Jump to content
wAcKy ZeBrA

“Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed

Recommended Posts

 

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-americans-who-died-at-war-are-losers-and-suckers/615997/

 

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

 

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

 

When McCain died, in August 2018, Trump told his senior staff, according to three sources with direct knowledge of this event, “We’re not going to support that loser’s funeral,” and he became furious, according to witnesses, when he saw flags lowered to half-staff. “What the ***** are we doing that for? Guy was a ***** loser,” the president told aides.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

It’s forefersaters withe that th lives forefery sat th lost con on the to their geterrefers for lost th lives filled that con on as with lives filled It’s same suckers It’s for losery sat con the the the sho the to lives whould their livers who to to their gettines fored the same con than to loseparip, Trump red In a sho loseparation on onversation 1,800 mor go the than onvers who lives In onves filled Why sers filleau Why suckers suckers for go the trines suckery suckery I gettines I gete con on t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

 

It’s forefersaters withe that th lives forefery sat th lost con on the to their geterrefers for lost th lives filled that con on as with lives filled It’s same suckers It’s for losery sat con the the the sho the to lives whould their livers who to to their gettines fored the same con than to loseparip, Trump red In a sho loseparation on onversation 1,800 mor go the than onvers who lives In onves filled Why sers filleau Why suckers suckers for go the trines suckery suckery I gettines I gete con on t

Was this Biden's response?

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

 

It’s forefersaters withe that th lives forefery sat th lost con on the to their geterrefers for lost th lives filled that con on as with lives filled It’s same suckers It’s for losery sat con the the the sho the to lives whould their livers who to to their gettines fored the same con than to loseparip, Trump red In a sho loseparation on onversation 1,800 mor go the than onvers who lives In onves filled Why sers filleau Why suckers suckers for go the trines suckery suckery I gettines I gete con on t


OK fat, listen here Jack. Come on man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump is incapable of empathy. Although most of his supporters will dismiss this as "fake" because Daddy said so.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gomper said:

Trump is incapable of empathy. Although most of his supporters will dismiss this as "fake" because Daddy said so.

 

I have no doubt that this was said, however, nothing will convince me that some context is missing, so I will withhold judgement until more information is known.

Edited by LikeIGiveADarn
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

your thread title looks like an Antifa rally.  

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alyssa Farah, a White House spokesperson, emailed this statement shortly after this story was posted: “This report is false. President Trump holds the military in the highest regard. He’s demonstrated his commitment to them at every turn: delivering on his promise to give our troops a much needed pay raise, increasing military spending, signing critical veterans reforms, and supporting military spouses. This has no basis in fact.”

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, gomper said:

Trump is incapable of empathy. Although most of his supporters will dismiss this as "fake" because Daddy said so.

 

0b33d3c83a28e766fc084b0ec5c5d45991548cbb

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The thread title is too short.

It will be gone/ buried in a week.  

Edited by Chris farley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he has mistaken Trump for Tibs. Tibs loves to laugh at dead american soldiers.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think someone knows nearly the entire board has him on ignore.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

 

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-americans-who-died-at-war-are-losers-and-suckers/615997/

 

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

 

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

 

When McCain died, in August 2018, Trump told his senior staff, according to three sources with direct knowledge of this event, “We’re not going to support that loser’s funeral,” and he became furious, according to witnesses, when he saw flags lowered to half-staff. “What the ***** are we doing that for? Guy was a ***** loser,” the president told aides.

 

 

 

This article made me ill.  But what's worse is that the sycophants will ignore it and blame the fake news media for creating another "hoax."  Trump was right about one thing.  There are plenty of suckers and losers out there: all of his apologists.  

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

 

I have no doubt that this was said, however, nothing will convince me that some context is missing, so I will withhold judgement until more information is known.

I have some doubt it was said, but this could easily change many votes, including mine. This one seems to have crossed a line.

 

This is different than hating McCain, who I also hated and was actually happy Trump called him out.

Edited by Paulus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

 

I have no doubt that this was said, however, nothing will convince me that some context is missing, so I will withhold judgement until more information is known.

Yeah.  That totally sounds like him but I always take articles that support anonymous sources with a grain of salt.  It could've been some sarcastic ill informed quip for all we know.  I get it that you don't want 40 something percentage of the population hating you but don't say anything at all if you want to anonymously criticize somebody.  Mattis at least had the guts to criticize him publicly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

This article made me ill.  But what's worse is that the sycophants will ignore it and blame the fake news media for creating another "hoax."  Trump was right about one thing.  There are plenty of suckers and losers out there: all of his apologists.  


C-Section cites anonymous sources and calls anonymous witnesses at trial. True story.

 

Edited by Golden Goat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paulus said:

I have some doubt it was said, but this could easily change many votes, including mine. This one seems to have crossed a line.

 

This is different than hating McCain, who I also hated and was actually happy Trump called him out.

 

24 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  That totally sounds like him but I always take articles that support anonymous sources with a grain of salt.  It could've been some sarcastic ill informed quip for all we know.  I get it that you don't want 40 something percentage of the population hating you but don't say anything at all if you want to anonymously criticize somebody.  Mattis at least had the guts to criticize him publicly. 

 

 

Really? 

"It sounds like him" is good enough for you fools at this point? This story is from 2018, and they just decide to pull it out of their hat.

 

You haven't seen enough false smearing of Trump by the media to disregard anonymous sources, and hearsay from years ago?

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Prickly Pete
  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  That totally sounds like him but I always take articles that support anonymous sources with a grain of salt.  It could've been some sarcastic ill informed quip for all we know.  I get it that you don't want 40 something percentage of the population hating you but don't say anything at all if you want to anonymously criticize somebody.  Mattis at least had the guts to criticize him publicly. 

 

How the eff sarcasm is appropriate in situations like that (particularly with John Kelly at the grave of Kelly's son) is beyond me.  

3 hours ago, Prickly Pete said:

 

 

 

Really? 

"It sounds like him" is good enough for you fools at this point? This story is from 2018, and they just decide to pull it out of their hat.

 

You haven't seen enough false smearing of Trump by the media to disregard anonymous sources, and hearsay from years ago?

 

 

 

 

 

 

You assume "they" had the story two years ago and didn't just get it.  It's more likely that the sources waited until after the convention (and for a Thursday publication time) to tender the information.  Whoever did this knew what he/she was doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

 

How the eff sarcasm is appropriate in situations like that (particularly with John Kelly at the grave of Kelly's son) is beyond me.  

 

You assume "they" had the story two years ago and didn't just get it.  It's more likely that the sources waited until after the convention (and for a Thursday publication time) to tender the information.  Whoever did this knew what he/she was doing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...