John Kelly Refutes That Trump Called Soldiers Losers

Kemp

17 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I've got that beat. Did you hear the one about the former VP who is running for President joking around with Ukraine officials about firing their chief prosecutor in order to receive 1 billion in loan guarantees from the U.S.? It had them all in stitches. 

Please explain in accordance with Rule #2.  Thank you. 

38 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

All of them anonymously sourced...all of them ultimately debunked...because all of them are fake stories meant to cover the fact that the left has literally no idea how to run a campaign on policy. They have a candidate who pukes tapioca every time he tries to read a teleprompter and a VP who is so unpopular, the lead story about her is her choice of shoes.

And yet with this constant onslaught of anonymous assaults on Trump, Biden's lead continues to shrink and Trump's approval numbers remain above Obama's at this point in his presidency.

People who can think for themselves would at least ask themselves why this is happening. But people who can't think for themselves try, like you, to explain that with all these scandals, they simply MUST be true because there are so many!

The scandals involving Trump date back to before Biden was even a contender and to my knowledge none of them have been "debunked". He was impeached for christ sake.

Additionally, I'm not sure where you get your data, but I can't find anything to suggest that Trumps approval ratings have been higher than Obama's at ANY point. In fact, it seems that Trump has never been higher than Obama's lowest rating.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

John McCain on losers and getting captured

Trump said: “He lost [the 2008 election], so I never liked him as much after that because I don’t like losers.”

When Luntz repeated that McCain was a war hero, Trump said: “He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured.” [Or Killed??]

Trump Lashes Out At McCain: 'I Like People Who Weren't Captured'

"He lost and let us down," Trump said. "I've never liked him as much after that."

Donald Trump allegedly called the generals serving under his administration a “bunch of p****ies”.

“They care more about their alliances than they do about trade deals,” Mr Trump added.

>>  Allies HELP soldiers on the field of Battle in any conflict or War!!! 

Trump reportedly said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers,” before calling the U.S. marines laid to rest there "suckers" for being killed in action, though he later denied making the disparaging comments.

PARIS (Reuters) - President Donald Trump could not attend a commemoration in France for U.S. soldiers and marines killed during World War One on Saturday because rain made it impossible to arrange transport, the White House said.

Ben Rhodes, who served as deputy national security adviser for strategic communications under President Barack Obama, said the excuse about the inclement weather did not stand up.

“I helped plan all of President Obama’s trips for 8 years,” he wrote on Twitter. “There is always a rain option. Always.”

A little Rain you say?

hkkvh17ctkx11.jpg

120710044841-the-pied-piper-horizontal-g

^ the opening of his golf course in Scotland 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 2

On 9/4/2020 at 7:54 PM, Doc said:

Why did anyone believe this in the first place?  Because of what he said about McCain?  "It was a debate!"

So then we should forget about the disparaging things Harris said about Biden.  ;)  ;) 

Or do we surmise that -----  Debates are all Lies... 

And speaking of alliances 

Who is always demanding Loyalty to himself? 

32 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

John McCain on losers and getting captured

Trump said: “He lost [the 2008 election], so I never liked him as much after that because I don’t like losers.”

When Luntz repeated that McCain was a war hero, Trump said: “He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured.” [Or Killed??]

Trump Lashes Out At McCain: 'I Like People Who Weren't Captured'

"He lost and let us down," Trump said. "I've never liked him as much after that."

Donald Trump allegedly called the generals serving under his administration a “bunch of p****ies”.

“They care more about their alliances than they do about trade deals,” Mr Trump added.

>>  Allies HELP soldiers on the field of Battle in any conflict or War!!! 

Trump reportedly said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers,” before calling the U.S. marines laid to rest there "suckers" for being killed in action, though he later denied making the disparaging comments.

PARIS (Reuters) - President Donald Trump could not attend a commemoration in France for U.S. soldiers and marines killed during World War One on Saturday because rain made it impossible to arrange transport, the White House said.

Ben Rhodes, who served as deputy national security adviser for strategic communications under President Barack Obama, said the excuse about the inclement weather did not stand up.

“I helped plan all of President Obama’s trips for 8 years,” he wrote on Twitter. “There is always a rain option. Always.”

A little Rain you say?

hkkvh17ctkx11.jpg

120710044841-the-pied-piper-horizontal-g

^ the opening of his golf course in Scotland 

I always thought the John McCain comments were among his worst moments as a candidate.  No need to say it, no need to go there, and certainly an affront to POWs.  

Still, McCain was just another insider who fed at the trough, positioning himself as a fighter of the system.  He was certainly a petty man, made incendiary comments and just a few years before, his war service immunity was irrelevant when he ran for President.  History tells us he participated in the attempt to destroy Trump and his family with respect to leaks and dossiers.  There’s more, but that’s enough for now.  

Seems to me there is little need for anonymous sources quickly debunked beyond character assassination.   

Seems to me there was a well known athlete and a number of others who were killed recently when flying during inclement weather.  I’m not a pilot but I’m pretty sure it’s a thing.  I’m not a golfer, but I think sometimes golfers play in the rain, and I definitely know that golfing isn’t flying.  

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I always thought the John McCain comments were among his worst moments as a candidate.  No need to say it, no need to go there, and certainly an affront to POWs.  

Still, McCain was just another insider who fed at the trough, positioning himself as a fighter of the system.  He was certainly a petty man, made incendiary comments and just a few years before, his war service immunity was irrelevant when he ran for President.  History tells us he participated in the attempt to destroy Trump and his family with respect to leaks and dossiers.  There’s more, but that’s enough for now.  

Seems to me there is little need for anonymous sources quickly debunked beyond character assassination.   

Seems to me there was a well known athlete and a number of others who were killed recently when flying during inclement weather.  I’m not a pilot but I’m pretty sure it’s a thing.  I’m not a golfer, but I think sometimes golfers play in the rain, and I definitely know that golfing isn’t flying.  

I agree it wasn't a good look for Trump when he made those comments about McCain.  And as a result, McCain went full-bore trying to destroy Trump after he won the Presidency.  

But if libs are willing to overlook Kammy calling Joe a rapist/racist because "it was a debate," the same applies here.  But at least Trump wanted nothing to do with McCain.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

I agree it wasn't a good look for Trump when he made those comments about McCain.  And as a result, McCain went full-bore trying to destroy Trump after he won the Presidency.  

But if libs are willing to overlook Kammy calling Joe a rapist/racist because "it was a debate," the same applies here.  But at least Trump wanted nothing to do with McCain.

We disagree a bit on this one.

The two situations are not the same.  Trump made inappropriate comments about the heroic part of McCain's service to the country.  Trump has never claimed to be anything other than what he is, a NYC guy who'll slice your achilles if it'll get him a better deal on real estate, and later on, he'l move on.  Side note--for whatever reason, in all the #metoo hubbub, our venerable good old boy politicians like McCain and Biden get a free pass on the free-for-all that went on for decades in the senate.  @transplantbillsfan linked an article one day on the subject, purporting to bolster Joe's reputation because a former staffer remarked that she never felt uncomfortable getting on an elevator with Biden, but other senators were notorious for placing fingers where they did not belong.  While debatable in Biden's case due to allegations made by TR, the reality is that while they may not have been predators, they certainly were not heros to the cause. McCain famously boasted of his amazing friendship/enablement  with one of the worst leches in politics, Ted Kennedy.  

Anyway, Harris and Biden and other ful-of-crap pollys set the table for #believeher #metoo and #timesup.  They were supposedly the bridge to nextgen politics, to the end of sexploitation and all the rest.  Harris, of course, gutted Kavanaugh like a fish, worked exceptionally hard to destroy him in a permanent fashion.  Biden tried to appear grandfatherly, spoke of believing all women and so on, until he got his nuts stuck in his zipper.  

In 2020, exploitation and violent sexual assault should not be treated as political fodder by those screaming loudest for justice.  Harris' dismissal of her comments about beleiving Tara Reade, and her crazy laughter when asked about it could and should be rightly acknowledged as laughing at yet another disposable creature used as a political pawn.

26 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

We disagree a bit on this one.

The two situations are not the same.  Trump made inappropriate comments about the heroic part of McCain's service to the country.  Trump has never claimed to be anything other than what he is, a NYC guy who'll slice your achilles if it'll get him a better deal on real estate, and later on, he'l move on.  Side note--for whatever reason, in all the #metoo hubbub, our venerable good old boy politicians like McCain and Biden get a free pass on the free-for-all that went on for decades in the senate.  @transplantbillsfan linked an article one day on the subject, purporting to bolster Joe's reputation because a former staffer remarked that she never felt uncomfortable getting on an elevator with Biden, but other senators were notorious for placing fingers where they did not belong.  While debatable in Biden's case due to allegations made by TR, the reality is that while they may not have been predators, they certainly were not heros to the cause. McCain famously boasted of his amazing friendship/enablement  with one of the worst leches in politics, Ted Kennedy.  

Anyway, Harris and Biden and other ful-of-crap pollys set the table for #believeher #metoo and #timesup.  They were supposedly the bridge to nextgen politics, to the end of sexploitation and all the rest.  Harris, of course, gutted Kavanaugh like a fish, worked exceptionally hard to destroy him in a permanent fashion.  Biden tried to appear grandfatherly, spoke of believing all women and so on, until he got his nuts stuck in his zipper.  

In 2020, exploitation and violent sexual assault should not be treated as political fodder by those screaming loudest for justice.  Harris' dismissal of her comments about beleiving Tara Reade, and her crazy laughter when asked about it could and should be rightly acknowledged as laughing at yet another disposable creature used as a political pawn.

No, we're in complete agreement.  I was just saying that things are said in the heat of battle, but what Kammy did was more reprehensible.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

CONRAD BLACK: Democrats Hit Rock Bottom On Election Tactics.

It is indicative of the fact that the Democrats are much less overconfident than they were four years ago that they have unleashed their dirty tricks division a month earlier than they did in 2016 with the completely irrelevant Billy Bush “Access Hollywood” tape of locker room indiscretions by candidate Trump 11 years before.

While it was completely irrelevant to whether Trump was worthy of election in 2016, and was somewhat bizarre as it emanated from the campaign of the spouse of, along with John F. Kennedy, the greatest sexual predator in the history of the White House, it was at least an uncontested recording from many years before of Mr. Trump’s opinion of a celebrity’s opportunities for sexual self-assertion. He did say it.

In this latest incident, many people, including almost everyone who would have been present, have all denied that any such utterance had been made. It is inconceivable that this president would think or say anything of the kind.

But the odium of the incident is magnified by the fact that it was clearly staged in a tight sequence coordinated between the Biden campaign and its most rabid press partisans. As soon as the Atlantic story appeared, an anti-Trump veterans’ organization called VoteVets produced a lengthy follow-up Internet statement that the President was not really any friend of the Armed Forces and veterans should take note of his outrageous comments in Paris and swarm the polls in favor of his opponent.

Read the whole thing.

UPDATE (FROM GLENN): Comment from a post last week:

The military story is battlefield prep for the Democrats to steal the military votes.

Voter fraud all the way.

Stay tuned for the MSM stories about how Trump’s support from vets is plummeting and Joe’s support from vets is skyrocketing.

Once I would have considered such a claim to be obviously paranoid.

Wow! We really have a reading or listening comprehension problem in this country. Trump didn’t call McCain a loser for being captured. Read it again! He called him a loser for losing an election...which he was. His comment about McCain’s military service was different. He said that being captured doesn’t make you a hero....which it doesn’t! 

• Thank you (+1) 1