“Cut Shots” that we missed yesterday....

4_kidd_4

On 9/14/2020 at 3:49 PM, Gugny said:

Those wings have way too much sauce.

There is definately something wrong in this picture, but it isn't "too much sauce". That's how wings are properly sauced. You can plate them by picking them out of the bowl individually or (for very saucy wings--think Duffs) you can pour the entire bowl onto a plate.

On 9/14/2020 at 4:20 PM, WhoTom said:

Also, it looks like a mustard sauce, not the authentic Frank's RedHot.

Winner, winner. First thing I noticed was the putrid color of the sauce. Keep the mustard outta the damn wing sauce.

23 minutes ago, The Dean said:

There is definately something wrong in this picture, but it isn't "too much sauce". That's how wings are properly sauced. You can plate them by picking them out of the bowl individually or (for very saucy wings--think Duffs) you can pour the entire bowl onto a plate.

I've heard horrible things about Duff's from trusted sources - specifically with regard to being too soggy/saucy - so I won't go.

Bar Bill, on the other hand, hand brushes sauce (the perfect amount) onto their wings.  And I consider Bar Bill wings to be the best on the planet.

On 9/14/2020 at 1:51 PM, WhoTom said:

There was a Niagara Falls shot, but no wing tossing, sausage grilling, lake front, or city skyline.

I didn’t see them either. With the lack of Elvis and other character shots, I’d have expected ALL the options....maybe repeatedly. After all, a few wings in the first half does NOT preclude some second half wings......from my experience. 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I've heard horrible things about Duff's from trusted sources - specifically with regard to being too soggy/saucy - so I won't go.

Bar Bill, on the other hand, hand brushes sauce (the perfect amount) onto their wings.  And I consider Bar Bill wings to be the best on the planet.

I've only had wings at BarBill once. They were good. But I can't imagine when very busy, how they individually hand paint each wing separately. Sounds impossible. But since I've never seen it in person, I can't say it isn't true.

But I'm not sure the method of distributing sauce matters as much as the amount of sauce used (and the sauce itself, of course). Wings tossed in sauce, as in the picture posted here, can be taken out with tongs and shaken a time or two, and they are completely sauced with no excess. For those who like them saucy and VERY hot, they can be served that way, as well. 

Down here in Florida, I know when a place has no clue when the wings are barely sauced and there is no excess on the plate.

There was a place in Niagara Falls that had GREAT wings back in the 70's-80's. They sauced their wings differently than I have seen anywhere. They had big bowls/vats of Hot/Medium/Mild sauce (maybe others, I can't remember). They put the wings in a strainer and dipped them into the big vats of sauce. Once, twice---maybe three times. I have to say it was an efficient way to really sauce the wings. Oh, it was called Tally Ho. And no, no relationship to Rick's Tally Ho as far a I know. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

PETT (People for the Ethical Treatment of Tables) needs to get their hands on this evidence of abuse!

Are you sure the table wasn't at fault here?  I think we need the video!

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think if you use the “toss & dump” method on your wings, the “excess” should be just enough to keep the bottom sides of the bottom layer of wings just a little soggy.

That way when you finally work your way to those last few (you know, the ones that you definitely don’t need to eat, and probably shouldn’t, but you do anyways because wings) they slide down a little easier. Helps lubricate the airway.

3 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I think if you use the “toss & dump” method on your wings, the “excess” should be just enough to keep the bottom sides of the bottom layer of wings just a little soggy.

That way when you finally work your way to those last few (you know, the ones that you definitely don’t need to eat, and probably shouldn’t, but you do anyways because wings) they slide down a little easier. Helps lubricate the airway.

I like the excess sauce. I get my wings as hot as possible (as long as the flavor stays traditional) and extra crispy--so there really isn't too much soggy going on. But the excess sauce let's you re-dip the wing after you bite into it so you can sauce the inside! Gotta keep it all sauced right up!

Edited by The Dean
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, The Dean said:

I like the excess sauce. I get my wings as hot as possible (as long as the flavor stays traditional) and extra crispy--so there really isn't too much soggy going on. But the excess sauce let's you re-dip the wing after you bite into it so you can sauce the inside! Gotta keep it all sauced right up!

Ill allow it - quickmeme