Bill O'Brien will kneel...JJ Watt says kneeling is no disrespect to the flag or military

What if McDermott announced he would kneel?  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in support of McDermott kneeling in protest with his players this year?

• Yes, I would support it
    • No, I would not support that

8 hours ago, wppete said:

I suspect the NFL is going to be in major trouble this year. They are better off not even having a season because seems to be a very harsh backlash coming to the NFL. Should be interesting to see what happens. 

Haha.  I predict the nfl will still make billions of dollars and not care about the snowflakes (who eventually will give up their “protest” if their team is  good).  What a bunch of babies.  Racial equality makes me mad so I’m not going to watch.  Good, who cares?

and I’m going to physically fight every single fan who goes to bathroom or the concessions during the national anthem.  I’m going to kick in doors to people’s homes if they are standing during it.  Hypocrites. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha.  I predict the nfl will still make billions of dollars and not care about the snowflakes (who eventually will give up their “protest” if their team is  good).  What a bunch of babies.  Racial equality makes me mad so I’m not going to watch.  Good, who cares?

and I’m going to physically fight every single fan who goes to bathroom or the concessions during the national anthem.  I’m going to kick in doors to people’s homes if they are standing during it.  Hypocrites. 

Yeah I completely agree. 

10 hours ago, wppete said:

I suspect the NFL is going to be in major trouble this year. They are better off not even having a season because seems to be a very harsh backlash coming to the NFL. Should be interesting to see what happens. 

Actually plenty people have woken up. I have been to protests where over 50% were white people. You will always have those who refuse to be understanding at all costs. But I think your pre 2020 assertion is wrong here. After this mass awakening people will appreciate the peaceful demonstrations. Those who hate these demonstrations so much to the point they'll miss a season of their favorite sport are extremely un-American! And if that includes you wppete, take a long look in the mirror. At least be honest with yourself. I can respect the white supremacist who is in touch with reality and will admit who they are. Those who hide behind BS excuses on why they have certain views, those who refuse to wake up and see things clear in 2020, those willing to boycott a sport they love most cause some players feel an overall mistreatment of their people and decide to silently and peacefully protest during a time where a song is playing touting America as a place its not for US,  you people are the worst type of racist imo (not saying necessarily YOU, but if the shoe fits...) the type who refuses to acknowledge they actually HATE freedom for all!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Actually plenty people have woken up. I have been to protests where over 50% were white people. You will always have those who refuse to be understanding at all costs. But I think your pre 2020 assertion is wrong here. After this mass awakening people will appreciate the peaceful demonstrations. Those who hate these demonstrations so much to the point they'll miss a season of their favorite sport are extremely un-American! And if that includes you wppete, take a long look in the mirror. At least be honest with yourself. I can respect the white supremacist who is in touch with reality and will admit who they are. Those who hide behind BS excuses on why they have certain views, those who refuse to wake up and see things clear in 2020, those willing to boycott a sport they love most cause some players feel an overall mistreatment of their people and decide to silently and peacefully protest during a time where a song is playing touting America as a place its not for US,  you people are the worst type of racist imo (not saying necessarily YOU, but if the shoe fits...) the type who refuses to acknowledge they actually HATE freedom for all!

Drew Brees is the biggest racist of them all ha ?

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

The lethal force used against George Floyd was the spark that lit the fuse.  I encourage all of us who are not black to talk to some of your black neighbors, or read some literature.  It is about being pulled over more frequently for no reason.  It is about different housing opportunities, business opportunities.  And so on. 

I don’t pretend to understand the plight of black men in America, and I don’t necessarily agree with each point.  But if you take the time to listen it becomes a lot easier to understand why blacks feel systemic racism exists.  And hard to argue.

I agree with your take here.  I've done a lot of listening and had discussions with people that have views on the issues from one end to the other.  All while keeping judgement out of the discussion and respecting everyone's view.  I think that's going to be a key thing to finding some solutions that everybody can agree to and that are realistic.  Respect and actively listening.  At the end of the day I believe I have no right to decide who's right or wrong as you need to walk in somebody else's shoes to get a real taste of life from their perspective.  As for the police, I think it boils down to which of these two statements you believe is true or maybe you fall somewhere in between or in the middle. 

People that support the protests see the police as a tool of state oppression that enforces a formal social order which benefits whites and keeps targeted ethnic, racial, and religious groups from progressing economically, socially, and politically.  They see actions by the police as enforcing this social order targeting specific communities and ignoring similar transgressions elsewhere. 

People that don’t support the protests see the police as a mechanism for enforcing laws and a social order that protects citizens from harm that is caused by other citizens.  They see the police actions as responses to crime.  They may or may not see situations where bias is involved but they generally feel it is not the primary motivator of law enforcement.   One of their dominant themes is that if you don't commit crimes the police won't bother you.  

Honestly, I wish those who are trying to confirm, or deny systemic racism by blithely referencing statistics would just hush. It's clear that they're being used merely to support longstanding conclusions. It's only my opinion, but statistics aren't the key to understanding systemic racism. History is.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Putin said:

Drew Brees is the biggest racist of them all ha ?

Guess you read my post how you wanted to read it. Brees doesnt fall under the category I spoke of. Im talking about the people willing to abandon and boycott all of football because the league wont FORCE players to stand for the anthem. People who disagree with kneeling, that's fine. But when you HATE to see people exercise their rights  so much that you are wiling to alter your life and not watch football, you are a hypocrite and lost likely a supremacist imo.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Honestly, I wish those who are trying to confirm, or deny systemic racism by blithely referencing statistics would just hush. It's clear that they're being used merely to support longstanding conclusions. It's only my opinion, but statistics aren't the key to understanding systemic racism. History is.

Of course.

Loud and clear.

Hush.

Nah. I'll pass and stick to statistics that actually show the true numbers to argue a false narrative.

So, take your narrative and "hush" yourself.

Ya dig?

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m not sure if this is the place, college football or off the wall but think that the Mike Gundy story is interesting sub-plot to this. How is he going to be able to recruit top talent in this climate? He’s already put his foot in his mouth a couple of times over the last few months (which he has a habit of doing). I would think opposing coaches would be talking about this to recruits every chance they get. That will be interesting to watch unfold.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not sure if this is the place, college football or off the wall but think that the Mike Gundy story is interesting sub-plot to this. How is he going to be able to recruit top talent in this climate? He’s already put his foot in his mouth a couple of times over the last few months (which he has a habit of doing). I would think opposing coaches would be talking about this to recruits every chance they get. That will be interesting to watch unfold.

gundy-photo.1592251050671.jpeg?w=1050&h=

For anyone wondering, this t-shirt is the wrongthink that Gundy is guilty of. Hopefully the players, with the help of years of therapy, will be able to get over this traumatizing event. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Really, you cancel culture bull#### is disgusting.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LB3 said:

gundy-photo.1592251050671.jpeg?w=1050&h=

For anyone wondering, this t-shirt is the wrongthink that Gundy is guilty of. Hopefully the players, with the help of years of therapy, will be able to get over this traumatizing event. 

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Really, you cancel culture bull#### is disgusting.

If you don’t think parents of young black men will be offended you’re wrong. Not even naive just straight up wrong. Coaches will use this against him often. If you think that this has zero impact on recruiting I have a bridge for sale. That’s the reason that he backpedaled like Deion Sanders today. It isn’t that he saw the light. It’s that he did MASSIVE damage to his recruiting efforts. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If you don’t think parents of young black men will be offended you’re wrong. Not even naive just straight up wrong. Coaches will use this against him often. If you think that this has zero impact on recruiting I have a bridge for sale. That’s the reason that he backpedaled like Deion Sanders today. It isn’t that he saw the light. It’s that he did MASSIVE damage to his recruiting efforts. 

I didn't say you're wrong. I just was adding context to your post.

Isn’t the bigger question why we still play the anthem before sporting events? Why not the pledge of allegiance? A reading of the bill of rights (which last time I checked included the freedom of expression)?  

And if we’re going to play the anthem before sporting events, why not before the Opera, movies, concerts? 

This is so silly. 

And I’m dumbfounded that this poll has more than zero votes for “no, i wouldn’t support that.” It’s his choice. And he leads a group of guys who beat up other guys for our entertainment. 

But I again go back to the question of why we feel sports are the one thing we watch for entertainment that must start with the national anthem. 

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Who gives a ***** about college football recruits? Seriously. Who cares??????

The man can't wear a conservative network t-shirt and you think the problem is college football recruits not wanting to play football for him?

***** football.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not really context, because what I said is 100% true. He will lose talent, and potentially, a lot of it. So while that may disgust you it’s a fact. 

Did you happen to mention why he's been canceled? Hence, context. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

Who gives a ***** about college football recruits? Seriously. Who cares??????

The man can't wear a conservative network t-shirt and you think the problem is college football recruits not wanting to play football for him?

***** football.

If he can’t recruit and win he can’t keep his job. It’s really that simple. He’s going to lose talent and ultimately his job. It may not come immediately but he added a target to his back. He makes over $5M a year to recruit and win. This isn’t good for that. That was the point.