Will the Bills consider a 16 man Practice Squad???

LB48

The new NFL Rules regarding Practice Squads allows up to 16 in number. Six members of the practice squad can have unlimited NFL experience.

I think 16 is a clumsy number for any team.  

How to you think the Bills will handle the Practice Squad?

26 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

With covid I don’t see why they wouldn’t have the full 16

Something i I don’t know...

how are teams rams going to handle in season Covid positives?  

Woukd the player go on a 2 week isolation list then teams can freely transfer PS vets to the team to fill that role thrn transfer back ehrn player is cleared and activated?

35 minutes ago, LB48 said:

The new NFL Rules regarding Practice Squads allows up to 16 in number. Six members of the practice squad can have unlimited NFL experience.

I think 16 is a clumsy number for any team.  

How to you think the Bills will handle the Practice Squad?

I get what you are saying.  That's a lot of guys not good enuf to make the roster hanging around.  Adding the practice squad to the 53 man active roster gives you almost 70 players.  Its like a college program almost.  Lot more commotion getting everything organized.  This could have been the year to restart my career and put the 95 Jersey back on.  LOL

25 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Umm why wouldn’t they if it’s allowed by the league? Strange question 

That's about another 1/3 of the 53 man starters practicing.  I think it interferes with game plans and routine practices.    

• Like (+1) 1

I absolutely expect Buffalo to use all 16 available spots on the PS.  Whether it's COVID-19 or injuries due to an abbreviated training camp process, there could be an increased need for roster adjustments during the season.  Brandon Beane will look for every piece of insurance he can put his hands on, and the PS is a major part of his roster insurance policy.  The bigger the better.

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, TigerJ said:

I absolutely expect Buffalo to use all 16 available spots on the PS.  Whether it's COVID-19 or injuries due to an abbreviated training camp process, there could be an increased need for roster adjustments during the season.

I am fairly certain all teams will use as many spots as the rules will allow...the Patriots might even use a few more than that!

9 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

Something i I don’t know...

how are teams rams going to handle in season Covid positives?  

Woukd the player go on a 2 week isolation list then teams can freely transfer PS vets to the team to fill that role thrn transfer back ehrn player is cleared and activated?

The 2020 CBA allows for up to two players in a given week to be promoted to the active roster without giving the players a normal player contract. Normally a player must be removed from the 53-man roster to make room for a practice squad promotion. Then, if the promoted player is sent back down to the practice squad, he has to clear waivers. That is not the case with these two players.

Under this new rule, players revert to the practice squad the next business day without going through waivers. A player can be utilized in this way for two total games during the season.