Wegmans not interested in stadium naming rights

I shop at Wegmans a lot, but you have to be careful.  There are a number of things that are a very good value, but there are also lots of things that are marked very high.  I would never buy loose cookies from their bakery department, but I buy family packs of ground beef and frozen veggies. 

On 7/20/2020 at 2:17 PM, gonzo1105 said:

I think this one is a legit possibility as well. There was some talk about going in on a new stadium with the Pegula's or having a part in it so they could place all their stuff in it.

Jacobs worth 3.1 Billion and Delaware North brings in over a Billion plus per year as a company. Makes a lot of sense actually.

Might as well name it “Overpriced Crappy Stadium Food” Stadium 

6 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I shop at Wegmans a lot, but you have to be careful.  There are a number of things that are a very good value, but there are also lots of things that are marked very high.  I would never buy loose cookies from their bakery department, but I buy family packs of ground beef and frozen veggies. 

Mmmm, $3 sugar cookies.

On 7/20/2020 at 7:13 PM, SirAndrew said:

I kind of like the store, but I can’t get over the narrow crowded aisles. Every Wegmans I’ve been to seems like the busiest store I’ve ever been to. I just can’t enjoy shopping in a mosh pit. The only enjoyable experiences I’ve had are going late at night. 

I find it enjoyable because it has also been called WegMilf or WegMoms ... nice “scenery” ?

BUFFALO WILD WING STADIUM sounds good. If anyone can afford it they can.

"Inspire Brands Inc., owner and franchiser of the Arby's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Sonic Drive-In, Jimmy John's, and Rusty Taco restaurant chains. The fourth largest restaurant chain group".

I’d like to find a western NY company with a nationally known name.  Simple solution would be Paychex, Golisano already tried buying the Bills once, this could be a way he’s a part of the team.

Ralph Wilson Field at Paychex stadium.

On 7/21/2020 at 7:38 PM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Maybe they could cover it with one of their hi-tech roofs?

Tesla is up to its eyebrows in debt, it has operating losses in the billions of dollars since its inception. I’m not certain the company has even turned a profit yet. Elon Musk may have money,  but not so much for Tesla. 

18 hours ago, frogger said:

I’d like to find a western NY company with a nationally known name.  Simple solution would be Paychex, Golisano already tried buying the Bills once, this could be a way he’s a part of the team.

There was an article in TBN that paychex wasn’t in the mix I think 

On 7/22/2020 at 8:14 AM, simpleman said:

BUFFALO WILD WING STADIUM sounds good. If anyone can afford it they can.

"Inspire Brands Inc., owner and franchiser of the Arby's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Sonic Drive-In, Jimmy John's, and Rusty Taco restaurant chains. The fourth largest restaurant chain group".

I am simultaneously very intrigued and very put off by "Rusty Taco."

19 hours ago, frogger said:

Golisano gives tons to actual charities.  He's not going to give money to another billionaire to pay stadium rent and team expenses.