after partying and left the kitchen a mess. In the middle of the night, the girl in the downstairs bedroom heard the water running and the dishes clanking and thought "Oh, Judy is up there cleaning up and I feel guilty". At the same time Judy hears the same thing, and thinks "Oh *****, I left that mess for Tara, I will hear about it in the morning". The next morning the girls woke up and found the dishes cleaned up, in the drying rack were all the dishes, clean and dried. On the edge of the sink, the towel was neatly folded (these girls were not clean freaks) and the room looked great. The counters were wiped down and neatened up, dishes done, everything in its place. Both girls recounted hearing the same noises, at the same time and admitted that they felt guilty allowing the other to do the work. Neither one was "sleepwalking/cleaning" since they both recall the same sounds and time of the night/morning. They have other stories they told, but those stand out.

Now my daughter and her fiancé live in the house, and other than the dog acting weirded out in the middle of the night, they haven't really had any good stories so far.  

I would of sold that place by now. Just walk around with a bible in the house, you won't have any problems then. 

5 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

No.

Because...they don't exist. 

That's pretty dogmatic. What is the basis of your certitude? Is it simple monism/materialist metaphysics?

If so, I don't see how that differs from other epistemological presuppositions, i.e., a certitude of faith.

If not, why not? How is knowing they don't exist preferable or more rational to agnosticism?

Certainly, there are strange events that have given rise to ghost stories, though, of course, one can plausibly

explain many of them without resort to spectral beings.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/9/2020 at 7:16 PM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I don’t see them as much as a “feel” their presence. Yes, I am afraid of the dark. 

hbu

I must say, the post subject (Ever seen a ghost?) and your screen name do fit together rather well. :)

Edited by Bill from NYC

The following was just a weird experience, not saying it was a ghost or not but it was something we could not explain. 

I was probably 17 or 18, driving back from a day at the beach at Sherkston.  I had a couple friends in the car and we had heard that there was a mansion being built about 3 mins off the main road that we were on.  We decided to go check it out for some reason.  We turn down the side road which was pavement until a certain point and then turns into gravel/dirt about half way down.  It's narrow so you'd have to kind of move to the side of the road if cars were coming from both directions.  As we pass onto the gravel we see a dated car in what seemed to be perfect condition parked on the side of the road.  Looked to be late 60's-early 70's era with 2 guys and 2 girls taking pictures of each other on the hood of the car.  They were in bathing suits and I can't remember what the camera looked like but I remember thinking that it was just a really weird scene.  As we veered around them, they were friendly, smiled and waved to us.  We got a couple hundred yards passed them and realized we were on the wrong street of the mansion and decided to turn around.  I did a three point turn and headed back towards where we came.  Right when I turned around I noticed that the car was gone.  Nothing.  It couldn't have been more than 30 seconds to a minute since we passed the group.  No dust from the car leaving, nothing.  This was only one long road too, ditch on both sides, with no houses, driveways, crossing streets, nothing. 

My buddies and I never could really explain it, but we all experienced the same thing.  

3 hours ago, Wooderson said:

The following was just a weird experience, not saying it was a ghost or not but it was something we could not explain. 

I was probably 17 or 18, driving back from a day at the beach at Sherkston.  I had a couple friends in the car and we had heard that there was a mansion being built about 3 mins off the main road that we were on.  We decided to go check it out for some reason.  We turn down the side road which was pavement until a certain point and then turns into gravel/dirt about half way down.  It's narrow so you'd have to kind of move to the side of the road if cars were coming from both directions.  As we pass onto the gravel we see a dated car in what seemed to be perfect condition parked on the side of the road.  Looked to be late 60's-early 70's era with 2 guys and 2 girls taking pictures of each other on the hood of the car.  They were in bathing suits and I can't remember what the camera looked like but I remember thinking that it was just a really weird scene.  As we veered around them, they were friendly, smiled and waved to us.  We got a couple hundred yards passed them and realized we were on the wrong street of the mansion and decided to turn around.  I did a three point turn and headed back towards where we came.  Right when I turned around I noticed that the car was gone.  Nothing.  It couldn't have been more than 30 seconds to a minute since we passed the group.  No dust from the car leaving, nothing.  This was only one long road too, ditch on both sides, with no houses, driveways, crossing streets, nothing. 

My buddies and I never could really explain it, but we all experienced the same thing.  

Time travelers? Not that I believe in time traveling. 

3 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Interesting story.  What's the best explanation you can come up with?

Did you ever reach a resolution of some kind as to what happened?

Yes, somewhat. I'm pretty sure it was my father. I was doing some work in the yard. When I was walking toward the tool shed, I saw out my peripheral vision  a

man wearing the same style of pants my dad used to wear. When I looked over in that direction, it was gone, but I smelled pipe tobacco. My Dad smoked a pipe

for a few years during my teenage years. There was no one in the yard nor neither my neighbors' yards either.

1 hour ago, RevWarRifleman said:

Yes, somewhat. I'm pretty sure it was my father. I was doing some work in the yard. When I was walking toward the tool shed, I saw out my peripheral vision  a

man wearing the same style of pants my dad used to wear. When I looked over in that direction, it was gone, but I smelled pipe tobacco. My Dad smoked a pipe

for a few years during my teenage years. There was no one in the yard nor neither my neighbors' yards either.

Strange things happen in life we cannot explain. I’m not so arrogant as to say I know what they mean, I just find myself wondering. That’s all I can do. 

On 10/30/2020 at 12:52 PM, Nextmanup said:

Interesting story.  What's the best explanation you can come up with?

Did you ever reach a resolution of some kind as to what happened?

Never really looked into it further.  I don't think I've been back that way since that day.  Just kind of a weird experience that I don't think I'll ever have an answer to.  Maybe there was a side road that I didn't notice or some other reasonable explanation but nothing I could come up with that day. 

On 10/14/2020 at 9:23 PM, Sherlock Holmes said:

Ive had sleep paralysis once.  It was very scary, it began in a freaky dream and continued when I woke up.   So in my dream, I am in this dark, yet clean kitchen, my GF  is there and she introduces me to this odd looking man.  White, bald, dark cloths tall and a eery look.  I get vreeped out as she tries to introduce me, Im like no I dont like him there is something wrong.  He is silent with this Evil grin on his face.  After she tries to convince me I said no thanks, i dont need to get to know him, walked into another room, laid on the bed and started saying the our father prayer.  At this point I havent been in a church for almost 20 years mind you.

As I am praying this entity comes in, and is standing over me, CHOKING ME.  At this point its a struggle and I am saying the prayer as i am struggling. At this point I wake up, however I am still praying out loud, still being choked and can NOT move.  It took every ounce of energy I had to be able to break that feeling of being choked and simply sit up.  My GF was laying next to me and woke up in a panic as she heard me struggling

Scariest ***** ever

True story

I have had multiple other experiences, and yes I do believe in Ghosts, "demons" and "guardians/ Guardian Angels"  I think there is much more to the universe than we truly understand at this point and my personal experiences have made me go from a non believer in the supernatural/unexplained to a believer.  

Edited by TBBills Fan

19 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Ive had sleep paralysis once.  It was very scary, it began in a freaky dream and continued when I woke up.   So in my dream, I am in this dark, yet clean kitchen, my GF  is there and she introduces me to this odd looking man.  White, bald, dark cloths tall and a eery look.  I get vreeped out as she tries to introduce me, Im like no I dont like him there is something wrong.  He is silent with this Evil grin on his face.  After she tries to convince me I said no thanks, i dont need to get to know him, walked into another room, laid on the bed and started saying the our father prayer.  At this point I havent been in a church for almost 20 years mind you.

As I am praying this entity comes in, and is standing over me, CHOKING ME.  At this point its a struggle and I am saying the prayer as i am struggling. At this point I wake up, however I am still praying out loud, still being choked and can NOT move.  It took every ounce of energy I had to be able to break that feeling of being choked and simply sit up.  My GF was laying next to me and woke up in a panic as she heard me struggling

Scariest ***** ever

True story

I have had multiple other experiences, and yes I do believe in Ghosts, "demons" and "guardians/ Guardian Angels"  I think there is much more to the universe than we truly understand at this point and my personal experiences have made me go from a non believer in the supernatural/unexplained to a believer.  

Thank you for sharing your experience! That sounds absolutely terrifying.

It seems a common theme is involved, Always darkness, as well as negative entities.

I know this is a weird question, but do you happen to remember what you ate that night of your experience? Do you know how close to bed you ate?

Would love to hear other experiences you have had that turned you from sceptic to believer!

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

17 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Thank you for sharing your experience! That sounds absolutely terrifying.

It seems a common theme is involved, Always darkness, as well as negative entities.

I know this is a weird question, but do you happen to remember what you ate that night of your experience? Do you know how close to bed you ate?

Would love to hear other experiences you have had that turned you from sceptic to believer!

I didnt eat that close to bed and I do not remember what I ate.

Okay, here is another interesting experience.  MY aunt who lives in NY, went to a psychic.  She is a smart woman and also a skeptic so she didnt provide really any infomation, certainly none about her adult nephew.  Now with that said let me go back a little bit, my grandfather was really the patriarch of our family.  He passed away on my wedding day.  Literally, oh and I am also his first born Grandson.

So YEARS later my aunt goes to see the psychic.  Well my Grandfather showed up...which I believe does happen as our guardian angels I NOW believe are family, loved ones that passed away.

Well during this reading the psychic said my Grandfather had a message for me and made a joke about something I did.  The message was personal, so I wont get into the details of that part, but it was VERY accurate.

I dont want this to sound racist or anything, but heres the funny part.  About 2 years prior to my aunt seeing this psychic, my other uncle had a HUGE 50th birthday bash, banquet, people from all over, live band etc....well at the time I couldnt make it at the beginning, was in the process of a nasty Divorce but had a date for the event.  I didnt mention I had a date or anything like that to my family.  Well my date was this beautiful African American woman ( MY family is Italian) and we showed up during a speech so literally the entire party stopped as we entered.  No big deal, Candace and I had a great night, my family welcomed her and everything but Candace and I totally enjoyed shocking the ***** out of everyone and had a good laugh about it

Now here is the funny part, my Grandfather told my aunt through the Medium that he thought it was hilarious and got a huge kick how I shocked everyone at my uncles Birthday when I brought the black girl, as he was very much a prankster who was always joking around and liked to catch people off guard.

I heard this story from my aunt, about 6 months after she visited the psychic.

No way a Psychic could have fished and obtained such info prior to the reading, no way.  So....

Edited by TBBills Fan

1 hour ago, TBBills Fan said:

Scariest ***** ever

True story

I have sleep paralysis happen a good amount. I also have severe sleep apnea

I believe sometimes my sleep deprivation, causes the paralysis

Okay, here is another interesting experience.  MY aunt who lives in NY, went to a psychic.  She is a smart woman and also a skeptic so she didnt provide really any infomation, certainly none about her adult nephew.  Now with that said let me go back a little bit, my grandfather was really the patriarch of our family.  He passed away on my wedding day.  Literally, oh and I am also his first born Grandson.

So YEARS later my aunt goes to see the psychic.  Well my Grandfather showed up...which I believe does happen as our guardian angels I NOW believe are family, loved ones that passed away.

Well during this reading the psychic said my Grandfather had a message for me and made a joke about something I did.  The message was personal, so I wont get into the details of that part, but it was VERY accurate.

I dont want this to sound racist or anything, but heres the funny part.  About 2 years prior to my aunt seeing this psychic, my other uncle had a HUGE 50th birthday bash, banquet, people from all over, live band etc....well at the time I couldnt make it at the beginning, was in the process of a nasty Divorce but had a date for the event.  I didnt mention I had a date or anything like that to my family.  Well my date was this beautiful African American woman ( MY family is Italian) and we showed up during a speech so literally the entire party stopped as we entered.  No big deal, Candace and I had a great night, my family welcomed her and everything but Candace and I totally enjoyed shocking the ***** out of everyone and had a good laugh about it

Now here is the funny part, my Grandfather told my aunt through the Medium that he thought it was hilarious and got a huge kick how I shocked everyone at my uncles Birthday when I brought the black girl, as he was very much a prankster who was always joking around and liked to catch people off guard.

No way a Psychic could have fished and obtained such info prior to the reading, no way.  So....

That's a crazy story lol 

I think it is very obvious there are people who can communicate with entities when they choose to. I mean you could if you wanted but it opens up opportunities for lots of negative things so why risk it?

Glad you got to enjoy a message from your Grandfather!

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

What do you eat on the days it happens and how close to bed?

Also, I believe a huge contributing factor is indeed sleep apnea. I have noticed when I jolt out of a near paralyzation that I have stopped breathing and have confirmed with my wife. I awake and am dragged literally back into consciousness as I regain my 1st breathe every time.

Sleep deprivation is another important factor as your Pineal gland is affected and is in charge of producing Melatonin which helps with our circadian rhythms. This Melatonin production is wonked up effectively causing the same effect that indigestion does!

6 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

What do you eat on the days it happens and how close to bed?

Also, I believe a huge contributing factor is indeed sleep apnea. I have noticed when I jolt out of a near paralyzation that I have stopped breathing and have confirmed with my wife. I awake and am dragged literally back into consciousness as I regain my 1st breathe every time.

Sleep deprivation is another important factor as your Pineal gland is affected and is in charge of producing Melatonin which helps with our circadian rhythms. This Melatonin production is wonked up effectively causing the same effect that indigestion does!

The third eye....

59 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Im sure it could. Sometimes there is a solid answer to odd or seemingly unexplainable things

For me, it was that one time hasnt happened since and never happened before that.....Im 42.

On the topic of unexplainable, check out the movie "The 4th kind", anyone who is enjoying this thread, sceptics or believers will enjoy that movie.  It includes audio and video from the people involved at the time and really gives you something to think about regarding our minds, hypnosis and the unexplained...people dissapearing, killing themself or being murdered...by aliens

Short of it, a shrink in Alaska used hypnosis to help clients remember their abductions and chaos ensues 

The third eye....

Im sure it could. Sometimes there is a solid answer to odd or seemingly unexplainable things

For me, it was that one time hasnt happened since and never happened before that.....Im 42.

Exactly, Pineal gland is also known to be involved in spiritual experiences... 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Exactly, Pineal gland is also known to be involved in spiritual experiences... 

and much more....its the doorway we havent evolved enough to open....DMT is quite a journey from what I understand.  I havent had an opportunity to try it

• Thank you (+1) 1

and much more....its the doorway we havent evolved enough to open....DMT is quite a journey from what I understand.  I havent had an opportunity to try it

I dont think evolution is necessary... I think optimum functionality of the Pineal Gland is. To have that we have to have clean,  high functioning cells and high energy.

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I dont think evolution is necessary... I think optimum functionality of the Pineal Gland is. To have that we have to have clean,  high functioning cells and high energy.

Huh, and all this time I thought peyote was the key.   🤷‍♂️

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

On the topic of unexplainable, check out the movie "The 4th kind", anyone who is enjoying this thread, sceptics or believers will enjoy that movie.  It includes audio and video from the people involved at the time and really gives you something to think about regarding our minds, hypnosis and the unexplained...people dissapearing, killing themself or being murdered...by aliens

Short of it, a shrink in Alaska used hypnosis to help clients remember their abductions and chaos ensues 

I watched that movie with my wife and daughter a few years ago, terrifying. Anyway, the next day, my wife and daughter travelled up to the family cottage in Ridgeway/Crystal beach area and I was flying up a few days later. The cottage is in the woods and surrounded by trees and owls can be heard in the woods. Anyway, when I arrived, they both looked like hell, they had no sleep for two nights, they were cursing me out for "making them watch the movie" . To this day my daughter rejects anything with an owl on it, and still rolls her eyes whenever I point out something cute with an owl. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

Never trust a bald guy.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/3/2020 at 10:52 PM, Guffalo said:

I watched that movie with my wife and daughter a few years ago, terrifying. Anyway, the next day, my wife and daughter travelled up to the family cottage in Ridgeway/Crystal beach area and I was flying up a few days later. The cottage is in the woods and surrounded by trees and owls can be heard in the woods. Anyway, when I arrived, they both looked like hell, they had no sleep for two nights, they were cursing me out for "making them watch the movie" . To this day my daughter rejects anything with an owl on it, and still rolls her eyes whenever I point out something cute with an owl. 

thats hilarious and I can see why.  What a freaky movie.  And the way they included video and audio from the actual sessions really made it quite a scary flick

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.