Will Bills’ Mafia still show up at the home opener to tailgate?

Tipster19

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they do and they do it in a big way. No matter what you still have to watch it on tv so why not from the parking lot? To me the Bills’ Mafia tailgating isn’t just tailgating, it’s an event. All the activities from Pinto Ron to all the way to just chilling and grilling I have never seen any fan base get so up for a home game. Thoughts?

58 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

sure, if they’re a bunch of grandma killers!!!

It’s really too bad there is absolutely no way whatsoever to gather outdoors responsibly.  Oh, well...

When I think of Bills tailgating, images of responsible behavior immediately come to mind.... What could happen is you could see a drive in theatre pay for the rights to show it and try to do something that way but even with that there will be significant rules and those rights ain't cheap.

Edited by That's No Moon

45 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

When I think of Bills tailgating, images of responsible behavior immediately come to mind.... What could happen is you could see a drive in theatre pay for the rights to show it and try to do something that way but even with that there will be significant rules and those rights ain't cheap.

I get what you’re saying, but the irresponsible knuckleheads are few and far between (but, granted, they get all the publicity from the outlets like Barstool Sports).

Rhetorical question; when WILL it be safe to tailgate again? ?

25 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I get what you’re saying, but the irresponsible knuckleheads are few and far between (but, granted, they get all the publicity from the outlets like Barstool Sports).

Not a timeframe anybody wants to hear.

28 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Even with a vaccine, there will be 15-20%, maybe more, who will refuse to get it. Anti-vaxxers are already working that angle. (It will be the new "mask protest.") So it will never go away thanks to these free spirits. Let's hope it doesn't mutate in that petri dish of humanity.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Even with a vaccine, there will be 15-20%, maybe more, who will refuse to get it. Anti-vaxxers are already working that angle. (It will be the new "mask protest.") So it will never go away thanks to these free spirits. Let's hope it doesn't mutate in that petri dish of humanity.

Again, in other news people don't want to hear, rushing vaccines isn't a good idea. It has been done in the past and there have been significant problems. When I have friends in big pharma telling me to my face that they wouldn't rush to the front of the line for these it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence and I'm a fully pro-vaccination person.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Wait, this was a joke, right? I hit that laugh emoji, but then I read your follow ups...

lol, yes it was fully a tongue-in-cheek post.

And look, I get that no tailgates isn’t a big deal whatsoever in the grand scheme of things.  Neither is not being able to go to games in person.  It just sucks because there’s been hundreds of little “not that big of a deal”s piling up over the last six months.   Couple that with the government arbitrarily picking winners and losers when it comes to these things and..... yeesh.

And yeah I know, WWII ration lines, first world problems, stop complaining, yadda yadda.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

lol, yes it was fully a tongue-in-cheek post.

And look, I get that no tailgates isn’t a big deal whatsoever in the grand scheme of things.  Neither is not being able to go to games in person.  It just sucks because there’s been hundreds of little “not that big of a deal”s piling up over the last six months.   Couple that with the government arbitrarily picking winners and losers when it comes to these things and..... yeesh.

And yeah I know, WWII ration lines, first world problems, stop complaining, yadda yadda.

Super level-headed take. Really appreciate it.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they do and they do it in a big way. No matter what you still have to watch it on tv so why not from the parking lot? To me the Bills’ Mafia tailgating isn’t just tailgating, it’s an event. All the activities from Pinto Ron to all the way to just chilling and grilling I have never seen any fan base get so up for a home game. Thoughts?

have you been to many other teams’ home tailgates tippy? Not sure if you know this, but “chillin and grillin” is not exclusive to Bills stadium.

Anyone showing up in violation of the tailgating ban will be immediately sent home, btw.

26 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Again, in other news people don't want to hear, rushing vaccines isn't a good idea. It has been done in the past and there have been significant problems. When I have friends in big pharma telling me to my face that they wouldn't rush to the front of the line for these it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence and I'm a fully pro-vaccination person.

Absolutely. But even if you had a fully tested safe vaccine you'd still have that percentage not getting it.

Would I go to a bar to watch the game with friends, probably.  Would I drive 90 minutes to maybe tailgate somewhere, probably not.  So many of us come in from out of town it's not really worth thinking about, but if I lived in Buffalo I'd be tempted.

Edited by driddles
  • Like (+1) 1