Week 1: Jets at Bills (-6.5)

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Holy cow it’s game week. It even feels a little fall like here this morning in The Atl.

In Colorado we are going from record high temps to SNOW tomorrow!  It's insane!

Should help with the wildfires.  LOL, just typing this makes me laugh.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

We should cover this spread fairly easily. The Bills only got better. The Jets are the Jets. Coached by Adam Gase. With an all-new O-line that didn't get to play preseason games to gel. Without their two best defensive players from last year.

I only hope that McD doesn't let up when we get up by 10 points like he loves to do. Keep the foot on the throttle. Beat them by 30. 

I agree with you , but I think McD won’t keep the pedal to the metal sorta speak ( if we are up by 10 or more points) just for the simple fact that he won’t want put anything on film !! 

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I gave 17 this morning and got it at +330. I think that the Bills blast this trash Jets team. This game feels like 31-10.

I'm tempering my enthusiasm for a blowout considering it's week 1 with no preseason games. We haven't had so much as a joint team practice. Bass is a wildcard and I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss a kick or two. So I think the offense will be sloppy. That being said the defense should pick up right where it left off and I don't see how the Jets will move the ball so I'm predicting a final score of 24-10 Bills with most of our scoring coming in the 2nd half.

• Like (+1) 3

59 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm tempering my enthusiasm for a blowout considering it's week 1 with no preseason games. We haven't had so much as a joint team practice. Bass is a wildcard and I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss a kick or two. So I think the offense will be sloppy. That being said the defense should pick up right where it left off and I don't see how the Jets will move the ball so I'm predicting a final score of 24-10 Bills with most of our scoring coming in the 2nd half.

I just don’t see how that secondary competes with our receivers. I don’t see how those Jets “playmakers“ make any plays. This matchup feels completely one sided. An argument can be made that the Bills are better at every single position group. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

16 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Teams with more continuity have an advantage. 

I agree, 

From a continuity standpoint on O the main core of Bills players excluding Diggs already has a good understanding of the Daboll Offense IMO. I'm also confident that McD is preaching play smart. Stay focused. Protect the football. Taking a more conservative approach to start the season would be the smart thing to do IMO.

If Buffalo runs up the score against the Jets it will probably have more to do with the Bills running game then anything IMO.

Still, the ball can bounce many ways. No twelth man to help turn the tide.

I'm cautiously optimistic... 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I just don’t see how that secondary competes with our receivers. I don’t see how those Jets “playmakers“ make any plays. This matchup feels completely one sided. An argument can be made that the Bills are better at every single position group. 

I agree our defense will shut them down, I don't see how they will move the ball. My tempered expectations come from our offense with a few new pieces trying to put it together without the benefit of preseason. And if it starts to look like the Jets are not capable of scoring on us McDermott is going to start running out the clock early. I could see us coming into the 4th quarter 24-3 and the Jets score a garbage time TD. That is the one thing holding me back from predicting a 3 score blowout.

• Like (+1) 1