CHAZ Seattle Observations

10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The sensationalized take is "they let them die". No one disputed that the cops met resistance. Investigators were later allowed into the area.

the catchphrase is "defund the police" obviously

You were taking it a face value, but like everything in life, it goes deeper than that

I wonder if the last thought the 19 year old had as he drifted away was  “I hope CHAZpital General is accepting new patients.”.   This was as predictable as the rain. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

I thought California was the land of wackos, but Seattle has passed them. If this isn't stopped soon, it'll happen in other cities too.

My brother in law has lived in Seattle for several years.  He has always said Seattle seems to be trying to be the new San Francisco. Looks like they’ve surpassed SF big time. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Ol’ Raz ain’t getting much sympathy in the replies to his tweet.

25 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

My brother in law has lived in Seattle for several years.  He has always said Seattle seems to be trying to be the new San Francisco. Looks like they’ve surpassed SF big time. 

It’s too bad. My experience with Seattle consists of a 4 day stay 12 years ago so I’m hardly an expert, but at the time it seemed like a really cool city. 

Today in the Seattle Times they had a long article about CHOP,  "Deadly shooting in CHOP leads to questions and soul-searching."

In the article there was a picture of a guy with an AR-15 type rifle with a banana clip (high capacity magazine) strapped on his chest with his trousers tucked into his army boots and wearing a bullet proof vest.

I found the caption somewhat ironic.

"A man who goes by Lloyd, walks through CHOP on Saturday, carrying a weapon.  Lloyd said it was his first day in CHOP and he's involved with anti-racist groups.  "I'm here to deescalate," he said.  "I don't want to have to fire this for any reason."

In other words, he's like a cop in a no cop zone, but better armed.

I read this in the old school hard copy newspaper and could not find it online, thus no link.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Today in the Seattle Times they had a long article about CHOP,  "Deadly shooting in CHOP leads to questions and soul-searching."

In the article there was a picture of a guy with an AR-15 type rifle with a banana clip (high capacity magazine) strapped on his chest with his trousers tucked into his army boots and wearing a bullet proof vest.

I found the caption somewhat ironic.

"A man who goes by Lloyd, walks through CHOP on Saturday, carrying a weapon.  Lloyd said it was his first day in CHOP and he's involved with anti-racist groups.  "I'm here to deescalate," he said.  "I don't want to have to fire this for any reason."

In other words, he's like a cop in a no cop zone, but better armed.

I read this in the old school hard copy newspaper and could not find it online, thus no link.

Please refrain from using the term banana clip.

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Segregation is also listed in their demands.

Related to economic demands, we also have demands pertaining to what we would formally call “Health and Human Services.”

1. We demand the hospitals and care facilities of Seattle employ black doctors and nurses specifically to help care for black patients.

https://medium.com/@seattleblmanon3/the-demands-of-the-collective-black-voices-at-free-capitol-hill-to-the-government-of-seattle-ddaee51d3e47

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, bilzfancy said:

I feel bad for the real residents and businesses of that area.

They should DO something.

I don't mean violence, but as the Lefties say "silence is consent"

• Like (+1) 4