Fun with cancellation

I just read that now Eskimo Pies are having their name changed because the name is offensive.

I thought it might be fun to have a game around this.  

For or the first post I'll name something.  The next poster should list a way to be offended by this so it can be canceled and then list something new for the next poster to be offended.  You can make the offending matter easy or difficult to find.  Your choice.  You can list from any category : product, person, place, song, movie, whatever.

Example: Cathedral ceilings.  These should be banned because they remind people of oppressive religions.

The initial entry:  Liquid Plumber

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Change the name of “Liquid Plumber” immediately. Think of all the poor people  who have been waterboarded by the oppressive U.S. miltary over the years.   The sight of the word “liquid” can cause extremely stressful emotions.

Next up:  Necco Wafers

24 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Change the name of “Liquid Plumber” immediately. Think of all the poor people  who have been waterboarded by the oppressive U.S. miltary over the years.   The sight of the word “liquid” can cause extremely stressful emotions.

Next up:  Necco Wafers

They're called wafers, but everyone knows that they are only trying to hide the fact that they are crackers.

Banish them now!

Bleach

9 hours ago, snafu said:

They're called wafers, but everyone knows that they are only trying to hide the fact that they are crackers.

Banish them now!

Bleach

Bleach doesn’t make things white it makes things whiter. It gives things an even greater privilege.  It must be banned!!

Brownies. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Using the term brownies in any context at all means that you're either a racist or a pedophile, but probably...well no actually ...you're both a racist and a pedophile.

Forrest Gump.

Gump's growth of a long beard was a clear case of cultural appropriation from Muslims.

Elroy Jetson

28 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Gump's growth of a long beard was a clear case of cultural appropriation from Muslims.

Elroy Jetson

Ruh-roh! You claim to be offended by cultural appropriation, then seriously trot out this little wannabe leprechaun? Really?

Lucky Charms

8 hours ago, Hedge said:

Ruh-roh! You claim to be offended by cultural appropriation, then seriously trot out this little wannabe leprechaun? Really?

Lucky Charms

Lucky Charms have to go for so many reasons. It parodies the Irish as wee little men in green hats. It also gives children the false impression that luck is real and promotes a gambling culture. This evil breakfast cereal must GO!!

Little Miss Muffet 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Lucky Charms have to go for so many reasons. It parodies the Irish as wee little men in green hats. If also give children the false impression that luck is real and promotes a gambling culture. This evil breakfast cereal must GO!!

Little Miss Muffet 

Come on,  every book I ever saw her in showed her sitting on her white privilege tuffet, keeping her eletist curds and whey all to herself. The spider is black, so obviously she is racist and should be shunned for her reaction to run away from black organisms instead of redistributing her wealth to them.

The Three Stooges

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

The three stooges? Clearly mocking Jews, making them look like buffoons. Can't have that!

The Buffalo bills

Buffalo Bill was a racist and slaughtered Indians all the time. His name should be struck from history and all branding with his name on it.

Brown sugar.

1 hour ago, Reality Check said:

Buffalo Bill was a racist and slaughtered Indians all the time. His name should be struck from history and all branding with his name on it.

Brown sugar.

Once while out to eat, the waitress brought me brown sugar instead of white sugar. Now had she brought the white sugar i had prepared myself to deal with the white guilt that clearly comes with using white sugar as a sweetener. However, brown sugar was just a step too far. Brown sugar is the name of a popular rock n roll song that refers to slavery in our country. All references and mentions of that time in history must be canceled! Furthermore, that rock n roll band are all old, rich white dudes. All in all, brown sugar is straight up violence.

Ribeye steak.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Once while out to eat, the waitress brought me brown sugar instead of white sugar. Now had she brought the white sugar i had prepared myself to deal with the white guilt that clearly comes with using white sugar as a sweetener. However, brown sugar was just a step too far. Brown sugar is the name of a popular rock n roll song that refers to slavery in our country. All references and mentions of that time in history must be canceled! Furthermore, that rock n roll band are all old, rich white dudes. All in all, brown sugar is straight up violence.

Ribeye steak.

We are not canceling ribeye steak. 

Chevy Camaro

• Thank you (+1) 1

Christopher Plummer was told by the plumber's union that he must change his surname as he never once cleared a drain or tightened a pipe fitting.  He was also told that dogs have never actually fought in a battle during wartime (Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war).  Sorry, it's the best I got.