Domestic terrorist attack in Wisconsin

So either the prosecution never interviewed/rehearsed with its witnesses or did and told them to lie and then they either had a guilty conscience and told the truth or folded under questioning.  Amazing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

So either the prosecution never interviewed/rehearsed with its witnesses or did and told them to lie and then they either had a guilty conscience and told the truth or folded under questioning.  Amazing.

Or they knew they had no case and charged anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LeviF said:

Or they knew they had no case and charged anyway. 

Like the Trayvon trial, I don't think they had a choice but to charge him.

Although, they could have held the mostly peaceful protests sooner, rather than later, because it doesn't matter what this trial reveals, cities will burn.

30 minutes ago, ALF said:

'Perfectly legal' for Rittenhouse to carry a gun? False

It is against Wisconsin law for someone younger than 18 to possess “a dangerous weapon.”

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/aug/28/facebook-posts/did-kyle-rittenhouse-break-law-carrying-assault-st/

Yes, him carrying a firearm underage (a misdemeanor) is good enough reason to charge him with a couple murders. 

And, by the way, there’s an argument to be made that it’s actually legal for him to carry that rifle in Wisconsin. 

5 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Like the Trayvon trial, I don't think they had a choice but to charge him.

Although, they could have held the mostly peaceful protests sooner, rather than later, because it doesn't matter what this trial reveals, cities will burn.

All those folks crying about qualified immunity should really look into the agents of the government that have absolute immunity. 

• Like (+1) 1

Rittenhouse walks after yesterday's testimony.  His own stupidity was out done by the stupidity of guy who had his arm nearly shot off.  These kids in the streets playing cops and robbers with real guns.  You point a gun at someone with a gun - yep, you're probably getting shot.

Not surprised, but few in the media are asking questions about all this "found" FBI footage, especially the drone footage in FLIR.  You get the impression the FBI was all over that protest - which suggests they are all over every protest. 

I've often wondered how .gov ends up finding the specific people who torch police stations and loot stores months after the event. It's likely because the feds are in the mix quietly filming everything like a documentary, and then using facial recognition software with access to various databases (DMV, criminal justice, etc.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, dpberr said:

Rittenhouse walks after yesterday's testimony.  His own stupidity was out done by the stupidity of guy who had his arm nearly shot off.  These kids in the streets playing cops and robbers with real guns.  You point a gun at someone with a gun - yep, you're probably getting shot.

Not surprised, but few in the media are asking questions about all this "found" FBI footage, especially the drone footage in FLIR.  You get the impression the FBI was all over that protest - which suggests they are all over every protest. 

I've often wondered how .gov ends up finding the specific people who torch police stations and loot stores months after the event. It's likely because the feds are in the mix quietly filming everything like a documentary, and then using facial recognition software with access to various databases (DMV, criminal justice, etc.)

I am always a bit hesitant when we see bits and pieces of testimony, but you’re spot on   with these people playing stupid games.  

At the same time, when a city allows anarchy to exist, anarchy is what you typically find.   Why on earth any sane person would want to place himself in that powder keg with a weapon is beyond me.  When I saw the video of the events that night, it certainly looked like anyone could end up dead in plus/minus 5 minutes. 

The citizens of that community should recall every damn official who let that situation fester.  

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I am always a bit hesitant when we see bits and pieces of testimony, but you’re spot on   with these people playing stupid games.  

At the same time, when a city allows anarchy to exist, anarchy is what you typically find.   Why on earth any sane person would want to place himself in that powder keg with a weapon is beyond me.  When I saw the video of the events that night, it certainly looked like anyone could end up dead in plus/minus 5 minutes. 

The citizens of that community should recall every damn official who let that situation fester.  

There should be commissions for all the Dems who didn't condemn the insurrections all last year.  What's good for the goose...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Lawlessness breeds more lawlessness.  

He's a stupid kid - but out of the six charges against him, I only see the transporting weapons across state lines one sticking.  

53 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Lawlessness breeds more lawlessness.  

He's a stupid kid - but out of the six charges against him, I only see the transporting weapons across state lines one sticking.  

No mention though of the many, many armed blm + antifa rioters, amirite?

Just the white kid holds any blame. 

Spoken like a true marxist.

Everything is ok  in the quest of the destruction of everything

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Albwan said:

No mention though of the many, many armed blm + antifa rioters, amirite?

Just the white kid holds any blame. 

Spoken like a true marxist.

Everything is ok  in the quest of the destruction of everything

Social justice something or other...

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/9/2021 at 5:31 AM, LeviF said:

Yes, him carrying a firearm underage (a misdemeanor) is good enough reason to charge him with a couple murders. 

And, by the way, there’s an argument to be made that it’s actually legal for him to carry that rifle in Wisconsin. 

What's that argument? Based on what I've searched, it may only be legal for kids 16+17 yrs old to carry a rifle if they're hunting under adult supervision. That obviously wouldn't hold up in this case.

Like others, I think that misdemeanor charge is the only one that sticks. I'm glad all witnesses seemed to tell the truth. Based on the video evidence and witness accounts, this seems like self defense. If that bipolar maniac Rosenbaum hadn't been there, it probably ends differently. 

You could also say that for Kyle. This kid was certainly failed by his parents. His dad was basically nonexistent, leaving him with a single mother who encouraged Kyle to join the Proud Boys (lol), probably wanting for his best interests to be around some kind of father figure. 

I'm really interested in how Kyle got separated from his group. It seems like the rest of the Proud Boys managed to stay back (in front or on top of whatever buildings they were monitoring), but somehow Kyle found himself in the middle of the mob. What the heck was he doing? It's a real grey area. 

He is on the stand now.

Kyle Rittenhouse testifies that Joseph Rosenbaum threatened to ‘cut your f*cking hearts out and kill you, breaks down on the stand [videos]

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/11/10/kyle-rittenhouse-testifies-that-joseph-rosenbaum-threatened-to-cut-your-fcking-hearts-out-and-kill-you-nggers-breaks-down-on-the-stand-videos/

Whether or not that proves to be the right move remains to be seen.

But Rittenhouse’s testimony is certainly compelling.

We will see when the prosecutor gets his turn.

• Like (+1) 1