MNF: Pats* at Chiefs 7:05 pm CBS

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Fans being fans...? But more importantly you know who Stidham is after barely a quarter of football? 

Well I think we're now going to find out. If Cam doesn't start their next game it will be Stidham and not Hoyer IMO. Should have been yesterday too. Stidham is a raw rookie but he's way more talented than Hoyer. He has a chance to be a good player, not Brady good, but good enuf to start. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think, more importantly, the pats know who he is. The fact he had been Inactive for 3 weeks before this game and unable to beat out hoyer for the backup position says they don’t think he’s very good. Doesn’t matter what fans think. Cam is on a one year Deal and they drafted this kid but they didn’t want to see what he has until they had no choice. By the way he has as many TD passes so far as Cam. 

Or there is nothing wrong with having the kid wait and maturity into the role?

Because you're drafted doesn't mean you need to immediately start playing if you are not ready yet. This is the most important position on the team. Only dumb franchises make dumb decisions.

Mind you he got injured in camp. Fitzpatrick is playing over Tagovailoa right now, Tyrol Taylor started over Herbert....

And what does Stidham having as many throwing TDs as Cam is suppose to mean?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, starrymessenger said:

Well I think we're now going to find out. If Cam doesn't start their next game it will be Stidham and not Hoyer IMO. Should have been yesterday too. Stidham is a raw rookie but he's way more talented than Hoyer. He has a chance to be a good player, not Brady good, but good enuf to start. 

Many feel it was an indictment on stidham that he didn’t beat out hoyer for the QB2 role. I have to agree. He has to be a better option than hoyer for so many reasons. So what went wrong over the summer. No way were the pats planning to go with hoyer as their starter before signing cam to that little deal after FA. 

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Many feel it was an indictment on stidham that he didn’t beat out hoyer for the QB2 role. I have to agree. He has to be a better option than hoyer for so many reasons. So what went wrong over the summer. No way were the pats planning to go with hoyer as their starter before signing cam to that little deal after FA. 

YOLO, was it my imagination or were some during the off-season calling him the second best QB in the division, just behind Darnold?

I'm not making this up and being sarcastic.  I thought I read that somewhere. 

EDIT:  Nate posted it just a bit ago.

Keegan from the Boston Herald wrote it.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/06/10/and-the-best-qb-in-the-afc-east-is-jarrett-stidham-of-the-patriots/

As Bugs Bunny would say, what a Maroon!  🤣

EDIT 2:  Its not available to read on my end.  It doesn't even say I need a subscription.  It just goes away after a moment when I get there.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

9 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

YOLO, was it my imagination or were some during the off-season calling him the second best QB in the division, just behind Darnold?

I'm not making this up and being sarcastic.  I thought I read that somewhere. 

I honestly don’t remember. I never believed they were going to roll with stidham but most of the talking heads insisted they loved him. 

12 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Or there is nothing wrong with having the kid wait and maturity into the role?

Because you're drafted doesn't mean you need to immediately start playing if you are not ready yet. This is the most important position on the team. Only dumb franchises make dumb decisions.

Mind you he got injured in camp. Fitzpatrick is playing over Tagovailoa right now, Tyrol Taylor started over Herbert....

And what does Stidham having as many throwing TDs as Cam is suppose to mean?

If you paid attention at all, he was supposed to start before they signed cam and even then Belichick made it sound like cam wasn’t a lock to start. From that, to not even QB 2 and inactive. It’s your team that was dumb for thinking that by your own logic 

you can decide for yourself what it means to you that Cam has 2 TD passes in 3 games. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Why are there so many Pats defenders on this board? F the pats. I smile every time I see them lose. They did put up a good fight playing good D, but lets face it . They made a huge mistake walking away from Brady. Cam is not going to take them to the playoffs. Hoyer/Stidman sure the F aren't either. See you guys on Nov 1st. Can't wait to hear the excuses then too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There can be many reasons for this besides the one that says the kids no good. We don't know just how BB would tend to manage his QBs in a situation such as the one they are experiencing because they never had to before. And we don't even know if Stidham is 100%.

I have nothing to go on but what I see. In Stidham I think I see a guy who has the physical ability to play the position and he doesn't seem to me to have the mentality of a confirmed backup. Not much to go on but I'd be willing to wager that if its not Cam next time it will be Stidham. Hoyer is abominable. He's a marginal backup at best.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If you paid attention at all, he was supposed to start before they signed cam and even then Belichick made it sound like cam wasn’t a lock to start. From that, to not even QB 2 and inactive. It’s your team that was dumb for thinking that by your own logic 

Did BB ever come out at any point and said before or after acquiring Cam Newton that Stidham was going to be the next starter for the pats

He never said that. The most you got out of BB that Stidham is improving. BB never gives the media anything..so why would he ever come out before the season start and let the media, his opponents and fans know what his plan is?? I am not the one that has to pay attention it seems

How is the team dumb??? Because of Tom Brady they were never in the market for a first round QB, they have a former mvp QB for pennies right now who has been affective and if they want can resign him next year or even franchise tag him

Oh and last but not least..they are still competitive in and out the division?

They are dumb how again?

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, starrymessenger said:

There can be many reasons for this besides the one that says the kids no good. We don't know just how BB would tend to manage his QBs in a situation such as the one they are experiencing because they never had to before. And we don't even know if Stidham is 100%.

I have nothing to go on but what I see. In Stidham I think I see a guy who has the physical ability to play the position and he doesn't seem to me to have the mentality of a confirmed backup. Not much to go on but I'd be willing to wager that if its not Cam next time it will be Stidham. Hoyer is abominable. He's a marginal backup at best.

Sure with the situation yesterday they “trusted” hoyer more. What about the 3 weeks before that? Yeah there is no way hoyer plays if cam is out again. 

Just now, Ghost_002! said:

Did BB ever come out at any point and said before or after acquiring Cam Newton that Stidham was going to be the next starter for the pats

He never said that. The most you got out of BB that Stidham is improving. BB never gives the media anything..so why would he ever come out before the season start and let the media, his opponents and fans know what his plan is?? I am not the one that has to pay attention it seems

How is the team dumb??? Because of Tom Brady they were never in the market for a first round QB, they have a former mvp QB for pennies right now who has been affective and if they want can resign him next year or even franchise tag him

Oh and last about not least..they are still competitive in and out the division?

They are dumb how again?

There were "reports" that the Pats were happy with Stidham and expecting him to start, but yeah. Reports are just reports.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

There were "reports" that the Pats were happy with Stidham and expecting him to start, but yeah. Reports are just reports.

Cam was signed on July 1st. Even I am not buying any BS that they never had a plan in place for stidham starting. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Why are there so many Pats defenders on this board? F the pats. I smile every time I see them lose.

We actually have had a share of BIlls fans who are not convinced the Pats* are cheaters.

Embarrassingly unbelievable, but true.

8 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Oh and last but not least..they are still competitive in and out the division?

They are dumb how again?

Literally no one said they aren’t “competitive”... are you questioning  in your head?

54 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Fans being fans...? But more importantly you know who Stidham is after barely a quarter of football? 

Of course I don't know who he is going to be. I don't really think he played all that bad considering the circumstances. I remember hearing all off season, before the Pat's signed Cam, about how they already had the next Brddy on the roster. I find that comical. I also find it pretty comical how passionate you are defending the Pat's on a Bills forum. 

Edited by Scott7975

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Of course I don't know who he is going to be. I don't really think he played all that bad considering the circumstances. I remember hearing all off season, before the Pat's signed Cam, about how they already had the next Brddy on the roster. I find that comical. I also find it pretty comical how passionate you are defending the Pat's on a Bills forum.

I know..I know...how dare I come on here and discuss football in a football thread.

11 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Are you? 

Poster who seems really really bent on talking about a 4th round pick at QB.

I have no idea what you are trying to argue, Ghost. Seems like made up drama in your head. No one disparaged your team, it’s Pretty normal to discuss the QB situations of other teams. 

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sure with the situation yesterday they “trusted” hoyer more. What about the 3 weeks before that? Yeah there is no way hoyer plays if cam is out again. 

Or maybe Bill and his OC are more comfortable with the traditional (outdated?) philosophy of sitting the rook and going with the vet for a while. Pats also don't have a good veteran receiving corps to help a raw QB. No Brown/Diggs/Beasley there. Edelman seems to be on the downside of his career. The pick was just awful, and on him.

Pats do have a decent run game. All they were asking Hoyer to do was hand the ball off and make the occasional throw to keep the opposing D honest. He has so little to offer in the passing game that he couldn't get it done.

It was'nt your comment but seeing possible upside in a Hoyer replacement is not being a second class Bill's fan. It's just trying to ensure that you better know your enemy. And NE is our competition in the AFC East.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have no idea what you are trying to argue, Ghost. Seems like made up drama in your head. No one disparaged your team, it’s Pretty normal to discuss the QB situations of other teams. 

Yes, the second time you want to conclude something is wrong rather than talking about "the QB".

Skipped past all my other "QB" points to being up false assumptions. Ok.

45 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Yes, the second time you want to conclude something is wrong rather than talking about "the QB".

Skipped past all my other "QB" points to being up false assumptions. Ok.

It’s fair to question why stidham ended up QB3. Whether you want to hear it or not. There was so little media access at TC, it is a question many people are asking. What happened - did they actually intend to start hoyer prior to July 1? That can’t be it. Did they intend to start stidham, then? As you said - that would be “dumb”. July 1 is very late to decide hey, let’s sign a starting QB. Hopefully he turns out to be good enough to be the backup. He thought he was the starter though, at least, at one time 

197507D6-5678-4DEF-B1F7-B07B51AEF16E.jpeg

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

It has to suck seeing Brady throw 5 TDs on Sunday and then sit through that last night. Also mahomes is now getting all the favorable calls from the refs that Brady used to get, had to be infuriating. At least cam could be back this week 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

Watching the replay of that game, I felt like if all things are equal when we play each of these teams, that we would have a harder time against the Pats* than we would against the Chiefs.

Yes,  I get this feeling too.  But both are beatable on any given sunday.

The late, late whistle on the play where Mahomes fumbled or threw an INT, but was supposedly whistled dead when he was in the grasp....

Had the goat screaming at the refs, and while he did that and did not challenge, KC quickly lined up and punted his options away. He did have a point, any way you look at those replays that was either a sack fumble or an INT if it got past the line....

The quality of officiating has gotten steadily worse under Rivera.

Edited by WideNine