Trump's railing about schools reopening, so might as well talk about it

5 hours ago, Hedge said:

From your link:

Yet the union goes even farther than those requests, calling for "local support" in the form of defunded police departments and the shuttering of charter schools. 

Police violence "is a leading cause of death and trauma for Black people, and is a serious public health and moral issue," the union writes. The document calls on authorities to "shift the astronomical amount of money devoted to policing, to education and other essential needs such as housing and public health."

"Privately operated, publicly funded charter schools," meanwhile, "drain resources from district schools," the union states. The practice of "colocating" charter schools in existing structures, it continues, "adds students to campuses when we need to reduce the number of students to allow for physical distancing."

The union also demands the implementation of a federal Medicare-for-All program, several new state-level taxes on wealthy people, and a "federal bailout" of the school district. 

"The benefits to restarting physical schools must outweigh the risks, especially for our most vulnerable students and school communities," the document continues. 

"As it stands, the only people guaranteed to benefit from the premature physical reopening of schools amidst a rapidly accelerating pandemic are billionaires and the politicians they’ve purchased," it adds. 

No, it's not politics, sure. Time to give hints of firings ala Reagan's air traffic controller little embroglio for the poor oppressed federal employees. 

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

From your link:

Yet the union goes even farther than those requests, calling for "local support" in the form of defunded police departments and the shuttering of charter schools. 

Police violence "is a leading cause of death and trauma for Black people, and is a serious public health and moral issue," the union writes. The document calls on authorities to "shift the astronomical amount of money devoted to policing, to education and other essential needs such as housing and public health."

"Privately operated, publicly funded charter schools," meanwhile, "drain resources from district schools," the union states. The practice of "colocating" charter schools in existing structures, it continues, "adds students to campuses when we need to reduce the number of students to allow for physical distancing."

The union also demands the implementation of a federal Medicare-for-All program, several new state-level taxes on wealthy people, and a "federal bailout" of the school district. 

"The benefits to restarting physical schools must outweigh the risks, especially for our most vulnerable students and school communities," the document continues. 

"As it stands, the only people guaranteed to benefit from the premature physical reopening of schools amidst a rapidly accelerating pandemic are billionaires and the politicians they’ve purchased," it adds. 

No, it's not politics, sure. Time to give hints of firings ala Reagan's air traffic controller little embroglio for the poor oppressed federal employees. 

....and there are MANY interesting articles of late penned by AFRICAN-AMERICANS citing their support for charter schools as a critical option for students of promise to escape the woefully failing inner city schools.....all we EVER do is "shift an astronomical amount of money to education" and the results redefine abysmal.......politicians, YES on BOTH sides blindly throw money at problem(s) with NO accountability for improvement or desired results.....so when abysmal becomes MORE abysmal, they can say, "oh well at least we tried (COUGH)"....years ago I sat on the Budget Advisory Committee for my school district...at that time, the budget was $71 million (today it is >$130 mil)......after we got done identifying everything in the budget that was affixed and mandated by law/contract, we were down to about $250K in discretionary spending where we could make recommendations...a TOTAL waste of time.....

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....and there are MANY interesting articles of late penned by AFRICAN-AMERICANS citing their support for charter schools as a critical option for students of promise to escape the woefully failing inner city schools.....all we EVER do is "shift an astronomical amount of money to education" and the results redefine abysmal.......politicians, YES on BOTH sides blindly throw money at problem(s) with NO accountability for improvement or desired results.....so when abysmal becomes MORE abysmal, they can say, "oh well at least we tried (COUGH)"....years ago I sat on the Budget Advisory Committee for my school district...at that time, the budget was $71 million (today it is >$130 mil)......after we got done identifying everything in the budget that was affixed and mandated by law/contract, we were down to about $250K in discretionary spending where we could make recommendations...a TOTAL waste of time.....

Charter schools are the teacher's union boogeyman because they are afraid of competition. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

See I'm not actually afraid.

Other teachers are, though.

And I think those teachers are going to want to get the heck out the classroom fully once there are a few cases that pop up in our school.

So grocery store workers have all busted their ass to help us stay well stocked for four months now. They have taken all sorts of precautions to protect them. But teachers?  One of the most important professions in the history of the planet?  “We’re afraid!!!”  ?

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

Yup. Get the glorified babysitters back where they belong. 

Grocery store workers never stopped. What’s the deal with teachers?  They are some of the the most important workers out there in my mind.  

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Charter schools are the teacher's union boogeyman because they are afraid of competition. 

...EXACTLY.......and the Dems are bought and paid for by the Teachers' Unions.......resolving the stranglehold has about as much chance as term limits......

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I realize that.  My wife's a teacher and she's not apprehensive as she's middle aged and healthy but some of her coworkers are.  Some older teachers in her district are retiring early because they're in the "at risk" age range.  

So that's the answer?

Push out the old and in with the new?

(And again, it's not just "old" teachers who are at risk. I have a coworker with type 1 diabetes who is in her 30s... you sayin she should be forced out, too?)

And who replaces all these teachers with these waves of retirements?

I know here in Hawai'i there's a teacher shortage and, in turn, a sub shortage. There has been for years... I was hired on the mainland myself. Where are all these teachers-in-waiting ready to take over with this wave of retirements?

Schools have reopened across Europe though and pretty successfully for the most part with some common sense social distancing measures in place. 

This is one of the most predictable and fallacious arguments circulating about so easily starting up schools.

"Europe did it, we can, too!"

Ya know what else Europe has done that we haven't come close to doing?

Flattened the curve.

This "let's be like Europe" argument with education is a hilarious contradiction to the arguments that boil down to "we're not Europe, we're 'Merica!"I've heard constantly over here for many months of why we can't have a stronger nation-wide response to get the virus under control and the curve flattened

It's going to be a trial and error experiment in each district but keeping kids home shouldn't be an option unless there's a severe outbreak given the current evidence we have.  

Huh? :blink:

It's going to be trial and error but it's not an option to keep the kids home.

What does that even mean?

My biggest problem with allowing home schooling has always been the lack of interaction they have with other students 

100% agree

Other professions are taking a risk in going back to work.  Why should it be different for teachers?  

They are.

How many of those professions center specifically around close physical social interaction for 6 or 7 hours a day where they are in a single room with around 100 people throughout the day and 20-35 people at a given time?

Can you name those professions and tell me which ones have fully gone back to work as usual?

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

So grocery store workers have all busted their ass to help us stay well stocked for four months now. They have taken all sorts of precautions to protect them. But teachers?  One of the most important professions in the history of the planet?  “We’re afraid!!!”  ?

Well for one, teachers are, on average, older than workers in a grocery store

https://datausa.io/profile/naics/grocery-stores

https://datausa.io/profile/soc/elementary-middle-school-teachers

5 years is a pretty significant difference.

And you're absolutely right. Look at all the precautions they've taken!

If teachers were provided the same protections a grocery store clerk gets with clear plastic barriers set up between every single desk in their classroom, hand sanitizer for himself/herself as well as every single student along with disinfectants provided for consistent cleaning, that would be a great start and I bet you'd have a lot less pushback from teachers.

So tell me, who pays for that? That wouldn't be cheap.

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Grocery store workers never stopped. What’s the deal with teachers?  They are some of the the most important workers out there in my mind.  

Thanks for the flattery with a side dish of sarcasm.

See my response above to @Doc Brown about this. Grocery stores made quick adjustments with everything they implemented in part because they operate for profit, unlike schools.

Too many cooks in the kitchen who don't even know how to operate an oven when it comes to schools.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Well for one, teachers are, on average, older than workers in a grocery store

https://datausa.io/profile/naics/grocery-stores

https://datausa.io/profile/soc/elementary-middle-school-teachers

5 years is a pretty significant difference.

And you're absolutely right. Look at all the precautions they've taken!

If teachers were provided the same protections a grocery store clerk gets with clear plastic barriers set up between every single desk in their classroom, hand sanitizer for himself/herself as well as every single student along with disinfectants provided for consistent cleaning, that would be a great start and I bet you'd have a lot less pushback from teachers.

So tell me, who pays for that? That wouldn't be cheap.

Thanks for the flattery with a side dish of sarcasm.

See my response above to @Doc Brown about this. Grocery stores made quick adjustments with everything they implemented in part because they operate for profit, unlike schools.

Too many cooks in the kitchen who don't even know how to operate an oven when it comes to schools.

Demand they put up the precautions. Either that or you don’t give a ***** about the kids. I’m probably at least 20 years older than you and I’d put the kids first.  I’d wear a mask, use hand sanitizer constantly and demand others so the same. Kind of like I’ve been doing since I went back to work full time nearly two months ago. Teachers sound like a pretty selfish lot. 

BTW what are all these precautions they took to keep grocery workers safe that you mentioned?  

Edited by Chef Jim

45 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So that's the answer?

(And again, it's not just "old" teachers who are at risk. I have a coworker with type 1 diabetes who is in her 30s... you sayin she should be forced out, too?)

I know here in Hawai'i there's a teacher shortage and, in turn, a sub shortage. There has been for years... I was hired on the mainland myself. Where are all these teachers-in-waiting ready to take over with this wave of retirements?

This is one of the most predictable and fallacious arguments circulating about so easily starting up schools.

Flattened the curve.

This "let's be like Europe" argument with education is a hilarious contradiction to the arguments that boil down to "we're not Europe, we're 'Merica!"I've heard constantly over here for many months of why we can't have a stronger nation-wide response to get the virus under control and the curve flattened

100% agree

They are.

How many of those professions center specifically around close physical social interaction for 6 or 7 hours a day where they are in a single room with around 100 people throughout the day and 20-35 people at a given time?

Can you name those professions and tell me which ones have fully gone back to work as usual?

Generally speaking we have flattened the curve, which was the original goal but the Left wants to keep moving the goal for their own political purposes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Demand they put up the precautions. Either that or you don’t give a ***** about the kids. 

We have been demanding that dummy.

Ya know what the problem we run into is? Parents who refuse to make their kids wear masks and a DOE that accepts 3 ft as acceptable social distancing.

Among other things.

Your 1st 2 sentences are completely at odds with each other.

Teachers want to get back into the classroom. But safely. For everyone.

I’m probably at least 20 years older than you and I’d put the kids first.  I’d wear a mask, use hand sanitizer constantly and demand others so the same. Kind of like I’ve been doing since I went back to work full time nearly two months ago. Teachers sound like a pretty selfish lot. 

May I ask what you do for a living? Is your username instructive as far as your profession goes?

BTW what are all these precautions they took to keep grocery workers safe that you mentioned?  

Every grocery store I've gone to for months limits occupancy in the store to 50% or below typical occupancy, provides every employee with sanitizer and clerks with cleansers to clean the conveyor belt after each customer along with a clear plastic shield between clerk and customer.

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We have been demanding that dummy.

Ya know what the problem we run into is? Parents who refuse to make their kids wear masks and a DOE that accepts 3 ft as acceptable social distancing.

Among other things.

Your 1st 2 sentences are completely at odds with each other.

Teachers want to get back into the classroom. But safely. For everyone.

May I ask what you do for a living? Is your username instructive as far as your profession goes?

Every grocery store I've gone to for months limits occupancy in the store to 50% or below typical occupancy, provides every employee with sanitizer and clerks with cleansers to clean the conveyor belt after each customer along with a clear plastic shield between clerk and customer.

Make it mandatory that all students wear masks.  Provide them for those that don’t have them. We have boxes of disposable masks all over my office. We have hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray and paper towels all over. Again dude it’s not hard. 

And my user name has nothing to do with what I do for a living. 

And grocery stores here have not limited the number of customers. Only that we social distance while there. All they have provided are plexiglass/plastic partitions for them.  Last I checked they’re all still alive. ?

Your colleagues are freaking out and there is no need to. Get your asses in there and get it done. You have six weeks. Use some ***** ingenuity.  Other industries have figured it out. You’re the educated ones.  Do it!!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Make it mandatory that all students wear masks.  Provide them for those that don’t have them. We have boxes of disposable masks all over my office. We have hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray and paper towels all over. Again dude it’s not hard. 

I'm sure you're a smart man, but you seem relatively clueless about the massive beurocracies that schools are--Public, Charter AND private.

You know how many interviews I've heard already from parents saying their kid has some underlying health condition that won't allow them to wear a mask all day? Some from private schools. And as much as you'd like to think if those private school kids won't wear masks, they're that much easier to kick out. Except they aren't. It all depends on who their parents are in many cases.

"Provide them" is a wonderful idea if we're actually provided with those things to provide the students. That's the issue public schools run into more than Private schools. I've heard some private schools investing in the very things needed to get ALL teachers back. 

Pay for those things for Public schools--you willing to pay for that Mr. Taxpayer?--and you likely won't get nearly as much pushback.

And my user name has nothing to do with what I do for a living. 

Again, what do you do?

You said you work in an office.

How many people are in your office at a time?

How big is your office?

Is it a cubicle like setup with walls between everyone working?

Please describe it if you're willing.

And grocery stores here have not limited the number of customers. Only that we social distance while there. All they have provided are plexiglass/plastic partitions for them.  Last I checked they’re all still alive. ?

Where do you live?

My Mom had to wait in a line for 20 minutes outside of Wegmans last week because they were doing just that.

Yes, plexiglass/plastic partitions for every desk, hand sanitizer for every student and cleaning supplies for every teacher along with extra masks for an enforceable "every student must wear a mask in class" policy.

giphy.gif

Oh wait, but then you also mentioned the social distancing thing.

How do you get your 6 ft apart for all 30+ students in anywhere from a 400-800 square foot box?

Your colleagues are freaking out and there is no need to. Get your asses in there and get it done. You have six weeks. Use some ***** ingenuity.  Other industries have figured it out. You’re the educated ones.  Do it!!  

No.

Not 6 weeks.

Students come back August 4th here.

And it's not ultimately the teachers driving these decisions.

• Haha (+1) 1

The obvious solution is to stay home for the next 36 months and collect welfare...

No big deal...

The American people need to forget about working and living and just obey the government orders of the day...

Simple...

In 3 years we can leave our properties and everything will be great...

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm sure you're a smart man, but you seem relatively clueless about the massive beurocracies that schools are--Public, Charter AND private.

You know how many interviews I've heard already from parents saying their kid has some underlying health condition that won't allow them to wear a mask all day? Some from private schools. And as much as you'd like to think if those private school kids won't wear masks, they're that much easier to kick out. Except they aren't. It all depends on who their parents are in many cases.

"Provide them" is a wonderful idea if we're actually provided with those things to provide the students. That's the issue public schools run into more than Private schools. I've heard some private schools investing in the very things needed to get ALL teachers back. 

Pay for those things for Public schools--you willing to pay for that Mr. Taxpayer?--and you likely won't get nearly as much pushback.

Again, what do you do?

You said you work in an office.

How many people are in your office at a time?

How big is your office?

Is it a cubicle like setup with walls between everyone working?

Please describe it if you're willing.

Where do you live?

My Mom had to wait in a line for 20 minutes outside of Wegmans last week because they were doing just that.

Yes, plexiglass/plastic partitions for every desk, hand sanitizer for every student and cleaning supplies for every teacher along with extra masks for an enforceable "every student must wear a mask in class" policy.

giphy.gif

Oh wait, but then you also mentioned the social distancing thing.

How do you get your 6 ft apart for all 30+ students in anywhere from a 400-800 square foot box?

No.

Not 6 weeks.

Students come back August 4th here.

And it's not ultimately the teachers driving these decisions.

Geez so much to address so little time. If little Billy can’t wear a mask little Billy stays home. Sorry little Billy’s mom and dad. You’re on your own. 

Masks....$28 for a box of 50 on Amazon. Dig deep and buy some for the kids.  I imagine there is some creative students/parents/teachers.  Make a ***** ton of them!!  YouTube is your friend. 

My office is very conducive to working safely. We have put measures in place. I have 15 in a large office. Again we are lucky. But no walls between work stations but plenty of space. And with no clients coming in for now we have empty meeting rooms.  Our HR has busted their ass to her us back. 

You don’t need partition for every desk. Just one for the teacher. Your colleagues seem to be the ones concerned about their health not the kids. 

I live in Orange County  California. No lines to here

to get in the store. 

30 kids per classroom. Stagger then class. 10

per shift. Work 12 hours 6 days a week. Go to the local universities. They have to have lots of students who want to teach. Bring them in to help for credits. For Christ’s sake what have you guys been doing the past four months?  This should have been all figured out. 

Yes I’m not a teacher so it’s easier for me to come up with ideas for the classroom but at least I’m coming up with ideas. All you’re coming up with are excuses. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Geez so much to address so little time. If little Billy can’t wear a mask little Billy stays home. Sorry little Billy’s mom and dad. You’re on your own. 

Masks....$28 for a box of 50 on Amazon. Dig deep and buy some for the kids.  I imagine there is some creative students/parents/teachers.  Make a ***** ton of them!!  YouTube is your friend. 

My office is very conducive to working safely. We have put measures in place. I have 15 in a large office. Again we are lucky. But no walls between work stations but plenty of space. And with no clients coming in for now we have empty meeting rooms.  Our HR has busted their ass to her us back. 

You don’t need partition for every desk. Just one for the teacher. Your colleagues seem to be the ones concerned about their health not the kids. 

to get in the store. 

per shift. Work 12 hours 6 days a week. Go to the local universities. They have to have lots of students who want to teach. Bring them in to help for credits. For Christ’s sake what have you guys been doing the past four months?  This should have been all figured out. 

Yes I’m not a teacher so it’s easier for me to come up with ideas for the classroom but at least I’m coming up with ideas. All you’re coming up with are excuses. 

This is one of the most pie in the sky things I've ever seen.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Paulus said:

How about smaller class sizes? Better education for the kids. Limits exposure to viruses and sickness. Addressing a few problems at once. 

Well smaller class size is easier said than done long term. Short term stagger the classes and work longer hours more days. 

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Break it down. Tell me what things can’t be done and why. 

If I'm reading that right, you want teachers to work 72 hours a week? 

11 minutes ago, Paulus said:

How about smaller class sizes? Better education for the kids. Limits exposure to viruses and sickness. Addressing a few problems at once. 

Where are districts going to get the funding to hire new teachers if you want smaller class sizes?

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

As a suggestion sure. At least more hours/shifts  than now. If that’s what needs to be done to get the kids back to the most important part of their lives. I’ve heard no one else come up with solutions/ideas.  

I work 10 hours a day no breaks and stand at my desk for 9 of those. If I needed to do 6 12’s for the good of the community you damn better believe I’m doing it. They should be well rested. ?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So that's the answer?

Flattened the curve.

100% agree

They are.

Transplant I first want to address something you wrote the other day- I try to stay away from name calling and acting like those who disagree are evil, if I do that to you it is because you seem very negative on here. I though want to say also I appreciate a good honest debate. On what you have written above I do not see when you will open schools in your plan until we have a vaccine. I think parents need to have an option and it is up to them whether it is safe.

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Where are districts going to get the funding to hire new teachers if you want smaller class sizes?

From the police forces' budgets... yuk yuk yuk..

Seriously, it is something that should have been done decades ago. Using this pandemic to create something good and also a compromise, is worth a shot. You'd think with the unemployment numbers, getting adequate instructors at bargain barrel prices would be a thing. Honestly, moving money towards education, in a responsible way, is something rarely achieved by government.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

As a suggestion sure. At least more hours/shifts  than now. If that’s what needs to be done to get the kids back to the most important part of their lives. I’ve heard no one else come up with solutions/ideas.  

I work 10 hours a day no breaks and stand at my desk for 9 of those. If I needed to do 6 12’s for the good of the community you damn better believe I’m doing it. They should be well rested. ?

Do you know how many hours a week a teacher works?

And Jim, what do you do?

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well smaller class size is easier said than done long term. Short term stagger the classes and work longer hours more days. 

Certain students go mon/wed while others go tue/thurs... staggering makes sense. Whatever the process chosen is, i hope the wade into the pool slowly, this time.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillStime said:

Do you know how many hours a week a teacher works?

And Jim, what do you do?

Well after a cursory search online it looks like 40-50 hours a week or when I worked in the kitchen what we called “part-time” ?. And what does what I do for a living have to do with this conversation?

4 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Certain students go mon/wed while others go tue/thurs... staggering makes sense. Whatever the process chosen is, i hope the wade into the pool slowly, this time.

And it boggles my mind is they’ve had since mid-end of March to come up with solutions or at least ideas. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well after a cursory search online it looks like 40-50 hours a week or when I worked in the kitchen what we called “part-time” ?. And what does what I do for a living have to do with this conversation?

So, you're not a teacher?  And you looked on line and determined what teachers do is part time work?

And what you do helps others understand your perspective.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The teacher unions would never go for it.  Let's for the sake of argument say there were no teacher unions and teachers didn't work on a salary.  You'd have to legally provide 32 hours of overtime pay.  Where are you going to come up with that money? 

Also, if you have kids come in four hours a day.  Which kids come in in the morning, in the afternoon, and in the evening?  How do working parents adjust to the new schedule?  Will the school provide babysitting services and who's going to pay for it?  What do the bus routes look like?  Do you need to hire more bus drivers or pay them overtime?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And it boggles my mind is they’ve had since mid-end of March to come up with solutions or at least ideas. 

True... I have not seen such sad leadership in my entire life, on this scale. It is like two here are multiple sides each trying to exploit the pandemic for selfish needs. 

That said, smaller class size would also mean teachers would have less work, so I wouldn't have to hear them whine about being overworked and underpaid. This way, they'll just be underpaid. 

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So, you're not a teacher?  And you looked on line and determined what teachers do is part time work?

And what you do helps others understand your perspective.

Who said what they did was part time?  Reading comprehension problems?  

My perspective is from management 101. 

14 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The teacher unions would never go for it.  Let's for the sake of argument say there were no teacher unions and teachers didn't work on a salary.  You'd have to legally provide 32 hours of overtime pay.  Where are you going to come up with that money? 

Also, if you have kids come in four hours a day.  Which kids come in in the morning, in the afternoon, and in the evening?  How do working parents adjust to the new schedule?  Will the school provide babysitting services and who's going to pay for it?  What do the bus routes look like?  Do you need to hire more bus drivers or pay them overtime?

Ding ding ding.  I knew the unions would chime in. ***** the unions. 

Which come in the morning and which in the afternoon and evening?  I don’t know. By height. Come on man.  Figure it out. 

How do working parents adjust?  They’ll figure it out. They’ve adjusted to it the past four months of having the kids home every day.   We’ve offered FMLA for our working parents to help out. 

Bus routes?  Easy one!  Hired more drivers. The Trump economy has 15 billion people looking for work.  

Where are we coming up with the money?  Ask the Feds. They seem to be good at printing it up. How much PPP has these districts applied for?  I’m sure they are eligible. 

To the teachers here.  How many meetings have you all had over the last four months discussing these things. Again I’m not hearing a lot of ideas. Just excuses. 

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Deflect much?

Where did I deflect? 

Well smaller class size is easier said than done long term. Short term stagger the classes and work longer hours more days

Whoa there, bucko. You can't expect teachers to work more than 6 hours in a day (including lunch and free periods), and they certainly can't be expected to show up and work more than 180 days in a year.

That's just wrong.

3 hours ago, jrober38 said:

This is one of the most pie in the sky things I've ever seen.

Agreed,

He has no clue, but I'll address it anyway.

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Nice thought.

Again, if we could ignore parents and their complaints and wishes, believe me teachers would be much happier in their profession.

Parents are often stupid, plain and simple.

Unfortunately, as the previous poster stated... pigeon the sky brah.

Wait, we're teachers.

Now we're health providers and potential arts and crafts experts, too?

Pie in the sky...

This sounds like your job accommodated you and your coworkers quite well, maybe you should consider that teachers should be accommodated similarly.

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

No every desk.

Kids aren't immune and the moment there's a Coronavirus sickness, hospitalization or death, all hell breaks loose.

And yes, kids get sick, too.

to get in the store. 

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh!!!!

Yeah you're wonderful freedom has been lookin really promising.

362 deaths in a 4 day span that ended July 11th.

Yeah, you're definitely living in the region the rest of the Country should be looking towards 

giphy.gif

At least at this point you clearly establish you're either being sarcastic or you're a moron.

And just to let you know, I sincerely think there's a 50/50 chance you're one of these 2 things and I truly hope it's the former.

Sarcastic it is.

No not excuses.

Look back in this thread. I said I think my school has the right idea for a model of how to start school.

However, much to the chagrin of you and others here, it involves a combination of in school learning and distance learning to start the year.

This is especially a necessity for schools with larger student bodies.

So whatever misery you're suffering under, I hope you can actually understand some of the complexities of this issue and that it's not teachers who have been the ones creating the plans, it's administrations and, unfortunately, politicians.

I think I've placated you enough at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1