Earl Thomas On His Way Out Of Baltimore (Edit: now cut)

H2o

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Almost as bad a contract as when the Jets gave an interior LB like 30 million for 2 games. 

I was so happy when I saw the Jets give mega bucks to an off-ball linebacker and a running back. I mean...if there are two positions in the 2020 NFL NOT to give big money to.

Bad teams seem to find a way to stay bad.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

I was so happy when I saw the Jets give mega bucks to an off-ball linebacker and a running back. I mean...if there are two positions in the 2020 NFL NOT to give big money to.

Bad teams seem to find a way to stay bad.

Yep. Especially that LB and that RB. 

Mosely isn't bad, but paying anyone from the Ravens defensive scheme is a bad idea. 

Paying bell was so obviously a bad idea. I love it. 

Also, as an aside, what is with bills fans wishing division rivals well? the "i hope darnold/tua is okay, but not as good as Allen" mentality drives me crazy. Every time the Jets/Phins/Pats sign someone or draft someone I hope they're terrible. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Mosely isn't bad, but paying anyone from the Ravens defensive scheme is a bad idea. 

Also, as an aside, what is with bills fans wishing division rivals well? the "i hope darnold/tua is okay, but not as good as Allen" mentality drives me crazy. Every time the Jets/Phins/Pats sign someone or draft someone I hope they're terrible. 

Agreed. I actively root for our division rivals to make dumb decisions. Lately, the Jets have been playing along rather nicely. The Dolphins, less so. I like Flores and Tua, unfortunately.

I get that some people want to see healthy rivalries and a strong AFC East. All I care about is the Bills winning. Whatever makes it most likely for them to win the next 10 division titles, that's what I want. No one discounted the Patriots' success the past two decades just because their division stunk.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Mosely is better than not bad. Sadly for the Jets in two years they have got 3/4s of 1 game from him. 

I always hope our rivals players are terrible but I am also objective so when they sign someone I think is good I say so. 

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

Agreed. I actively root for our division rivals to make dumb decisions. Lately, the Jets have been playing along rather nicely. The Dolphins, less so. I like Flores and Tua, unfortunately.

I get that some people want to see healthy rivalries and a strong AFC East. All I care about is the Bills winning. Whatever makes it most likely for them to win the next 10 division titles, that's what I want. No one discounted the Patriots' success the past two decades just because their division stunk.

Let me introduce you to a little place called twobillsdrive.com.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Mosely is better than not bad. Sadly for the Jets in two years they have got 3/4s of 1 game from him. 

I always hope our rivals players are terrible but I am also objective so when they sign someone I think is good I say so. 

He is. I still think the contract was questionable for where they were as a team, and what he brings to the table. 

21 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah- I was really hoping the dolphins would get Herbert. I saw him as a lesser player and it is easier to root against him, whereas I really like Tua as a guy. Either way, I can root for him to be a bust. 

31 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

He is. I still think the contract was questionable for where they were as a team, and what he brings to the table. 

It was a big contract but it is also a critical position for their scheme and he is more 3 dimensional than people give him credit for. The pass break up that got him hurt against the Bills in week 1 is the exact play that the narrative on him says he can't make. Whether it was a sensible deal for the Jets at that time is a fair question, but it gets lumped in with the Bell deal and I think that is a little unfair. 

• Like (+1) 1