“Cancel” / Knee-Jerk Culture of 2020 and beyond

2 minutes ago, Melon said:

There-in lies the problem. Everything is and is not cancel culture depending on your perspective. An absolute waste of time.

No.

I think when someone else decides what I, or my kids, can hear or see, because someone is offended.

There-in lies the problem.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I think when someone else decides what I, or my kids, can hear or see, because someone is offended.

Knew you could do it without a link!

First time for everything

• Haha (+1) 1

https://www.dailywire.com/news/hollywood-foreign-press-association-board-member-removed-for-sharing-article-that-called-black-lives-matter-a-racist-hate-movement

Hollywood Foreign Press Association Board Member Removed For Sharing Article

That Called Black Lives Matter A ‘Racist Hate Movement’

Truth is the far left's kryptonite. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

OSCARS TV ratings plummet to all-time low… ‘Worse than we could imagine’…

Per Nielsen Live+Same Day preliminary national numbers, an average of 9.85 million viewers tuned in on Sunday evening to watch a more intimate and stripped-down version of the Oscars in the midst of a pandemic. That’s a 58.3%, 13.75 million viewer drop-off from last year. The Academy’s third host-less show in a row scored a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49 in the fast national ratings, a 64.2% dip from 2020.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Consequences.

Florida legislature passes bill pulling tax dollars from the NCAA for boycotting the state over transgender rules

Twitchy reported back on April 12 that the NCAA had confirmed it would pull events from states with bills “banning” trans students from participating in school sports — or at least that’s the way the ACLU reported it. Trans students would still be able to participate in school sports, but on teams according to their biological sex.

Florida is among those states that would face a boycott from the NCAA, which in turn has prompted Florida’s legislature to pass a bill that would prevent tax dollars from going to businesses or organizations that boycott the state.

Edited by B-Man
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 4/26/2021 at 5:40 PM, Unforgiven said:

OSCARS TV ratings plummet to all-time low… ‘Worse than we could imagine’…

Per Nielsen Live+Same Day preliminary national numbers, an average of 9.85 million viewers tuned in on Sunday evening to watch a more intimate and stripped-down version of the Oscars in the midst of a pandemic. That’s a 58.3%, 13.75 million viewer drop-off from last year. The Academy’s third host-less show in a row scored a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49 in the fast national ratings, a 64.2% dip from 2020.

Well deserved...Hollywood is just as bad as the activists masquerading as “ the media” these days. 

On 5/2/2021 at 1:14 AM, Boatdrinks said:

Well deserved...Hollywood is just as bad as the activists masquerading as “ the media” these days. 

It wouldn't be too hard to argue that Trump has a cancel culture all his own that's a hell of a lot more powerful than hollywood or the media.