Sals 53 man roster prediction

BillsMafi$

2.) With the new injured reserve rules allowing an unlimited number of players to return from I.R. during the season and players only needing to be on I.R. for a minimum of three weeks, it may impact what the team does with guard Jon Feliciano and fullback Patrick DiMarco. One possible scenario is that one or both make the final 53-man roster, then placed on I.R., and then the team re-signs someone they cut originally. The reason is because if they are placed on I.R. prior to making the final 53-man roster, they would have to be out for the entire season. I don’t see that happening. Feliciano had surgery for a torn pectoral muscle last month and DiMarco hasn’t practiced since the media has been able to attend starting on Aug. 17 due to a neck injury.

How did I miss this?  3 weeks?

Agree with Ike B. getting signed to 53 to replace Feliciano's slot.

Maybe Gilliam to replace DiMarco slot.

If Norman is still questionable maybe they add him to IR and go with Cam Lewis to his slot.

I could see this team putting Feliciano on the Pup list to start the season and rolling with 9 O-line players and putting Fromm on as the third QB. I think they then will cut the 9th O-line player to make room for Mongo when he is back after week 6. It just doesn't make sense for the Bills to cut Fromm and expose him to waivers. My only other maybe on this roster is will the Bills risk exposing Hodgins to waivers? I like Mackenzie but if Hodgins is playing well why not use him in a similar role? Then again Mac is a proven solid gadget guy who can handle a few plays a game and make an impact which adds a wrinkle to the offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Either that or he was so unimpressive  give the third slot to Davis Webb on the 53.

I'd be surprised (although anything is possible). Kid has a great football brain on his shoulders. Even if his arm isnt as impressive, I'd be shocked if they let him go so quickly.

16 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I could see this team putting Feliciano on the Pup list to start the season and rolling with 9 O-line players and putting Fromm on as the third QB. I think they then will cut the 9th O-line player to make room for Mongo when he is back after week 6. It just doesn't make sense for the Bills to cut Fromm and expose him to waivers. My only other maybe on this roster is will the Bills risk exposing Hodgins to waivers? I like Mackenzie but if Hodgins is playing well why not use him in a similar role? Then again Mac is a proven solid gadget guy who can handle a few plays a game and make an impact which adds a wrinkle to the offense. 

You can't PUP someone. They have to come into camp on PUP. They can IR him, but if they want him back this year they can only do that AFTER cutdowns. If they do it before he is done for the year.

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If Winters is cut then Beane really missed on this and costs the team 3 million dollars.

OK, guess I didn't realize it was all guaranteed.  Obviously I haven't seen him play, but reading articles; BN, Athletic, etc, all have Winters also being cut. So kind of surprised then and assume it wasn't guaranteed, unless cutting him is still the lesser of the dead cap than others on the line?

1 hour ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Taiwan Jones making this roster is 🤮

Lee Smith still in a Bills uniform is atrocious. 

Let's get with 2020 and cut Pat DiMarco too. 

Those three guys add ZERO ability to our team. 

• Haha (+1) 1