Horrible Harry...the forgotten man?

41 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

In bold...puzzles me a bit. There have been different methods for ACL over the years. When I had mine it was a replacement with a tendon from the knee. Sometimes it's from elsewhere on the leg. They used to use cadaver ligaments but I am not sure if that's still done. Quite a while back they tried synthetic but stopped. Maybe there are synthetic again? 

In any event, I never heard of ACL replacements being stronger than the original. It's hard to out-engineer Mother Nature. Any references to support this position? 

BCH, you’re not wrong.  Bones heal stronger especially in cases where it is bad and they have rods and plates to reinforce, tendons can come back tighter, and muscles can come back stronger with time and effort.  Ligaments don’t.  I wasn’t going to say anything from my time in orthopedics, but I don’t know of any medical research of stronger ligaments post injury.  That doesn’t mean they are weaker either.  Just a repair.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I loved the pick and he’s a great dude but he wasn’t tearing it up prior to the injury.  Not giving up on him and I love Stanford players but I think we all just hoped he was Kyle Jr and that’s not the case. 

Jeez, I’m sorry you missed those games. They were good! We won.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I loved the pick and he’s a great dude but he wasn’t tearing it up prior to the injury.  Not giving up on him and I love Stanford players but I think we all just hoped he was Kyle Jr and that’s not the case. 

He doesn't play the same position at DT that Kyle did.

18 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sometimes I wonder how much of the Bills you actually watch.  Harry’s first season was rather pedestrian, but last year he was beginning to play at an extremely high level over the first few games before the injury.  Go back and read the writeups.  He wasn’t drafted to be Kyle 2.0 and I don’t know of anyone who expected him to be that.  If anything, the hope is that he makes Star expendable.

Anyway, recovery from ACL injuries is pretty common these days so nobody should be “giving up” on him at this point.

5 hours ago, eball said:

Sometimes I wonder how much of the Bills you actually watch.  Harry’s first season was rather pedestrian, but last year he was beginning to play at an extremely high level over the first few games before the injury.  Go back and read the writeups.  He wasn’t drafted to be Kyle 2.0 and I don’t know of anyone who expected him to be that.  If anything, the hope is that he makes Star expendable.

Anyway, recovery from ACL injuries is pretty common these days so nobody should be “giving up” on him at this point.

Haha.  Well now I feel better because Chris Brown just gave me a scouting report.  

21 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Jeez, I’m sorry you missed those games. They were good! We won.

I was a huge fan of the pick.  But I think some fans just say a DT is doing a good job sometimes.  We gave up 100 to Barkley.  We played the crappy Bengals who were awful running the ball all year.  And the Jets might have had the worst run blocking team in the NFL last year. 

I really like the guy and he seems like a great dude.  Not saying cut him or giving up on him.  But for what I saw from him in college, I would be lying to say I haven’t been disappointed.  Guy had 107 tackles as a DT so sorry, 3 doesn’t exactly fire me up.  I really think he needs to be a penetrating DT.  He was really good at that in college.  

I probably had much higher standards for Phillips than most because I loved him in college.  Maybe I need to lower them a bit to be fair.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I was a huge fan of the pick.  But I think some fans just say a DT is doing a good job sometimes.  We gave up 100 to Barkley.  We played the crappy Bengals who were awful running the ball all year.  And the Jets might have had the worst run blocking team in the NFL last year. 

I really like the guy and he seems like a great dude.  Not saying cut him or giving up on him.  But for what I saw from him in college, I would be lying to say I haven’t been disappointed.  Guy had 107 tackles as a DT so sorry, 3 doesn’t exactly fire me up.  I really think he needs to be a penetrating DT.  He was really good at that in college.  

I probably had much higher standards for Phillips than most because I loved him in college.  Maybe I need to lower them a bit to be fair.

When I read your posts, I imagine Sheldon Cooper speaking. It fits -and is at least as tolerable as he is.?

25 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

When I read your posts, I imagine Sheldon Cooper speaking. It fits -and is at least as tolerable as he is.?

And I picture you looking like a much older,  less physically opposing Sheldon with less charm around ladies,  about the the height of Leonard. Close, aren’t I? ?

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 8/16/2020 at 3:08 PM, BullBuchanan said:

I really think he was a long shot to even make the team before Star opted out, given how many DT's they've got. I think his chance to make the team is drastically improved now, but I just don't think he's been anything special so far. Kyle took a few years to get going, so there's still hope, but its far form a sure thing. They did just sign two more today, so they obviously aren't satisfied with what they have at the position.

Really?

He was arguably our best D-Lineman before he got hurt. I remember being hugely surprised at what a beast he was.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/17/2020 at 9:55 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

In 2018 he wasn't that good but in 2019 prior to his injury he was anchoring the rush defense and looking like he will have a breakout season. I think there was a big time reason that the rush defense went into a big recession right after Henry got hurt.

Eventually Star improved his play and the scheme was adjusted but Henry was missed. He isn't the same kind of player as Kyle in my opinion.