Allen 2020 stats (MVP in any other year): 69.2% comp, 7.9 YPA, 107.2 Passer Rating, 46 TDs, 16 TOs (End of season talk starts pg 32)

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I disagree with the Chiefs.  They have looked quite vulnerable all year.  Even with the Bills playing at their worst essentially, we were within one score late in the 4th.  And keep in mind, we had injuries and Allen was playing hurt too.  Still deserve to be the favorite of course, but just saying not seeing this "head and shoulders" above the rest status. 

I think we can beat the Chiefs.  Not saying its easy, but I really think we can beat the Chiefs in the playoffs as long as our team is healthy.  I think there are other teams that can upset the Chiefs in the playoffs too.  Dont get me wrong, I would peg the Chiefs as certainly the leading favorite to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl, and honestly to win the SB.  But, just saying they don't appear head and shoulders better and look beatable to me.  Raiders beat them, Chargers in a rookies first start almost beat them, Panthers almost beat them, we were playing our worst football and hung in there until the very end still.  

I think us, Pitt, Balt, and Tenn will all play them tough, and they will obviously see some collection of those teams in the playoffs.   

They dont turn it over and are borderline a lock to put up 400 yards.  Their defense has held their own and is currently 6th in points, 13th in yards, and 11th in takeaways.  

That is always going to be a tough team to beat.  

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EDIT: Formerly "Allen has arrived" to be updated each week   Welcome to the age of having a superstar QB folks.

A fellow TSW poster bet me $100 he would not be a 60% passer or better before the season began.  He honorably reached out to me a few days ago and paid me without me even asking him about it yet.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

They dont turn it over and are borderline a lock to put up 400 yards.  Their defense has held their own and is currently 6th in points, 13th in yards, and 11th in takeaways.  

That is always going to be a tough team to beat.  

I didn’t say they would be easy though.  I literally said it won’t be easy.  I disputed they are heads and shoulders above the rest.  That lost to Raiders and had several other narrow wins against lesser teams.  

Like I said, they are favorites still for the SB, but they aren’t unbeatable.  

5 hours ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Your math is wrong. He's got 24 TDs in 9 games. Over 16 games, he's on pace for 43 TDs.

You're absolutely right. I think he'll get above that 43 mark. There was a couple of lost tds by Davis & Kroft. I don't see him having anymore 0 td games like the Jets. I think 45 total is doable. 

On 11/6/2020 at 12:55 PM, MJS said:

Give it a rest, buddy. How long will your crusade against this team last?

Allen is top 10 in passing yards and passing TD's and has gotten his team to 6 wins. He is top 10 in passer rating. 13 QB's have thrown more INT's than him (he's tied at 5 INT's with 8 other QB's). He is top 5 in QBR. 67% passer completion percentage.

It's just dumb to continue to talk about how bad he has been playing.

High Football IQ is an “odd handle” for this cat

On 11/9/2020 at 6:29 PM, buffalo2218 said:

Wow, Allen had 20 passing TDs the whole year last year. He may surpass 40 at this rate. If this defense balls out the rest of the year like yesterday, he could hit 50

It really just is amazing.

I honestly think the most critical aspect of Josh's success has been continuity in OC with Daboll, which is the antithesis of what's happened with his buddy Darnold.

I just really hope Dorsey is being groomed as Daboll's replacement next year to maintain that continuity.

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It really just is amazing.

I honestly think the most critical aspect of Josh's success has been continuity in OC with Daboll, which is the antithesis of what's happened with his buddy Darnold.

I just really hope Dorsey is being groomed as Daboll's replacement next year to maintain that continuity.

Quite honestly, I’m not so sure Daboll would leave. He’s got a good thing goin in Buffalo and IIRC he’s also a Buffalo native. Plus I think the bond he’s formed with Allen could keep him in Buffalo. I’m not sure the Pegulas wouldn’t make him an offer he couldn’t refuse 

17 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

High Football IQ is an “odd handle” for this cat

Been saying the same thing for the last 2 weeks regarding that dude. Goes back to one of my philosophies, which is basically if a person or a business has to tell you who they are then they are probability not it. For example " Reliable Auto Sales"  " Dependable Paving"  to name a few.

im going to add to this conversation and talk about mvp candidate's name on left and stats josh allen has better 

Mahomes< Josh has 68.9% accuracy 3% more.  = same yards per pass 8.2. most other stats mahomes wins (for me hes #1 mvp candidate)

Rogers< Josh has 3.3% more accuracy < Josh has 234 more total yards < .2 more per pass < Allen has 35 more pass attended (more attended better numbers.. interesting)

Rogers is better in td/ int # and ratio but josh owns the rest

I say Mahomes likely wins mvp unless something big happens. where josh falls behind in passing td he catches up in rushing td and we are not even talking about rushing yet so lets get to that...

Josh has 90 more rushing yards and 3 more rushing td then mahomes 5 rush td total

Rogers 0 rush td  61 rushing yards

when you combine total td 

Josh 25 total td

Mahomes  26 total td

Rogers 24 total td

Total combined yards

Josh 2,827

Mahomes 2,752

Rogers 2,314

So when you equal up total yards + total td its tie total td Josh leads total yards and the total td is about even.

And by the way.. one more thing to add for all you accuracy nuts that still say Josh is not accurate based on completion % witch WAS the narative.

% leaders 

Josh Allen ranks #6 in league in passing percent 68.9% for the year

bleeping right Josh needs to be in the conversation 

• Like (+1) 2
6 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Been saying the same thing for the last 2 weeks regarding that dude. Goes back to one of my philosophies, which is basically if a person or a business has to tell you who they are then they are probability not it. For example " Reliable Auto Sales"  " Dependable Paving"  to name a few.

What a perfect analogy! Everytime I see that person post it leaves me perplexed and baffled. 

6 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

im going to add to this conversation and talk about mvp candidate's name on left and stats josh allen has better 

Mahomes< Josh has 68.9% accuracy 3% more.  = same yards per pass 8.2. most other stats mahomes wins (for me hes #1 mvp candidate)

Rogers< Josh has 3.3% more accuracy < Josh has 234 more total yards < .2 more per pass < Allen has 35 more pass attended (more attended better numbers.. interesting)

Rogers is better in td/ int # and ratio but josh owns the rest

I say Mahomes likely wins mvp unless something big happens. where josh falls behind in passing td he catches up in rushing td and we are not even talking about rushing yet so lets get to that...

Josh has 90 more rushing yards and 3 more rushing td then mahomes 5 rush td total

Rogers 0 rush td  61 rushing yards

when you combine total td 

Josh 25 total td

Mahomes  26 total td

Rogers 24 total td

Total combined yards

Josh 2,827

Mahomes 2,752

Rogers 2,314

So when you equal up total yards + total td its tie total td Josh leads total yards and the total td is about even.

And by the way.. one more thing to add for all you accuracy nuts that still say Josh is not accurate based on completion % witch WAS the narative.

% leaders 

Josh Allen ranks #6 in league in passing percent 68.9% for the year

bleeping right Josh needs to be in the conversation 

I don't know if Mahomes had any TD's take away but Josh had that Davis play ruled incorrectly so he should also have 26 total TDs.  

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't know if Mahomes had any TD's take away but Josh had that Davis play ruled incorrectly so he should also have 26 total TDs.  

That play was actually ruled correctly. The penalty was on the opposite side of the field where Diggs was covering up Gilliam. Stupid rule, but clear and obvious penalty.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

That play was actually ruled correctly. The penalty was on the opposite side of the field where Diggs was covering up Gilliam. Stupid rule, but clear and obvious penalty.

Sorry.  Meant the Davis sideline tightrope one on Sunday.

Edited by Doc

I don't even know what to say.

I'm sure we all thought we'd win after that TD pass to Diggs.

Just so disheartened. All we can do is move on and use the bye to get healthy and get better.

This game really doesn't swing the needle one way or another for Allen. Great final drive, but the INTs were no good, and while one looked like miscommunication, the other appeared to be on Allen.

I don't know why we still bother with the run game as much as we do. Just go 5 wide and let Allen throw it and occasionally run the draw play to keep the D honest.

Onto LA

• Like (+1) 1
  • transplantbillsfan changed the title to Allen 2020 stats (MVP in any other year): 69.2% comp, 7.9 YPA, 107.2 Passer Rating, 46 TDs, 16 TOs (End of season talk starts pg 32)