“Cancel” / Knee-Jerk Culture of 2020 and beyond

9 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

...pretty sick stuff......I taught my kids to treat people, regardless of sex, race, creed, color religion, orientation et al in the manner you hope to be treated.....those that don't will weed themselves out.....the old moral fiber in this society of respect and tolerance is sadly LONG GONE......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I have never seen that before, so I went and did the Day of the Dead costumes search. I attached the image of my top line.

dod.JPG

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-shows-seattle-area-teacher-023006521.html

What a horrible person. Liberals will even bully children. Disgusting. 

7 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

Appropriating cultures = bad

Right. I think. Unless it’s minorities appropriating white culture which is ok. Ya know, like with Hamilton. In fact it’s beyond beautiful. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I happen to like cancel culture. Voting with your dollars is where democracy and capitalism converge. That is why confiscating your income via taxation and redistributing it is so important to some people. I love it when my customers have a gun pointed to their heads. Highly profitable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 11:17 AM, BillsFanNC said:

Can assume what the loon posted, but it looks like her account was suspended.  (Guessing it was suspended by her.  Based on other comments around her now suspended tweets, doesn't seem to be the type of posting twitter usually takes issue with.) 

• 1 month later...

It's over.  Public education has failed.  None of this ends well for anyone (fyi this was always the most important thing Trump said after Charlottesville...that next would be all the Founders and that puts everyone and everything on the table...this is straight outta the Mao/Che playbook):

School may remove Lincoln’s name because he didn’t show ‘black lives mattered to him’

San Francisco may remove Abraham Lincoln’s name from a high school, because a district committee says the 16th president — who abolished slavery — did not demonstrate that “black lives mattered to him.”

Lincoln is one of dozens of historical figures who the city school district’s renaming committee argued led lives so rife with racism, oppression or abuse that their names should not grace its buildings, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.   

“Lincoln, like the presidents before him and most after, did not show through policy or rhetoric that black lives ever mattered to them outside of human capital and as casualties of wealth building,” Jeffries said.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/local-politics/article/Abraham-Lincoln-was-once-a-hero-In-some-S-F-15798744.php

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/24/2020 at 2:07 PM, B-Man said:

That’s funny, because all those ‘bleeders’ look like women to me...🤣🤣

In all seriousness, though- I really feel sorry sorry for all these females who seem to have such a deep seeded loathing for who they are...I truly hope they are able to find peace, and learn to love themselves, as they are all made in the image of God...

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

It's over.  Public education has failed.  None of this ends well for anyone (fyi this was always the most important thing Trump said after Charlottesville...that next would be all the Founders and that puts everyone and everything on the table...this is straight outta the Mao/Che playbook):

School may remove Lincoln’s name because he didn’t show ‘black lives mattered to him’

San Francisco may remove Abraham Lincoln’s name from a high school, because a district committee says the 16th president — who abolished slavery — did not demonstrate that “black lives mattered to him.”

Lincoln is one of dozens of historical figures who the city school district’s renaming committee argued led lives so rife with racism, oppression or abuse that their names should not grace its buildings, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.   

“Lincoln, like the presidents before him and most after, did not show through policy or rhetoric that black lives ever mattered to them outside of human capital and as casualties of wealth building,” Jeffries said.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/local-politics/article/Abraham-Lincoln-was-once-a-hero-In-some-S-F-15798744.php

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/san-francisco-lincoln-blm/

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Thank you for finding the truth about the original SFGate article.  I tried to read the original myself but it's behind a paywall, which I'm sure is why the RW media latched on to it, knowing that most readers wouldn't fact check their lies.

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Lol.

So everything about the story is true.  Snopes is such a joke.   

The reason they deem the story false was bc the headline was misleading???

Quote from loon Chair on SF SB:

“Lincoln, like the presidents before him and most after, did not show through policy or rhetoric that Black lives ever mattered to them outside of human capital and as casualties of wealth building.”

WHAT?  This is misleading because hey guys.....it wasn't just Lincoln---it was ALL the Presidents before him.  That's even worse.  And he only saw them as human capital??  For what?  I thought that's what the South thought?  Was Lincoln hell bent on bringing Slavery North??

Then, to confirm this is in fact actually being discuss, Dopes quotes the mayor:

.....the name-change proposals have been controversial within the city itself.

San Francisco’s Democratic mayor, London Breed, issued a statement in October 2020 blasting the process as a poor use of public resources amid an ongoing pandemic and resulting school closures, saying it was “offensive” to consider while parents and children struggle with distance learning. Breed’s statement read, in part:

Look, I believe in equity. It’s at the forefront of my administration and we’ve made historic investments to address the systemic racism confronting our city. But the fact that our kids aren’t in school is what’s driving inequity in our City. Not the name of a school. We are in a pandemic right now that is forcing us all to prioritize what truly matters. Conversations around school names can be had once the critical work of educating our young people in person is underway. Once that is happening, then we can talk about everything else. Until those doors are open, the School Board and the District should be focused on getting our kids back in the classroom.

Lemme fact check Snopes here saying this proposal is "controversial" in the city itself:

VERDICT:     FALSE

Why?  Snopes presents the proposal as one that's "controversial" in the city and that the mayor doesn't support.  Reality:  The mayor has no problem discussing and changing the names but would like to wait till the Pandemic is over.  

Big Blitz rates Snopes claim that an actual event happened but wasn't thrilled with how it was headlined does not mean said event didn't happen.  And trying to claim that it was Lincoln's treatment of Native Americans that was what was actually what drove them to consider this, is 1. Misleading and 2. Disturbing.  We would like to ask the SB Chair if we should just cancel the United States.  

We also wish they took the time to do that with left wing sensationalist headlines of stories that are actually indeed fake but we cannot find any because that's not why Snopes actually exists.  

Edited by Big Blitz

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Lol.

So everything about the story is true.  Snopes is such a joke.   

The reason they deem the story false was bc the headline was misleading???

Quote from loon Chair on SF SB:

“Lincoln, like the presidents before him and most after, did not show through policy or rhetoric that Black lives ever mattered to them outside of human capital and as casualties of wealth building.”

WHAT?  This is misleading because hey guys.....it wasn't just Lincoln---it was ALL the Presidents before him.  That's even worse.  And he only saw them as human capital??  For what?  I thought that's what the South thought?  Was Lincoln hell bent on bringing Slavery North??

Then, to confirm this is in fact actually being discuss, Dopes quotes the mayor:

.....the name-change proposals have been controversial within the city itself.

San Francisco’s Democratic mayor, London Breed, issued a statement in October 2020 blasting the process as a poor use of public resources amid an ongoing pandemic and resulting school closures, saying it was “offensive” to consider while parents and children struggle with distance learning. Breed’s statement read, in part:

Look, I believe in equity. It’s at the forefront of my administration and we’ve made historic investments to address the systemic racism confronting our city. But the fact that our kids aren’t in school is what’s driving inequity in our City. Not the name of a school. We are in a pandemic right now that is forcing us all to prioritize what truly matters. Conversations around school names can be had once the critical work of educating our young people in person is underway. Once that is happening, then we can talk about everything else. Until those doors are open, the School Board and the District should be focused on getting our kids back in the classroom.

Lemme fact check Snopes here saying this proposal is "controversial" in the city itself:

VERDICT:     FALSE

Why?  Snopes presents the proposal as one that's "controversial" in the city and that the mayor doesn't support.  Reality:  The mayor has no problem discussing and changing the names but would like to wait till the Pandemic is over.  

Big Blitz rates Snopes claim that an actual event happened but wasn't thrilled with how it was headlined does not mean said event didn't happen.  And trying to claim that it was Lincoln's treatment of Native Americans that was what was actually what drove them to consider this, is 1. Misleading and 2. Disturbing.  We would like to ask the SB Chair if we should just cancel the United States.  

We also wish they took the time to do that with left wing sensationalist headlines of stories that are actually indeed fake but we cannot find any because that's not why Snopes actually exists.  

If you read all of what Snopes said you'd of seen that the Black lives was one guys opinion and that the reason the school named after Lincoln was on the list of names to review was his treatment of Native Americans which apparently was as bad as usual for the time period. But more than that it's just on a list of schools to review doesn't seem all that likely that it'll actually change.

• Like (+1) 1

The Left is just gone.  Those of you that vote Democrat but don't support this and countless other idiotic and slippery slope "ideas" just because Republicans bad need to start speaking up and take your party back or head straight into the abyss with it.